How can a natural born citizen's status be "governed" by great britain?

But he was born in Hawaii which means he is 'natural born'.

Edit: Ohhhh, I see what you're saying now. Oops. That does seem to make him ineligible. Damn.... I had always assumed the 'birther' thing was about him being born in Kenya. Hmmm. This appears not to be the case.

Except he's saying he was born in Kenya when it was a British Colony. Obama was not born in Kenya.

What is with this board attracting random birthers who attempt to tell everyone how wrong we are, and then make complete fools of themselves?

I remember laughing when the OP at first denied being a birther. That didn't last long.

AQnd yet we know that's a lie, too, since if you are serving overseas, your children aren't divested of their citizenship.

Difference between being a citizen and being a "natural born" citizen.

Being born overseas I can never run for president, nor can my brother, which made it very interesting when McCain did it. If the reps had gotten a decent candidate that actually qualified, they might have demanded Obama actually prove he was a native born citizen and we wouldn't have this problem now.

The dems and the reps, the two most corrupt parties in the history of our nation.

you're confusing natural born with naturalized.

mccain was and is a natural born citizen.

if you were born overseas to someone in the military who was stationed where you were born, you are a citizen.

i don't know what else the circumstances of your birth were.

and obama DID prove he's a citizen.

the birthers are like the everready bunny... they keep going..and going.. and going.. and going...

oh...and mccain would have one, imo, had the economy not tanked and had he not picked palin as his VP.
Explain this Jillian. On April 10, 2008, Sens. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and Claire McCaskill (D-MO) introduced a resolution expressing the sense of the U.S. Senate that presidential candidate Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was a 'natural born Citizen,' as specified in the Constitution and eligible to run for president. Sen. McCaskill knew Obama was not a U.S. Citizen, that’s why she introduced this bill -- dressing it up to look like it was in Sen. John McCain's cause.

It was during the bill's hearing that Sen. Patrick Leahy, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, made the following statement:

"Because he was born to American citizens, there is no doubt in my mind that Senator McCain is a natural born citizen," said Leahy. "I expect that this will be a unanimous resolution of the Senate."

At a Judiciary Committee hearing on April 3, Leahy asked Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, himself a former Federal judge, if he had doubts that McCain was eligible to serve as President.

"My assumption and my understanding is that if you are born of American parents, you are naturally a natural-born American citizen," Chertoff replied.

"That is mine, too," said Leahy.

What's interesting here is that Sen. Leahy, the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary, confirms that a "natural born" citizen is the child of American citizen parents.

Parents -- that's two. That's BOTH parents.

Every time the words, "citizen" and "parent," are used by Sen. Leahy and Sec. Chertoff, the plural case, "citizens" and "parents," is used. The plural case is the operative case.

It is Sen. Leahy's opinion -- his own recorded words, in a formal Senate Resolution and on his U. S. Senate website -- that Barack Obama is not a "natural born" citizen, and therefore not eligible to serve as Commander-in-Chief, regardless of his birthplace.

Obama had one American parent --singular -- his mother. His father was a citizen of Kenya, and a subject of Great Britain.

Obama, himself, "at birth," was a citizen of Kenya, and a subject of Great Britain -- he says so on his own campaign website. This fact introduces the concept of "divided loyalties," -- the reason the founders created the eligibility requirement in the first place -- a fact that further underlines Obama's ineligibility.

The source of this information is Sen. Leahy's own website.
Senators: McCain Is A 'Natural Born Citizen'

The webpage contains a statement about the resolution; the resolution, itself; the Statement Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.); and an excerpt of Sec. Chertoff's testimony.

The plural word "parents" is used four times. When used to identify the parents, the word "citizens" is used five times. That's nine times that Sen. Leahy, on his own website describes the eligibility requirement. There is NO PLACE in any of these four documents where the singular case of "parent" or "citizen" is used.

The real purpose of this bill was to change article II, section 1, clause 5 of the Constitution of the United States with reference to the requirements of being a "natural born citizen" by the Democratic Party leadership -- paving the way for an Obama run.

Both Leahy and Chertoff avoid addressing the "in the US mainland" (jus solis) element of the eligibility requirement and focus solely on parentage (Jus sanguinis) in making their arguments and by doing so bring focus to the fundamental reason Obama is not qualified. He had one American parent and one foreign parent. Barack Obama is not a natural born citizen -- no matter where he was born.

Obama is a co-signer of this resolution. So, I guess he too agrees that one needs two American parents to be eligible for POTUS -- except he doesn't care -- after all, he's the Obamamessiah. Rules don't apply to him.

Also do you know that you could be born anywhere in the world when Obama was born in 1961 and Hawaii would issue a birth certificate to the infant?

i can't explain why they did that. i thought it overkill then and i thought it a PR thing to avoid the type of thing that Sheila is arguing.

Do you think the children of military personnel are divested of their citizenship because their parents are on active duty?

I don't.

All I know is that Mr Obama could put this question to rest if he had the desire to do so. Why he hasn't I haven't a clue. I suppose he figures that we aren't smart enough to know that his parents were not legally married and he was therefore a bastard. Like anyone today gives a shit.

1. he already has.
2. maybe he knows (rightfully) that no matter what he puts out there, the birthers will still keep going...and going..and going..
and lying and lying and lying.

like the pretend birth certificate that insane twit who's filing all the law suits put out.

All I know is that Mr Obama could put this question to rest if he had the desire to do so. Why he hasn't I haven't a clue. I suppose he figures that we aren't smart enough to know that his parents were not legally married and he was therefore a bastard. Like anyone today gives a shit.

Yeah Ollie, on the surface of things no it doesn't matter one iota. Nobody cares in this day and age. Its a non-story; right?

Right up until you can make some hay with it and then it becomes something. Some people put 20,000,000 illegal immigrants (mostly from Mexico and Central America) living here right? Obviously that 20M has found jobs. And today, nobody cares that Del Monte is hiring thousands of them to pick grapefruit or the Port of Los Angeles has thousands of them unloading ships. But let a political figure hire just one to clean their house or mow their grass and its a story.

I think you could look at my posting history here and on other boards and see that I'm no big supporter of his policies but I actually admire him for not feeding the wolves.

Yeah Ollie, on the surface of things no it doesn't matter one iota. Nobody cares in this day and age. Its a non-story; right?

Right up until you can make some hay with it and then it becomes something. Some people put 20,000,000 illegal immigrants (mostly from Mexico and Central America) living here right? Obviously that 20M has found jobs. And today, nobody cares that Del Monte is hiring thousands of them to pick grapefruit or the Port of Los Angeles has thousands of them unloading ships. But let a political figure hire just one to clean their house or mow their grass and its a story.

I think you could look at my posting history here and on other boards and see that I'm no big supporter of his policies but I actually admire him for not feeding the wolves.

And I think anyone can see that I am dead set against illegals in any way shape or form. But Obama could shut up all this Birther talk simply by releasing the long form of his birth certificate. It doesn't make sense to me that he hasn't done it. There has to be a reason and it has to make you wonder what that reason truly is. I think it's simply because he is born out of wedlock. No big deal, except he has made it a mystery.

And I think anyone can see that I am dead set against illegals in any way shape or form. But Obama could shut up all this Birther talk simply by releasing the long form of his birth certificate. It doesn't make sense to me that he hasn't done it. There has to be a reason and it has to make you wonder what that reason truly is. I think it's simply because he is born out of wedlock. No big deal, except he has made it a mystery.

Will the birthers go away if he releases the long form?

or will they just move the goal posts?

Haven't a clue, I know it would be enough to answer my question.

Fair enough. But you are to the left of most birthers, I submit.

The State of Hawaii is satisfied with his paperwork....so am I

Forum List

Back