Clinton How can Hillary lose?

If you dont know what establishment or racist means to most people you arent working with a full deck.

What does establishment mean to you? No answer? Oh well. I didn't think you knew what it means anyways. I'm not surprised that you don't have an answer. I'm totally not surprised in the least little bit.

The term "establishment" means jack shit. It is just a buzz word when a nut job is incapable of making a coherent and logical argument. When someone says, "establishment" I just tune them out because it is abundantly clear that that person is a total fucking idiot. I don't listen to idiots. They are annoying.

They cant control him

You do know that makes absolutely no sense.

If he is elected as President then he is the GOP. All they have to do is fall in step. They only hated him because he didn't deserve the position. The GOP may be playing a little reverse psychology at the moment. The anti-"establishment" movement salivates when they find out Trump is disliked by his own party. Ted Cruz's speech was strategic not vindictive as some suggest. If the GOP can ambiguously pretend that they might like Trump or they might not like Trump then people can draw their own conclusions and energetically vote for Trump regardless.

It is reverse psychology as a strategy. It has never been the job of the GOP to control a seated president. That's not how partisan politics work. The GOP might need to control Senators or Congressmen but not the President. If the elected President is a Republican the he is the GOP.

P.S. The term establishment is a non-concept because it means something different depending on who you ask. It's akin to the term racist. It really doesn't mean anything. It's a buzz word that people use when they are frustrated and can't make a point.
Makes plenty of sense but your theory is also interesting regarding the gamesmanship.

If you dont know what establishment or racist means to most people you arent working with a full deck. Granted there are subtle differences due to perception but no one is confused when you use those terms.

I would view the establishment as being the party apparatus. There are people operating the Republican Party that have been deeply entrenched for decades. If I listed their names nobody would know who they were. Being a delegate at the national convention is no small feat. You have to be financed or self financed to attend the convention. You have to be well known at the state level of the party. That takes decades of being well known at your local party level. These are the people that write the official party platform. They mandate what republican politicians pretend to care about. Breaking that establishment apart is entirely possible but would make the party apparatus dysfunctional. The party would be ran by new people that have no idea what to do and will receive no help from the 20+ year veterans of the party that they just kicked to the curb. It would be like a lottery winner purchasing Facebook, firing the entire staff and hiring his buddies to run Facebook. It would be an absolute disaster. These establishment members have seen many political fads come and go. They have seen many popular politicians come and go. Their motivation is to help get Republicans elected. They will bend to the whims of the general population.

Some people start naming politician's names when they refer to the establishment. They start referring to politicians that have been in office for a long time. They start referring to politicians that have risen to key leadership positions. They call that the establishment. That's silly because that isn't established. Those politicians come and go. How is that considered an establishment? An establishment is something that is established and difficult to topple.

Since I lack common sense. Treat me like a child and tell me what looney tunes mean when they say, "establishment".

This is very interesting, and lends itself easily to comparison with the two other major apparatus establishments of the recent 50 years, the soviet communist party and the American Tea Party. How can such establishments topple or how can they topple others? The Soviet communist party toppled the Zar's establishment by acquiring a larger bureaucracy, I think. But how was the American Tea Party toppled?

If you dont know what establishment or racist means to most people you arent working with a full deck. Granted there are subtle differences due to perception but no one is confused when you use those terms.

You are a liar. You don't even know what those terms mean. If you did then you would have told me months ago.

Way to necro your failure of a thread, fella!
I was just hoping that Asclepias had an answer. He apparently doesn't. He has had several months to think about it. He still doesn't know what "establishment" means. I don't think he knows. Do you?

:badgrin: No. Asclepias doesn't know much except maybe blind hatred for whitey and possibly how to shoot a gun.

Forum List

Back