How can an imperfect man(woman) interpret a perfect God?

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
We all agree that man is imperfect. Man's imperfection is exemplified in his attempt to definitively define God.
In the process too many people deny their imperfections and feel their interpretaion is exactly correct. It is my way or the highway.

Our imperfection should make us humble.

I feel a humble, open mind belief is the way to the true God.

Not an arrogant and unbending belief.

I don't think I can adequately define perfect but I can define imperfect.

Imperfect is exemplified by the human characteristics of greed and egocentricity. Both of those characteristics drive bad behavior.

I also agree with the post above. Man is limited God is unlimited.

My definition of imperfect? Comes from what I'd heard from a person in AA once. They said it was somewhere in the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions book.

Never forgot it either, because truth is truth, no matter where you find it.............

"When we willfully demand more pleasures than are possible or are due us is the measure of our imperfections, or, if you will, of our sins".

Our imperfections, or our sins, are actually our desire to look at ourselves more than we look at others, and, noticing only ourselves, think that everything is for us.

Greed comes quite quickly on the heels of that.

Should an imperfect human interpret a perfect God?

Yes.

But, they should only interpret for THEMSELVES, and let others interpret their understanding of God for themselves. When 1 person who finds something that works really well for them tries to force that thing on others, they find it doesn't always work.

One man's meat is another man's poison. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Same thing for religion.

Last edited:
My definition of imperfect? Comes from what I'd heard from a person in AA once. They said it was somewhere in the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions book.

Never forgot it either, because truth is truth, no matter where you find it.............

"When we willfully demand more pleasures than are possible or are due us is the measure of our imperfections, or, if you will, of our sins".

Our imperfections, or our sins, are actually our desire to look at ourselves more than we look at others, and, noticing only ourselves, think that everything is for us.

Yes.

But, they should only interpret for THEMSELVES, and let others interpret their understanding of God for themselves. When 1 person who finds something that works really well for them tries to force that thing on others, they find it doesn't always work.

One man's meat is another man's poison. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Same thing for religion.

I basically agree with all that you say.

I don't think I can adequately define perfect but I can define imperfect.
You can'
t define imperfection if you can't define perfection or at least certain traits of a perfedt thing, since imperfection is deviation from perfection.

We all agree that man is imperfect. Man's imperfection is exemplified in his attempt to definitively define God.
In the process too many people deny their imperfections and feel their interpretaion is exactly correct. It is my way or the highway.

Not an arrogant and unbending belief

I feel humble as well, and always try to take that approach...

Also, eventually....ALL will be revealed to us, as it states in the book of Revelation...it is the "Revealing" period....

☭proletarian☭;1843387 said:
Define:perfect
Without flaw or failing. At least that's my definition.

We must also remember, our imperfection and failing does not mean that God has the same. But He, through Jesus' sacrifice, forgives us of them, if we will accept Him.

Yes.

Same thing for religion.

Good Lord!!! AGaySailor has just proved the 'infinite monkey theorem'! 7854 posts and he's finally produced something that actually makes a valid point.

Congratualtions Gay!

Spot on. +rep.

Yes.

Same thing for religion.

Good Lord!!! AGaySailor has just proved the 'infinite monkey theorem'! 7854 posts and he's finally produced something that actually makes a valid point.

Congratualtions Gay!

You know.........for someone who claims to be totally unconcerned about me, you sure seem to spend an awful lot of time reading my posts and counting them.

But remember ya Californication Twat...........I wouldn't fuck you even if the entire planet depended on it.

I'd rather beat off with broken glass, rusty nails with rubbing alcohol for lube before I'd even CONSIDER getting betwixt your nasty legs.

Fuck off ****.

☭proletarian☭;1843387 said:
Define:perfect
Without flaw or failing. At least that's my definition.

We must also remember, our imperfection and failing does not mean that God has the same. But He, through Jesus' sacrifice, forgives us of them, if we will accept Him.

Define:flaw. What traits define a deity?

We can speak of flawed or flawless diamonds because we can point to imperfections in the formation of the structure. Unless their are many gods and there are measurable traits which define divinity as we can define a diamond or sapphire, then speak of 'perfect' or 'flawless' deity is meaningless. What traits define a god and how can a god possess flaws in its makeup?

You don't "interpret". You just make it up.

Yes.

Same thing for religion.

Congratualtions Gay!

You know.........for someone who claims to be totally unconcerned about me, you sure seem to spend an awful lot of time reading my posts and counting them.

But remember ya Californication Twat...........I wouldn't fuck you even if the entire planet depended on it.

I'd rather beat off with broken glass, rusty nails with rubbing alcohol for lube before I'd even CONSIDER getting betwixt your nasty legs.

Fuck off ****.

You've gone and ruined it now. I thought maybe someone had got you a brain for Christmas. Turns out I was wrong..... your post count is in your info block, dickhead. And at no point, in any post that I have ever made, or any PM, or any rep comment, have I ever indicated that I would want to be fucked by you. If the choice was you or death, I'd pick death. However, if you want to beat off with broken glass etc, have at it. I would have no problem with that.

Idiot.

Forum List

Back