how can america claim to be fair and just when rich ppl get immensly better lawyers?

giving everyone equal justice when crimes are commited or not is communism?

One Question:

When some Punk beats an Old Lady half to death to take her Pocket Book with $20.00 in it and the Lady is left Crippled and in Pain for the rest of her life, then the Punk gets off with 30 days in Jail, where the Hell is Equal Justice then?

So until you have a rational answer on Victims Rights, then maybe some of us might want to hear your whinny criminals deserve the best lawyers BS

Your example is fiction and has never happened.

So work harder, get a better education, a better paying job, and pay for a better lawyer.
What's holding you back?

is this thread about me? whats holding you back from making substantive posts instead of fallacy?
The "you" was figurative, Goober.

I have a better idea, though.

How about "they" not break the law in the first place.
There. No lawyer required.

Do you ever stop whining about how someone somewhere might be better off than you?

if you actually read, he's not doing that at all. he's concerned about people who have LESS than him.

surely you can see the distinction if you actually rub two brain cells together. that said, don't be ridiculous in not understanding that poor people get short shrift when it comes to the legal system.

You are entitled to be represented by a lawyer not necessarily the best lawyer.

shouldn't all people get a level playing field when in court? how can you claim the justice system is even worth upholding when rich people get better lawyers with connections to judges and DAs and then get let free or minimal punishment, while a poor person doing the same thing would spend years or their entire life in jail?

considering everything else is in the justice process is run by the government, except for jails which just hold already processed people, why can't trial lawyers work for hte government and each person be assigned a lawyer from a random pool?

ROFLMNAO... Sweet MOTHER!

Now the REALLY bad news here is that this idiot VOTES!

Yet another over-reach of the concept: FAIR! Which of course results in the punishing of success, usurping of rights and the hamstringing of FREEDOM!

The cry to replace an imperfect system, with HIDEOUS IMPERFECTION...

Do you ever stop whining about how someone somewhere might be better off than you?

if you actually read, he's not doing that at all. he's concerned about people who have LESS than him.

surely you can see the distinction if you actually rub two brain cells together. that said, don't be ridiculous in not understanding that poor people get short shrift when it comes to the legal system.

It's pretty common for those who preach about a Utopian Redistribution System to be driven by envy regarding those who either have or have accomplished more than they have.

He doesn't have more - his father does. And he brags about his dad bailing him out if he needs it. That's quite a different scenario from a lawyer who has a successful practice.

shouldn't all people get a level playing field when in court? how can you claim the justice system is even worth upholding when rich people get better lawyers with connections to judges and DAs and then get let free or minimal punishment, while a poor person doing the same thing would spend years or their entire life in jail?

considering everything else is in the justice process is run by the government, except for jails which just hold already processed people, why can't trial lawyers work for hte government and each person be assigned a lawyer from a random pool?

ROFLMNAO... Sweet MOTHER!

Now the REALLY bad news here is that this idiot VOTES!

Yet another over-reach of the concept: FAIR! Which of course results in the punishing of success, usurping of rights and the hamstringing of FREEDOM!

The cry to replace an imperfect system, with HIDEOUS IMPERFECTION...

posts like this is why you are the laughing stock of the board

It's pretty common for those who preach about a Utopian Redistribution System to be driven by envy regarding those who either have or have accomplished more than they have.

He doesn't have more - his father does. And he brags about his dad bailing him out if he needs it. That's quite a different scenario from a lawyer who has a successful practice.

i'm not sure what you're referring to.

Is everyone entitled to the best doctor?

Is everyone entitled to the best accountant?

Is everyone entitled to the best financial advisor?

Is everyone entitled tot he best dentist?

There are few "best" anything, how do you propose the best be distributed?

I would like to point out that the only way to ensure that everyone gets exactly the same level of legal representation is for everyone to get exactly the same lawyer. One of the problems with social justice concept is it does not recognize its own limitations, and "fair" is not a concept that actually works in the real world. Try it sometime, even God does not promise fair.

Using that logic, we should legalize murder since reality dictates that we can never fully stop it.

Just becuase we can't achieve a utopian ideal does not mean that we should not correct injustices in society.

I have no problem with working on injustice, but you have to understand there is a significant difference between justice and fairness.

this topic is about the justice system, all of which is run by the government except the defense lawyers. please go deflect in another thread if you want to discuss something else.

So what you are suggesting is that the one aspect of the justice system in which the individual has some choice should also be taken over by the government?

Everyone is entitled to equality of Justice.

So what you are suggesting is that the one aspect of the justice system in which the individual has some choice should also be taken over by the government?

Justice should not be a product of choice.

So what is your solution? For all defense lawyers to work for the government and be assigned by random pool? There would still be differences in quality of representation because there is no way to guarantee that each of of them think the same way and have the same level of competency.

that's the whole trouble with libturds, they think they should be born into the world and automatically be given what others have worked hard for.

Hey! Ma. She's touching me.. That's not fair. Hey ma... he's looking at me. That's not fair.. Hey ma.. he got more pie than me..that's not fair.. hey ma!

ratty little kids.

Actually, I have enough. I was not 'bragging' about my father bailing me out, I refutiating the assertion by two other posters that I was jelious of wealthy people, that I was un uneducated slothe, or that I was poor...

Your reading comprehension isn't very good.

I'm perfectly fine with it - and am very comfortable with my assessment of your "philosophical bent".

shouldn't all people get a level playing field when in court?
Everyone DOES have a level playing field when coming into court.

how can you claim the justice system is even worth upholding when rich people get better lawyers with connections to judges and DAs and then get let free or minimal punishment,
You forgot dirty politicians. And what makes you think that "rich" people have such connections? The movies? Ill grant you some do like the kenedys but that is not the norm.

while a poor person doing the same thing would spend years or their entire life in jail?
I dont know about that, I see an awful lot of "poor" criminals walking around on the street, laughing at the system because they got off with a public defender.

They are. They are called public defenders. Its all about presenting a better case. It has nothing to do with money. It has everything to do with brains.

Forum List

Back