How can an atheist have morals?

[Q

Whaaaat? Lol. This is crazy talk. Of course every group has their extremists. EVERY group.

You ducked the question; how is a plastic Jesus in a manger any more dangerous than My Little Pony?

So why does the Taliban need men with guns to prohibit the first?

I never said it was. I have no idea what you are going on about. Lol.

The Taliban??? They are very religious people.

I know plenty of atheists. None of them have ever burned a cross. Lol.

Choosing their own paths and choosing what is right for them.

Now you are accusing me of hating Christians and wanting to kill them too? Good Lord. Seek help!

The burning cross is a joke, I figured you sharper than this.

When you say 'choice" it is a dishonest euphemism for abortion. Your hatred of Christians is driven by a fear that they might constrain you from killing the unborn, correct? And NOTHING is more important than killing babies, Amirite?

Well, I'm not against people wearing their crucifixes and other religious symbols. I think that's taking things a bit too far.

No, atheism is not a manifestation of hatred. Lol. They are people who do not believe in gods. That is all. It is much different than the KKK. I suppose you all feel victimized when you are confronted by others about your beliefs.

If Atheism is anything other than hate, why did the democratic party create the Westburo Baptist Church to slander and libel Christians?

Is that any different than "Birth of the Nation" portrayals of blacks? A fraudulent group founded by ACLU lawyer Fred Phelps? (Democrat candidate for Congress twice, democrat candidate for Governor.)

You're giong to tell me that's not pure hate? That Nazi level shit, and the left does it all the time - Archie Bunker, Colbert, et al.

People who don't believe, simply don't believe. We call them agnostics. Those who make a mission in their life to crush Christianity are called "Atheists," and are driven by hatred.

Tell me the truth, how is a plastic Jesus in a manger any more dangerous than "My Little Pony?" Yet the Taliban (Atheists) uses the implied violence of the state to outlaw the display of the first. That's not hate? Really? The Taliban has used the courts to establish a religion the prohibits the exercise of competing religions. That's not hate?

Ah there it is. You always look for the tell when it's time to say "yeah, ok then good luck with that" and then move on.

The Westboro BAPTIST CHURCH was 'created by the democratic party'. Not by fanatical Christians, not by the devil, not by Allah or Vishnu. No it was a political party.

Now you are accusing me of hating Christians and wanting to kill them too? Good Lord. Seek help!

When you say 'choice" it is a dishonest euphemism for abortion. Your hatred of Christians is driven by a fear that they might constrain you from killing the unborn, correct? And NOTHING is more important than killing babies, Amirite?

Are you being serious now? Holy shiite. Unbelievable. Lol.

I believe that women have the right to choose whether or not they are pregnant. Pregnancy comes with risks. Also, obviously some people should never be parents.

[

Ah there it is. You always look for the tell when it's time to say "yeah, ok then good luck with that" and then move on.

The Westboro BAPTIST CHURCH was 'created by the democratic party'. Not by fanatical Christians, not by the devil, not by Allah or Vishnu. No it was a political party.

Correct, shitferbrains. It was created by life long Atheist and ACLU lawyer Fred Phelps. It had a membership of 7 people. It was ALWAYS a fraud to defame Christians and was never anything else.

And son, that is some Nazi level shit. You fuckers do this all the time - ahem the Colbert report..

[

Correct, shitferbrains. It was created by life long Atheist and ACLU lawyer Fred Phelps. It had a membership of 7 people. It was ALWAYS a fraud to defame Christians and was never anything else.

And son, that is some Nazi level shit. You fuckers do this all the time - ahem the Colbert report..

He was a baptist minister. Lol.

[

Doesn't sound like an atheist to me! Lol.

Phelps was a member of the Boy Scouts of America, receiving the Eagle Scout Award.[12] In May 1946, at the age of 16, Phelps graduated from high school and was admitted to United States Military Academy in West Point, New York.[10] Phelps however claims that after attending a Methodist revival meeting decided to become a minister and chose not to attend West Point.[10] Phelps attended Bob Jones University, for two years (1946-1948) before dropping out. He cited racial issues as the reason for his departure; in 1994 former college employees told the Topeka Capital Journal that Phelps left after being given an ultimatum that he either seek psychiatric counselling or be expelled.[13] He then attended the Prairie Bible Institute for the remaining two semesters of his freshman year.[13] In 1951, he earned a two-year degree from John Muir College. While at John Muir, Phelps was profiled in Time magazine for preaching against "sins committed on campus by students and teachers ... promiscuous petting ... evil language ... profanity ... cheating ... teachers' filthy jokes in classrooms ... [and] pandering to the lusts of the flesh".[14] In October 1951, while attending the Arizona Bible Institute, Phelps met Margie M. Simms and married her in May 1952.

In 1954, the East Side Baptist Church in Topeka hired Phelps as an associate pastor, and then promoted him to be the pastor of their new church, Westboro Baptist, which opened in 1955.[15] Soon after Westboro was established, Phelps broke all ties with East Side Baptist.

Most atheists I have talked to in this day and age more or less have a strictly materialist view of the world, and typically say that man is no different than an animal.

This makes me wonder how atheists can logically justify having morals; for example if rape, torture, or murder aided one's own survival or the survival of one's group why should they be off the table?
To me, if you have to get your morals out of a book because otherwise you would rape, murder and steal, then I hope you never stop believing.

Forum List

Back