How Can Anyone Think The US Military Is Doing a Good Job?

Please provide a link or evidence where Ahmedinejad promised to kill all of the Jews.

Thank You
Ok, I take it that you do not believe Beer is a German health food. That is your loss.

You need to read the Iranian copies of Ahmedinejad's speeches in Congress.

Can you read Farsi?

You need to read the Iranian copies of Ahmedinejad's speeches in Congress.

Can you read Farsi?
No I can't read Farsi. But as you well know. Ahmedinejads word were initially mistranslated by the media.

When accurate translations by Farsi scholars were published. It was far less inflamatory and did not call for the death of Jews. Just the down fall of the fascist Israeli government.

That is soo weak.

When did Iraq fund terrorists?

One less war ground? Iraq? :eek: Surely you jest!! :lol:

Semi democratic. Yes, that is untill we leave.

When did Iraq fund terrorist. You are so far in denial you can't even google the topic.

One less war ground yes Iraq is a battleground but then again so is Chicago, New York, and Detroit.

Semi democratic because some extrmist are still trying to kill off the democratically elected leaders until the leader they want is in succession.

Neubarth if you are in agreement with sunni then your ignorance suprises me.

Semi democratic because some extrmist are still trying to kill off the democratically elected leaders until the leader they want is in succession.
They hate having a foreign puppet government installed to rule over them.

As an American, would you also take up arms, if we were invaded and a fake government was installed to rule over us.

If that happened here in the US. How long would you keep fighting the occupiers?

Let's look at the invasion of Iraq from a tactical standpoint. What brainfarts? As a military operation, it was pretty flawless.

Now let's address the politics involved in the operation. The months-long buildup of forces, telegraphing our punch. Saddam could have moved a complete nuclear reactor and facility out of Iraq in that time.

Not keeping the Shia, Sunni, and Kurds isolated where they already were. They should have been kept isolated until the Iraqi government could deal with them and we were gone.

Allowing Iraqi military people to take their weapons and go home.

Forcing our military to observe a bunch of arbitrary rules the insurgents/terrorists weren't in trying to flush them out.

All of those were decisions made by politicians. Add to that the relentless onslaught of negative media perpetrated on the American public by the MSMand the left and you can easily snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Good points all. Also about the brain-farts.

To add to Gunny's comments, IMO by not having a large force to move in from the north (Turkey) that hurt us down the road on leaving too many avenues for Syria and Iran to let insurgents in.

If you use the Gulf War as a model, even though the goal was not to control the borders of Iraq, the general concept of massive force was there.

I agree we had already blown getting anything, if there was anything to get, given the time and the rules involved. However, after that fact, we should have held up and put the forces needed into the north in spite of Turkey. Yes, it would have taken longer, but, we would have had the numbers and coming from other directions to better control the borders and the populous.

That is just one complaint I had, which I felt cost us down the road.

We knew going in this was more of a matter than just defeating another military and leaving. To truly control that nation we needed much larger numbers and disbursed better from the start. It's a long haul from Kuwait to the Turkish border.

The bottom-line in my mind is fairly basic. Once the politicians have made the commitment to send our men and women into harms way, then the military needs to have total control and call the shots until all objectives have been met. Only under extreme conditions should the decision making be sent back to the politicians for any consideration.

For your information, Shepard, the British have spent decades in Ireland and still not completely pacified the place. It took ten years of fighting in Malaysia before that conflict was resolved. It took the US military 10 years of hard fighting in the Phillipines to resolve that problem. Counterinsurgency warfare is not clean, quick or easy. Maybe if all of the arm chair generals had shut up, we would have dealt with this problem in 1991, like we should have, and we wouldn't have to be having this debate.

I wouldn't really try to downgrade the performance of the British Soldiers, they proved to be one of the Best fighting forces in history: You should know that, because it s the reason why you re typing this post in the English language. And an occupation force isn't likely in winning a war against the people it occupies (and certainly not when the people who occupy re so much different from the people who are occupied).

Last edited:
I wouldn't really try to downgrade the performance of the British Soldiers, they proved to be one of the Best fighting forces in history:

Especially since so much of the fighting done on behalf of the British empire was done by people who were not English.

You should know that, because it s the reason why you re typing this post in the English language.

The Hessian thing didn't work out so well for them, though, did it?

And an occupation force isn't likely in winning a war against the people it occupies (and certainly not when the people who occupy re so much different from the people who are occupied).

You got that for sure.

Especially since so much of the fighting done on behalf of the British empire was done by people who were not English.

hahaha, good point

But a lot of them learned english at least after a while :razz:, but still even if the forces weren't English the British managed to get them under the English flag by conquering them and I think the British generals and higher officers were mostly British everywhere in the British forces (with english or no english speaking forces).

I'm just jumping in here, as I have only read a few of the post. Would like to share this opinion though.

I don't think what we see in Iraq or even in Afghanistan is a good measuring stick for how well our military may or may not be.

First, they cannot expect to be most effective with one hand tied behind their back.

Second, they are not setup properly to be a police force and ambassadors. They are primarily trained to fight and win, period. Our MP personal are not geared for large scale missions, like Iraq.

Third, though they do receive training in how to fight with civilians in mind, it is not effective or productive and it is not what they are geared to do best.

Finally, in Iraq Bush did not put nearly enough boots on the ground from day one. He had enough to remove Iraq's military threats and to over throw Saddam, but, he wasn't even close for controlling an entire nation and it's borders. Again, not the military's fault.

Another personal opinion. Our true force is way beyond what many may think. We have tremendous capabilities before ever considering the use of a nuclear weapon. If we lack anything in my opinion, compared to years ago is the ability to battle in the trenches, up close and personal. Don't take me wrong, we certainly have forces capable, but, not like it use to be. Weapons are so advanced now that much of it places distance between us and the opposing forces. If anything Iraq has helped in this area some.

Nations like Russia and China may have larger numbers and they may have some advanced weapons, but, short of nuclear they still lag fairly far behind. Not only that, I think we would be far better at keeping forces moving, not getting bogged down with repairs and supplies.

Just some thoughts and clearly not in any detail. I'm one of these people who feel that it would benefit each young person, male and female to at least be required to go through basics right after high school.

No I can't read Farsi. But as you well know. Ahmedinejads word were initially mistranslated by the media.

When accurate translations by Farsi scholars were published. It was far less inflamatory and did not call for the death of Jews. Just the down fall of the fascist Israeli government.

Oh who the hell are you trying to fool?

Save it pal not many are going to buy that pile!

They hate having a foreign puppet government installed to rule over them.

As an American, would you also take up arms, if we were invaded and a fake government was installed to rule over us.

If that happened here in the US. How long would you keep fighting the occupiers?

I'm curious, you are a racist, a biggot and anti- semitic.

Further, you more times than not aline yourself with those who either currently do or have killed American's or are in some fashion working against our military.

So why are you here?

Wouldn't you be much happier in a nation where the majority shares your views and where the government is not the worlds thug?

And please, I am not bitching about your opinions, so it is not about freedom of speech or thought, I simply don't understand why anyone would stay in a nation when they feel as you do.

I never understood people who bitch about things they have the ability to change. In this case, relocation.

I mean, these are true dislikes for you. Fundamental, to the core of your person, dislikes.

Ah, yes...the old "If you don't like it, get the hell out of the country" regurgitation. Exactly what my sons serve their country for.

*sigh*

I suppose you'd tell them to get the hell out too, since neither of those vets think invading/occupying Iraq was right?

BTW, even though they are Christian, they also serve and fight for agnostics and atheists to have freedoms too. So cover you bare six, don't expect them to kiss it - and deal with it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back