how can america claim to be fair and just when rich ppl get immensly better lawyers?

Equality under the law isn't dependent upon those things.

What you are asking for is guaranteed equality of circumstances and outcomes. That's not reality.

So work harder, get a better education, a better paying job, and pay for a better lawyer.
What's holding you back?

Equality under the law should not be dependant on either your education or income.

you want equality? let's start with income tax.. you pay the same 35% of whatever you make same as me.. I like that. got a dollar? give me 35 cents. Thanks in Advance.

What you are asking for is guaranteed equality of circumstances and outcomes. That's not reality.

we all know where this is going. it's the same libturd arguments they spew all the time. They want to sit on their fat keisters and collect half of what you labor for and call it "redistribution."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

in defense of publicly appointed counsel, mine have been batting 1.000.

in defense of the judges, a travis county judge just appointed a lawyer on a civil suit with criminal overtones because he could see i was about to get fucked over on a totally bogus case. we won.

over the past five years, public defenders have successfully squashed four bullshit criminal charges and six attempts at psychiatric commitment that were even more fraudulent.

this dissident artist/activist shit ain't what it's all cracked up to be but seeing as how nasa and the navy never needed the people like myself who were going to do the welding and shit on all the modular habitats they were going to churn out but decided to focus on world travel in search of non-white armed insurgents to expend hundreds of thousands of tons of explosive ordnance on, but i digress...to be continued...:eusa_whistle:

Unfortunately, the outcome of any interaction with the legal system is chiefly determined by the amount of money spent on legal represenatation.

It may be that perfect equality is a utopian ideal that can never be reached, but that's no escuse for not correctly the extreme inequality that exists under the present system.

Unfortunately, the outcome of any interaction with the legal system is chiefly determined by the amount of money spent on legal represenatation.

It may be that perfect equality is a utopian ideal that can never be reached, but that's no escuse for not correctly the extreme inequality that exists under the present system.

doh! ray meee. you should start with correcting your spelling. get an education. It's the best chance you have to better yourself in life. This attitude of taking other people's money is just slothfullness on your part. Now, would you like a little smoked gouda with your whine?

Indeed. "Correcting the extreme inequality" always involves spreading around the income/wealth.

I would like to point out that the only way to ensure that everyone gets exactly the same level of legal representation is for everyone to get exactly the same lawyer. One of the problems with social justice concept is it does not recognize its own limitations, and "fair" is not a concept that actually works in the real world. Try it sometime, even God does not promise fair.

we all know where this is going. it's the same libturd arguments they spew all the time. They want to sit on their fat keisters and collect half of what you labor for and call it "redistribution."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no one is talking about redistribution retard

doh! ray meee. you should start with correcting your spelling. get an education. It's the best chance you have to better yourself in life. This attitude of taking other people's money is just slothfullness on your part. Now, would you like a little smoked gouda with your whine?

who is talking about taking other's money? please get off the drugs

Sorry for the misspelling, but my wife was bugging me to come to dinner while I was typing that.

Anyway, you seem to make a lot of faulty assumptions about my education and income.

FYI - I'm just about in the 35% income bracket - I tend to pay more attention to the amount of my tax return then to my income bracket since I alway intentionally overpay my taxes each year.

Furthermore, I'm not for taking other peoples money. I'm for fair wealth distribution, not the seizure of existing wealth.

Question - Do you ever stop whining about taxes?

Do you ever stop whining about how someone somewhere might be better off than you?

I would like to point out that the only way to ensure that everyone gets exactly the same level of legal representation is for everyone to get exactly the same lawyer. One of the problems with social justice concept is it does not recognize its own limitations, and "fair" is not a concept that actually works in the real world. Try it sometime, even God does not promise fair.

Using that logic, we should legalize murder since reality dictates that we can never fully stop it.

Just becuase we can't achieve a utopian ideal does not mean that we should not correct injustices in society.

Holding individuals accountable for their actions which harm others (as is the case with murder) is hardly the equivalent of making everybody's life circumstances exactly the same.

Just sayin'.

Do you ever stop whining about how someone somewhere might be better off than you?

First of all, I really don't consider very many people to be better off than myself. I've very happy with my life and have a good amount of wealth, not that the wealth aspect means much to me personally - just for the security and opportunity that it provides for my kids.

Even if I felt that I wasn't wealthy enough, one call to dear old Dad (a retired Wall St. Exec.) and I can get any amount of money that I want. Not to mention a plethera of home town buddies with unlimited financial resources that would trust me in any business venture.

Yes folks, I am a traitor to my class.

Obviously enjoying an underlying financial security that few people can equal, I chose to pursue a more interesting and challenging life, which is the basis for my liberal views.

Now if you an Willow could stop with the personal attacks and discuss the issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Holding individuals accountable for their actions which harm others (as is the case with murder) is hardly the equivalent of making everybody's life circumstances exactly the same.

Just sayin'.

Allowing the continued extortion of everyone who is unfortunate enough to get drawn into either the civil or criminal justice systems is the equilvalent of condoning theivery. It certainly does extremely harm people and should be considered criminal.

IOW, you're just another spoiled and indulged whinger.

Thanks for clearing that up.

who is talking about taking other's money? please get off the drugs

who is gonna pay for dem expensive high dollar lawyers doyathink? or are they expected to "give you" their services for free?

Well, Doctors are being forced to give their services for free (or at least deeply discounted) by ObamaCare. Why shouldn't lawyers?

Oh wait. I forgot. Trial Lawyers are one of the major Crony groups for the Dems. Their fees are safe from regulation.

Sorry for the misspelling, but my wife was bugging me to come to dinner while I was typing that.

Anyway, you seem to make a lot of faulty assumptions about my education and income.

FYI - I'm just about in the 35% income bracket - I tend to pay more attention to the amount of my tax return then to my income bracket since I alway intentionally overpay my taxes each year.

Furthermore, I'm not for taking other peoples money. I'm for fair wealth distribution, not the seizure of existing wealth.

Question - Do you ever stop whining about taxes?

it sounded very much to me that you were in fact whining about somebody paying the bill so the poor guy could have a rich lawyer.. :lol: there's that thing called piss/rain.

Forum List

Back