How can a baseball fan getexcited over one game

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who get wrapped up in the utter meaninglessness of professional sports generally have nothing else in their lives so leave them alone.

Yeah unlike people who have 8,000 posts on a single message board....

Can we lay off the personal attacks?

In over 3 years and if pro rated, you're not too far behind me. And who did i attack personally?

Are you crying in your beer over a recent game lost by a bunch of overpaid morons who chase a ball for a living?

Why is chasing a ball for a living any less significant than any other job?

Most of these guys bust their ASSES all year long, even during their offseason, to be in the kind of shape required to sustain a career in the big leagues.

You're a gym rat from what I've gathered, you know how hard that kind of regiment is. Imagine someone maintaining a regiment about 5 times as demanding as yours.

The only thing you can really make a case against is how MUCH they get paid. They get paid that much because people enjoy going and watching them play.

I enjoy going to a restaurant to eat a nice meal, or a bar to have some drinks, and that's making someone else a lot of money. Should I have disdain for the owner of the establishment I patronize because he's "just making a stupid meal" or "just pouring a stupid drink"?

In over 3 years and if pro rated, you're not too far behind me. And who did i attack personally?

Are you crying in your beer over a recent game lost by a bunch of overpaid morons who chase a ball for a living?

You're right. So many advances have come from chasing a ball

Most of these guys bust their ASSES all year long, even during their offseason, to be in the kind of shape required to sustain a career in the big leagues.

A lot of people bust their asses at a job that actually matters and never get paid a fraction of what athletes do.

You're a gym rat from what I've gathered, you know how hard that kind of regiment is. Imagine someone maintaining a regiment about 5 times as demanding as yours.

I haven't been to a gym in years but I am into fitness. And have you seen some of those so called athletes? Some of those guys have guts the size of a small country.
The only thing you can really make a case against is how MUCH they get paid. They get paid that much because people enjoy going and watching them play.

exactly,people will waste money on meaningless shit l

I enjoy going to a restaurant to eat a nice meal, or a bar to have some drinks, and that's making someone else a lot of money. Should I have disdain for the owner of the establishment I patronize because he's "just making a stupid meal" or "just pouring a stupid drink"?

who was the last restaurant owner you knew who made millions of dollars even if the food sucked? Some ball player can bat .200 and still get paid. If the restaurant owner served shitty food, he'd be going hungry

People who get wrapped up in the utter meaninglessness of professional sports generally have nothing else in their lives so leave them alone.

I think that's a pretty cynical broadbrush. :doubt:

What about those who get emotionally involved in a weekly TV drama, do they usually have nothing else in their life? That would be a lot of lifeless cretins.

Finally, someone gets it.

I disagree with your take on humanity. But that was funny.

thats an impossible task for him to accomplish.what sucks is now the troll has craweled out of the conspiracy section and brought his trolling ways over here as well now.

You're right. So many advances have come from chasing a ball

A lot of people bust their asses at a job that actually matters and never get paid a fraction of what athletes do.

I haven't been to a gym in years but I am into fitness. And have you seen some of those so called athletes? Some of those guys have guts the size of a small country.

exactly,people will waste money on meaningless shit l

who was the last restaurant owner you knew who made millions of dollars even if the food sucked? Some ball player can bat .200 and still get paid. If the restaurant owner served shitty food, he'd be going hungry

Some good points, some bad ones.

As far as advances, I don't see why the only job worth good money is one that makes advances. If your job happens to make a lot of people happy and entertain them in an otherwise fucked up world, so be it.

As far as other jobs that people bust their asses at and don't make the kind of money pro athletes do, not only do those jobs potentially not have billions of dollars in revenue to the source, but they also don't typically have that low of an amount of employees to pay.

Not to mention, it's what the market bears at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back