How Bush would have taken care of the oil spill

The two wars cost 3 trillion. Bush gave the rich a 2.5 trillion tax cut. One could have paid for the other. Instead, that's a 5.5 trillion dollar spread. Then there is the Republican drug bill for minimum, another half trillion. Why do you guys blame Obama when he is trying to stop Republican's disaster? What is wrong with you people?

We've spent so much money on bailout and we're still not out of recession. Obama inherited very decent position. He doesn't have to solve Iraq, he can raise taxes after the recession. Besides, Bush IS past. Dems are in power. So it's your turn. We don't have to do anything, if we please.

I think what this question implies is that Bush would not have done any better. Bush haters yet and still.

I'm disappointed we haven't moved on. It's still about Bush ... even 2 years later ...

I don't understand how a terrible disaster, such as Bush, could happen, and Republicans, so easily say, "Let's just move along. It's over. It's a thing of the past. Ho hum, getting sleepy. Tired of talking about it. Ignore it. Make it go away.".

Thousands of Americans are dead. Tens of thousands crippled for life. Our economy in shambles. And Republicans say, "Let's look away. Forget about it?" How can that be?

At the very least, Republicans should be saying, "What went wrong?" "What was it that didn't work?" It's outrageous.

You, dems, already said what went wrong. So we don't need to "return to past" ... :cool:

Considering Bush's record on Katrina clean-up, Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, the Justice System, the EAP and foreign affairs, how would Bush and the Republicans have handled the oil spill crisis?

Bush's response would have been predictably abysmal - terrible or nonexistent.

Which is why "No worse than Bush" is no reasonable standard for judging the federal response under Obama.

It's a shame this disaster has been so politicized, but the fact that the last Administration sucked is no excuse for this one to suck too.

Unlike the Bush apologists and "Look forward, not backward!"ers in this thread, I'm not excusing Bush in the slightest or blaming Obama for Bush's fuck ups. But unlike Iraq, Afghanistan, or the economy, this isn't an inherited crisis. Obama owns the response on this however it turns out and if he screws the pooch, arguing Katrina was worse will be like comparing vomit to shit and saying it smells rosy.

Last edited:
I know exactly how Bush would've handled the BP oil spill. I was on duty in N.O. for 2 weeks with other Illinois and NY firefighters. First of all he has a good Governor in Bobby Jindal that would not have blocked the federal government from doing anything like the last Governor did. Whatever Jindal asked for Bush would've turned to his people and told them to make it happen. He would have suspended the Jones Act to let more resources in from other countries. He also knows the oil industry and it's relationship with the environment and the people. He wouldn't have suspended drilling but he would have started an investigation into what happened so that it wouldn't happen again. Not to be adversarial. I think you would've seen twice the effort by federal resources. You can't say you've been in charge from day 1 when you haven't nor keep BP doing everything so you can keep the focus on them rather than your administration and it's (non) response. It was politics with the Democratic Governor and it's politics now with a Democratic President. It's their nature.

Last edited:
Bush would have asked Dick Cheney what to do...

Cheney would have consulted his oil buddies and recommended that they blame the coastal communities for complaining about all that free oil they were getting

Considering Bush's record on Katrina clean-up, Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, the Justice System, the EAP and foreign affairs, how would Bush and the Republicans have handled the oil spill crisis?

Lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

now you are bashing hypothetical bush?

Thank you for the greatest laugh of the day. Truly.

Last edited:
Since Obama is doing such a piss poor job of organizing any kind of a plan concerning the oil spill, the liberals seem to feel the need to play the Bush blame game. :eusa_whistle:

How Bush would have taken care of the oil spill

We would have invaded the country of "British".

Made warm beer illegal!

Called anyone in possession of fish and chips a terrorist!!!

Last edited:

now you are bashing hypothetical bush?

Thank you for the greatest laugh of the day. Truly.

RDean still needs a rabies shot.

Well, since this is strictly an exercise in speculation, my guess would be that he would have met with BP officials, especially Tony Hayward, before the first week was up. And, no matter how challenging the task, might have also increased the resources to the area sooner.

No matter what response is given here, it would not suffice. Since we're asking insanely stupid questions that have no correct answer, what should BO have done different that would have made everyone happy?

What ever Bush would have done would have been a disaster.

spoken like a true mindless loon

Why? Bush had a "perfect" record. He was like Midas, only everything HE touched turned to shit.

Right wingnuts can't name anything good that he did. They can't point to a single success, but they "liked" him. He was "like them". So, does that mean they are ALL failures? Hmmm.

What ever Bush would have done would have been a disaster.

spoken like a true mindless loon

Why? Bush had a "perfect" record. He was like Midas, only everything HE touched turned to shit.

Right wingnuts can't name anything good that he did. They can't point to a single success, but they "liked" him. He was "like them". So, does that mean they are ALL failures? Hmmm.

Come on rdean, there were plenty of things that he did that were good. You may not have agreed. So therefor, they don't count in your book. It's the same with Obama. All the things you think he's done that are good, are not good to others. This is just a foolish game of cat and mouse.

Why would you change direction now and give him credit for ANYTHING?

Which I guess explains why you would support that asinine statement that whatever he did would be a disaster.

So let's focus on who you DO give credit to...what could Obama have done to avoid this outcry of mismanagement?

Forum List

Back