How Can Anyone Think The US Military Is Doing a Good Job?

I think you all missed the point. Considering the shitty hand they've been delt in Iraq...how is whether or not the US military turned lemons into lemonade not a credible topic of discussion?

How do you know the US military, from grunts to commanders, and as a whole is doing a good job or not in Iraq?

I've yet to see any concrete answers. Not even a mention of the measurements the military would us to gauge how well they're performing.

And to the poster who said I would get punched in the face, I say get bent scumbag. If you can't discuss a serious topic without your roid rage, I suggest you log off the internet and chill out.

Ok, I apologize for talking about punching you in the face...I didn't literally mean that someone should. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. :cool:

My point was that the military is doing a good job. They complete the missions that are given to them, as retarded as some may be.

The question is not "Is our military doing a good job?" but, "Are the people that control our military commanders doing a good job?"

The soldiers take whatever mission is given to them and complete it, simple as that...they have no choice about what the mission is. They don't all take a vote in the mess-hall for whether or not their going to go on patrol, or raid a home or not...they are told to raid a house, and they do it. Job done, good job.

If you were a hit man, and you killed people every day for 30 years, you'd do a job of being a hit-man. Now whether it's moral or not is a different question, but you did a good job.

Ok, I apologize for talking about punching you in the face...I didn't literally mean that someone should. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. :cool:

My point was that the military is doing a good job. They complete the missions that are given to them, as retarded as some may be.

The question is not "Is our military doing a good job?" but, "Are the people that control our military commanders doing a good job?"

The soldiers take whatever mission is given to them and complete it, simple as that...they have no choice about what the mission is. They don't all take a vote in the mess-hall for whether or not their going to go on patrol, or raid a home or not...they are told to raid a house, and they do it. Job done, good job.

If you were a hit man, and you killed people every day for 30 years, you'd do a job of being a hit-man. Now whether it's moral or not is a different question, but you did a good job.

Wrong. You`re assuming that the hitman is in fact doing a good job. Which is very very different from the hitman`s capabilities.

I know plenty of college quarterbacks who had all the tools for success in the NFL, yet ended up sucking.

I wanted hard facts, not patriotic garbage.

Here`s my first question, open to all. How can anyone say the US military is doing a good job when it reportedly has lost billions upon billions of dollars. The military *cough cough* claims to not know ``what happened`` to the money. It just `dissappeared`according to the miltary.

And I`m not taking about individual soldiers damnit. I`m talking about the US military as a ``team``.

Right off the bat, I want to state I'm not talking about the entire history of the US armed forces. I'm talking about the modern US military.

The surge proved one thing - the US military transformed itself, by sheer stupidity, into the underdog. The surge's very existence remains an explicit admission of failure. If events in Iraq proceeded in a better way, one wouldn't reccommend a surge in the first place. If things were going better, one wouldn't argue a need to maintain a surge.

You obviously have zero knowledge of military strategy. By your assessment, D-Day was admission of failure by Eisenhower. D-Day was nothing more than a troop surge into northern France, was that a failure? No it was a strategic action.

Obviously the military is not doing a good job. Only a biased, subjective twit would conclude otherwise.

Opinions are like assholes.

Five years and no Bin Laden. The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq rage on. Nearing a trillion dollars in treasure spent and no end to the wars in sight. Iran, of all nations, has exploited the situation. In a cruel twist of fate to the Americans, Iran finds herself in a strengthened position then the mullah heads ever dreamed possible in 2003.

How exactly is Iran in a strengthened position?

And some think the US military has done a good job?

Absolutely, with the resources that have been given them.

My question is what the hell are they good at? With all seriousness, what the hell are they good at? Again, what is it Americans think the US military is good at?

I know entire battalion of Rangers that would love to demonstrate.

Firing $25 million dollar missles to kill two, maybe three low level insurgents and their infant children? Losing millions of dollars in Humvees to one dollar pipe bombs?

Which missile costs 25 million dollars? Spending money to save US soldier's lives is bad?

The poor souls even failed to complete their main mission (catching Osama) before purposefully agreeing to, or going along with, creating another problem (the Iraq war).

If you think you can do better, get your ass on a donkey and go find him.

I do really want to know, what the hell are these guys good at?.

Like I said, 2nd BATT of the 175th would love to demonstrate.

I don't chime in on the war much, because it raises my blood pressure. However, those that rage on about how this war kills babies and soldiers and the economy are part of the problem. Soldiers can hear your opinion and what do you think that does to morale? That's right, you don't give a shit.

It is shit stains like you that undermine the war effort. You sit comfortably behind your keyboard while soldiers, sailors, aviators, and marines are putting their ass on the line in order to fight an unpopular war. They do it, because of love of country, service to something greater one's self. So, my message to you is this:

Pick up a rifle or shut the fuck up.

Wrong. You`re assuming that the hitman is in fact doing a good job. Which is very very different from the hitman`s capabilities.

Every military mission has been accomplished, therefore a good job has been done.

I know plenty of college quarterbacks who had all the tools for success in the NFL, yet ended up sucking.

What the fuck does this have to do with the price of tea in China??????

I wanted hard facts, not patriotic garbage.

Hard fact - you're an asshole

Here`s my first question, open to all. How can anyone say the US military is doing a good job when it reportedly has lost billions upon billions of dollars. The military *cough cough* claims to not know ``what happened`` to the money. It just `dissappeared`according to the miltary.

It's called black funding. You "lose" some money in order to have it stashed away to fund projects that you know bleeding heart liberal prick such as yourself will not want to fund. Or, you want to have money available for projects that you don't want to write into a budget that some mealy mouth congressman can't wait to blab about to the public. Duh!

And I`m not taking about individual soldiers damnit. I`m talking about the US military as a ``team``.

As a team, the US military is the finest fighting force in the world.

You obviously have zero knowledge of military strategy. By your assessment, D-Day was admission of failure by Eisenhower. D-Day was nothing more than a troop surge into northern France, was that a failure? No it was a strategic action.

Opinions are like assholes.

How exactly is Iran in a strengthened position?

Absolutely, with the resources that have been given them.

I know entire battalion of Rangers that would love to demonstrate.

Which missile costs 25 million dollars? Spending money to save US soldier's lives is bad?

If you think you can do better, get your ass on a donkey and go find him.

Like I said, 1st BATT of the 175th would love to demonstrate.

I don't chime in on the war much, because it raises my blood pressure. However, those that rage on about how this war kills babies and soldiers and the economy are part of the problem. Soldiers can hear your opinion and what do you think that does to morale? That's right, you don't give a shit.

It is shit stains like you that undermine the war effort. You sit comfortably behind your keyboard while soldiers, sailors, aviators, and marines are putting their ass on the line in order to fight an unpopular war. They do it, because of love of country, service to something greater one's self. So, my message to you is this:

bullshit most of them do it for education and money..and that something greater than themselves they serve is the elite of the military industrial complex

bullshit most of them do it for education and money..and that something greater than themselves they serve is the elite of the military industrial complex

Au contraire simple one. Education is merely a recruiting tool. If the mlitary did not pay for college. We would still have an all volunteer army. Spend time around soldiers and most will tell you that education is in the back of their mind, but service to country is first. Nobody in their right mind would risk dying for a college degree.

I would answer to the rest of your post, if I did not already conclude trading words with you remains a colossal waste of time. For now, I'll respond to the insults.

First off, you can take the "if you haven't served, shut the hell up," routine and stick it.

Let me tell you this, you fake tough guy. If the whole world came to a crashing end - nuclear bombs and all - I wouldn't need you or your stinking army to come rescue me, nor would I be afraid to die. Don't ever assume you know me. You got that?

Secondly, I am my own man. And if there's anything I hate, it's twits like you who throw underhanded personal insults behind the safety of a keyboard while claiming I'm the one hiding behind a keyboard. Don't ever, ever forget I do not have to respect anyone just because they wear a uniform.

Either way, it is my opinion the military, as a team, is doing an awful job in Iraq.

How anyone can say different blows the mind. Though long after Hitler's suicide, the Fuerher had his own rabble of bitter enders as well. Hence, ignoring the overwhelming empirical evidence does not do anyone any good.

Now, if you want to disuss the reasons why I think Iran's position has strengthened without exhibiting your inner baboon again, then I'm all for it.

If not, get bent scumbag.

I would answer to the rest of your post, if I did not already conclude trading words with you remains a colossal waste of time. For now, I'll respond to the insults.

First off, you can take the "if you haven't served, shut the hell up," routine and stick it.

Let me tell you this, you fake tough guy. If the whole world came to a crashing end - nuclear bombs and all - I wouldn't need you or your stinking army to come rescue me, nor would I be afraid to die. Don't ever assume you know me. You got that?

Secondly, I am my own man. And if there's anything I hate, it's twits like you who throw underhanded personal insults behind the safety of a keyboard while claiming I'm the one hiding behind a keyboard. Don't ever, ever forget I do not have to respect anyone just because they wear a uniform.

Either way, it is my opinion the military, as a team, is doing an awful job in Iraq.

How anyone can say different, is mind blowing.

Now, if you want to disuss the reasons why I think Iran's position has strengthened then I'm all for it. If not, get bent.

You insult the entire military from behind and a keyboard and I am the one throwing insults?

If you want to spew your Jane Fonda diatribe on us then grow the thick skin required to endure the backlash. Anyone with half a brain can tell that you have never served. I did not have to bring that up. You are simply a monday morning quarterback. You are right, you do not have to respect someone just because they wear a uniform, but ths nation has been built by those that did. It would behoove you to respect the uniform itself. So like I said:

And to answer your question, "What s the military good at?" It s good at what it is intended to do. Kill.

You insult the entire military from behind and a keyboard and I am the one throwing insults?

If you want to spew your Jane Fonda diatribe on us then grow the thick skin required to endure the backlash. Anyone with half a brain can tell that you have never served. I did not have to bring that up. You are simply a monday morning quarterback. You are right, you do not have to respect someone just because they wear a uniform, but ths nation has been built by those that did. It would behoove you to respect the uniform itself. So like I said:

And to answer your question, "What s the military good at?" It s good at what it is intended to do. Kill.

So one has to serve in order to comment on the US military prescence in Iraq and the job their doing? I'll remember that next time I see you post on an issue that is outside your current occupation. It's also funny that you say this to me while ON AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.

God, you're a goof and maybe even a commie. I'm not sure I can take you seriously. Maybe you should root for the North Korean army and their 'values.' They tend to love telling people to shut up or join up.

You would have made a fine commissar in the glory days of the Soviet army.

Finally, I do not know who or what Jane Fonda is old timer. Way before my time.

So one has to serve in order to comment on the US military prescence in Iraq and the job their doing? Its funny that you say this to me ON AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. God, you're a goof. I'm not sure I can take youi seriously.

If that's what you think then maybe you should root for the North Korean army and their 'values.'

Finally, I do not know who Jane Fonda old timer. Way before my time.

Never said that. Commenting is perfectly fine. Insulting is another. You can comment, just be ready for those that are insulted. You don't have to be old to know of Jane Fonda.

With that, you are dismissed.

Never said that. Commenting is perfectly fine. Insulting is another. You can comment, just be ready for those that are insulted. You don't have to be old to know of Jane Fonda.

What is it the US military - as a team - is doing well in Iraq. And for the sake of debate, what do you think they're doing terribly?

The all volunteer army has been a major disaster.

Au contraire simple one. Education is merely a recruiting tool. If the military did not pay for college. We would still have an all volunteer army. Spend time around soldiers and most will tell you that education is in the back of their mind, but service to country is first. Nobody in their right mind would risk dying for a college degree.

I have spent a lot of time around soldiers and serving there fellow man was usually a nice after thought and yes people will take all kinds of risk in both the private sector and military provide for there family's or get a education and they are deluded if they think they serve their country and not global corporate interest

I have spent a lot of time around soldiers and serving there fellow man was usually a nice after thought and yes people will take all kinds of risk in both the private sector and military provide for there family's or get a education and they are deluded if they think they serve their country and not global corporate interest

Just because you said it, don't make it so.

Our "disaster" is still the No. 1 military force in the world. By a huge margin.

Our "disaster" is still the No. 1 military force in the world. By a huge margin.

I would prefer that at this time we did not have to go up against the Communist Chinese Army. Their size is awesome and they are stealing all our technology. I think it would be nukular time.

Maybe. But our army would still be better equipped, better trained, and better fed.

Right off the bat, I want to state I'm not talking about the entire history of the US armed forces. I'm talking about the modern US military.

The surge proved one thing - the US military transformed itself, by sheer stupidity, into the underdog. The surge's very existence remains an explicit admission of failure. If events in Iraq proceeded in a better way, one wouldn't reccommend a surge in the first place. If things were going better, one wouldn't argue a need to maintain a surge.

Obviously the military is not doing a good job. Only a biased, subjective twit would conclude otherwise.

Five years and no Bin Laden. The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq rage on. Nearing a trillion dollars in treasure spent and no end to the wars in sight. Iran, of all nations, has exploited the situation. In a cruel twist of fate to the Americans, Iran finds herself in a strengthened position then the mullah heads ever dreamed possible in 2003.

And some think the US military has done a good job?

My question is what the hell are they good at? With all seriousness, what the hell are they good at? Again, what is it Americans think the US military is good at?

Firing $25 million dollar missles to kill two, maybe three low level insurgents and their infant children? Losing millions of dollars in Humvees to one dollar pipe bombs?

The poor souls even failed to complete their main mission (catching Osama) before purposefully agreeing to, or going along with, creating another problem (the Iraq war).

With all honestly, the current US military is really and I mean really capable of following the orders of people who don't know what they're doing. That much is certainly clear.

I do really want to know, what the hell are these guys good at?

Don't give me that patriotic garbage either. I want hard real world answers.

They are ever only as good as their leaders. Command is responsible for the troops they command.

I would prefer that at this time we did not have to go up against the Communist Chinese Army. Their size is awesome and they are stealing all our technology. I think it would be nukular time.

I agree...Swamp man doesn't think so. He argues that as long as we keep buying their tainted goods all is well. That the Chinese need our money that their ecomony depends on it.

What is it the US military - as a team - is doing well in Iraq. And for the sake of debate, what do you think they're doing terribly?

Individual Augmentation (IA). Navy (and even some Air Force) are augmenting Army/Marine units in support for the war. Some of the traditional Army roles are being filled by primarily Navy personnel. No, they aren't sending sailors into hardcore combat units, but they are sending them into Civil Affairs units and more of the protective type missions. Civil Affairs work with the public in an area to find out what their needs are.

There are plenty of jobs doing the basic things as well, admin/personnel type stuff. Each Sailor that goes IA keeps one more Soldier or Marine from doing a third or fourth tour overseas. They have been bearing the brunt of the deployments no doubt, here is how sailors are doing their part for them.
Augmenting is adding to, not filling in for.

Now as any Sailor or Marine will tell you the Marines have Navy Hospital Corpsmen assigned to their combat units. Both are very protective of the other.
That's what is being done as a team.

As for "And for the sake of debate, what do you think they're doing terribly?"
A feeble attempt to get others to join your temper tantrum.:rofl:

What, are you a freakin' parrot? You've been KILLED on this more than a few times. Everyone that's wanted a piece of your ass has had one; yet, you keep posting the same baseless bullshit.

YOU are a major disaster.

Forum List

Back