How bout them KANSAS CITY CHIEFS baby!?!

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
5-0 and looking like a true contender this year! Leading in the vast majority of tracked stats from individual player accomplishments to team stats.

While it is a shame that the NFL is bogged down by asinine politics and some players & fans that are hell bent on destruction I AM NOT. For me this has been a family & friend tradition going back near a decade or more now. Sunday's are a great gathering time be it on the deck, at the game or at a local sports bar. I will not change my life to suit that of a spoiled player or pissed off conservative.
Sunday's are my time. That day does not belong to a political dogma or a social agenda. It belongs to me. If you want to be an ass or a counter ass, that is your choice on your time. Not mine.

GO CHIEFS!

Alex Smith is playing like a crazy person right now. If this play stays consistent, he will be an MVP contender for sure. My Steelers are coming to Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday. Hopefully Ben doesn't throw a thousand INTs this week. lol

• Banned
Alex Smith is playing like a crazy person right now. If this play stays consistent, he will be an MVP contender for sure. My Steelers are coming to Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday. Hopefully Ben doesn't throw a thousand INTs this week. lol
borg-resistance-is-futile.jpg

View attachment 153468

Steelers have a habit of bouncing back from a loss, though. I would love to win big on the road. Let's Go Steelers!

• Banned
View attachment 153468

Steelers have a habit of bouncing back from a loss, though. I would love to win big on the road. Let's Go Steelers!
My only concern through week 10 is Denver. I can see an 8-1 record by the time we get our bye

View attachment 153468

My only concern through week 10 is Denver. I can see an 8-1 record by the time we get our bye

The Chiefs should be concerned about how close these wins are. A bad bounce here or there and they might lose some games instead of winning them.

That said, yes, the Chiefs are playing good football. Kareem Hunt has been a monster, definitely OROY right now.

My Steelers are coming to Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday. Hopefully Ben doesn't throw a thousand INTs this week. lol
Will it be Good Ben or Evil Ben? That seems to be the question posed to the Steelers each week this year so far.

The Chiefs should be concerned about how close these wins are. A bad bounce here or there and they might lose some games instead of winning them.
True story. The offense looked good last night, but they should have done much more against the Texans, especially after they lost Mercilius and Watt.

View attachment 153468

That said, yes, the Chiefs are playing good football. Kareem Hunt has been a monster, definitely OROY right now.
Except the games really haven't been that close overall. We get a big lead and run the ball to eat the clock then play prevent defense which allows big plays. Yesterday's game for instance, the score looks close but the game was never in jeopardy after the first quarter.
Does it look sloppy? Yeah but it shelters a lot of the players from injury.

Except the games really haven't been that close overall. We get a big lead and run the ball to eat the clock then play prevent defense which allows big plays. Yesterday's game for instance, the score looks close but the game was never in jeopardy after the first quarter.
I get the injury angle, but I hate the bunker-down mindset. Shit happens too fast in the NFL for that IMO.

View attachment 153468

Perhaps, but that's not the case against the Redskins, Eagles, or even the Pats.

I'm not trying to knock the Chiefs, I'm just saying that they haven't been dominant. The wrong injury, or a bit of bad luck, and some games might go the other way. They are a good team on a roll, but much as you must be enjoying it, the question is if they can get on a roll at the end of the season, rather than the beginning. :)

I get what you guys are saying but after watching Smith since he joined I am STUNNED at his abilities this year and as long as they put up W's I'm on board.
For YEARS I've bitched about him being a bad qb. Every one always pointed to his stats which "looked" good but that's because he never took risks or went for the explosive plays. His pass rating means shit when we don't get the win. This year his job was on the line and it brought him out of his shell.
We're like 27-4 in the last regular season games we've played. We have what it takes we just lacked a leader on the field. Now we have 2 of them.

I get what you guys are saying but after watching Smith since he joined I am STUNNED at his abilities this year and as long as they put up W's I'm on board.
For YEARS I've bitched about him being a bad qb. Every one always pointed to his stats which "looked" good but that's because he never took risks or went for the explosive plays. His pass rating means shit when we don't get the win. This year his job was on the line and it brought him out of his shell.
We're like 27-4 in the last regular season games we've played. We have what it takes we just lacked a leader on the field. Now we have 2 of them.
That's what kills me about national media coming down on Chiefs fans who couldn't stand Smith up to now. Well yeah, nobody liked him because he wasn't playing out of his mind like he is now.

That's what kills me about national media coming down on Chiefs fans who couldn't stand Smith up to now. Well yeah, nobody liked him because he wasn't playing out of his mind like he is now.
I would argue that he played terrible. Anyone can throw a 6 yard shovel pass and have a high rating when that's the depth of their play.
I hated Smith based on the skills displayed. Sure it's great to have a qb that never makes mistakes but that means what when we never get anywhere...
The biggest problem the chiefs have always had is being a farm for the other teams. We'd groom some amazing players and then *poof* they're gone.
Right now we have a VERY talented kid as a back up qb. My vision, based on our track record, is Smith will get hurt and he'll have to come on. As soon as his explosive talent is shown to the league in a few games we'll sell him off.
THAT is our history. Hoping it's different now.

I only watched the last quarter but where in the hell did that punt returner come from. I didn't know a man could run that fast. Deshawn Watson looks great, but he was no match for the KC offense. They look like the real deal to me.

On a different note, I am getting concerned about the injuries especially to star players. Fsu alum dalvin cook had a rookie of the year season going, and he is gone for the season. JJ Watt, giants lost a lot of receivers, and on and on. I want to watch these tremendously gifted players. I see a lot of tacklers sticking their arm between the ankles. Wrapping the other arm around the legs and then twisting the whole shebang abruptly as they hit the ground and rolling with it. I do not know the answer but maybe they need to make some rules about ankle targeting. I am not talking about roll tackling or shoelace tackling. I just want to see the great talent be able to stay on the field.

I only watched the last quarter but where in the hell did that punt returner come from. I didn't know a man could run that fast. Deshawn Watson looks great, but he was no match for the KC offense. They look like the real deal to me.

On a different note, I am getting concerned about the injuries especially to star players. Fsu alum dalvin cook had a rookie of the year season going, and he is gone for the season. JJ Watt, giants lost a lot of receivers, and on and on. I want to watch these tremendously gifted players. I see a lot of tacklers sticking their arm between the ankles. Wrapping the other arm around the legs and then twisting the whole shebang abruptly as they hit the ground and rolling with it. I do not know the answer but maybe they need to make some rules about ankle targeting. I am not talking about roll tackling or shoelace tackling. I just want to see the great talent be able to stay on the field.

I think Kareem Hunt was ahead of Cook for RoY, but I agree with your sentiment. In some ways, by trying to cut down on dangerous hits, the NFL may have just opened up hits that are dangerous to different parts of the body. That may be better for the players in the end, though, as a busted ankle or knee, while crappy, is less debilitating than getting CTE and becoming depressed and suicidal. :dunno:

I hate it that I am rooting on the Clowns but they are pretty much the only team in the AFC that has a shot at keeping the cheatriots who have ruined and tainted a great sport,from making it back to the superbowl.If they can get home field advantage and stay healthy going into the AFC title game with them,I think they can make it back to their first superbowl in like since 1969? without the home town refs in their pockets,the cheats can never win in the playoffs on the road.lol. superbowls dont count since it is a neautral field.

Forum List

Back