How can an atheist have morals?

How do Athiests have morals?

Take responsbility for your own actions rather than have some imaginary daddy threaten you if you're bad.

Most atheists I have talked to in this day and age more or less have a strictly materialist view of the world, and typically say that man is no different than an animal.

This makes me wonder how atheists can logically justify having morals; for example if rape, torture, or murder aided one's own survival or the survival of one's group why should they be off the table?

They will try to tell you that morals just "evolve", ignoring the fact that here in the 21st century they have 2000 years of western civilization behind them shaped by Judeo-Christian philosophy. Evolution my ass.

Judeo-Christian "morals" allowed slavery

Thank GOD for an evolution of morals

Bullshit. Judo Christian morals ended slavery. Ever hear of William Wilberforce?

The Bible was read to slaves and used as justification of why they had to serve their masters
Lots of religious people have no morals

The meanest most miserable people I have ever met were religious

That's funny, the most miserable people I have met were on message boards.

Most atheists I have talked to in this day and age more or less have a strictly materialist view of the world, and typically say that man is no different than an animal.

This makes me wonder how atheists can logically justify having morals; for example if rape, torture, or murder aided one's own survival or the survival of one's group why should they be off the table?

They will try to tell you that morals just "evolve", ignoring the fact that here in the 21st century they have 2000 years of western civilization behind them shaped by Judeo-Christian philosophy. Evolution my ass.

Bullshit. Judo Christian morals ended slavery. Ever hear of William Wilberforce?

The Bible was read to slaves and used as justification of why they had to serve their masters

Serving your masters in peace kept you from getting killed, edgit...

Bullshit. Judeo Christian morals ended slavery. Ever hear of William Wilberforce?

You also had Christian moralizers pointing out how it was their God-given duty to enslave lesser races for their own good and that thinks like spreading Christianity at the point of a sword in the Americas was doing God's work.

Who?

I told a Christian my mom and aunt just passed within a month of each other and she said, "well at least they're in heaven together now".

I didn't have the heart to tell her the truth. I just agreed and said thanks. I guess I have morals or I would have told her that's just wishful thinking to make us feel better

Forum List

Back