How Bout That "Conservative" John Roberts?...

How are any of us supposed to trust any conservatives if those who claim to be conservatives never act as conservatives when they vitally need to?

Its not a matter of "ACTING" anything. Its a matter of following the law. I fail to see where he went astray.

Dont get me wrong I hate the decision but if we expect the left to follow the law then so must we.

Where did he not follow the law? Please explain

I'm tired of this partisanship.

Democrats cannot now fall in love with Roberts

Republicans should not throw him off the bus.

I applaud Roberts for finally leaving partisanship out of it and voting with his brain. Maybe if the Republicans focused on offering an alternative instead of being obstructionist, they would not have to depend so heavily on the Supreme Court overturning the law.

Make no mistake, I still hate his guts for the citizen's united thing, he left no back door for congress to gut that one, but for today anyway he's not all bad.

Wingnuts FINALLY blame George W. Bush for something! :lol:

We've been blaming Bush for tons of stuff he is responsible for. The fact that you can't deal with reality and had to create some sort of fantasy world where we worship at his feet, so you can justify your blind obedience to your masters. Admit the truth to yourself one of these days. You dont have to tell us. Just admit to yourself for once.

I applaud Roberts for finally leaving partisanship out of it and voting with his brain. Maybe if the Republicans focused on offering an alternative instead of being obstructionist, they would not have to depend so heavily on the Supreme Court overturning the law.

Make no mistake, I still hate his guts for the citizen's united thing, he left no back door for congress to gut that one, but for today anyway he's not all bad.

And thats what makes you a partisan HACK.

Right or wrong that decision hurts our country in the end too but he must follow the law.

I am telling you after NOV 4 we will be listening to a Chours of Lefties talk about How Roberts and the Republicans must have secretly met and Decided on this Masterful Strat to Declare the Mandate a Tax, and Inflame the Right into a Frenzy that Brought Obama down, and Gave the GOP both Houses of Congress as well.

Just wait and see.

That argument goes out the window as soon as people understand that if they have insurance, there is no tax.

Um, It's not about the Tax dude, The Bill his Hated by 65% of People. Why would you think it standing will make them not hate it anymore? lol

Not to mention if they have insurance then THEY WILL pay a tax on their Premiums, that are already to High. What you think they wont notice the new Tax on their Statements?

lol

Here we go, Roberts will be a liberal commie traitor for life now, how else to hold on to the shattered unconstitutional argument?

He is a traitor. It is what it is.

You seem to be getting mad because the chief justice of the supreme court did not act in a partisan manner, that's pretty funny, it's also settled in a way where republicans will have to sell a replacement for ACA, they cannot just kill it and put nothing in it's place, or sabotage it into failure.

No. he's pissed at the Chief Justice because the man ripped up the Constitution and gave Congress the authority to force people to do things they wouldnt otherwise do by taxing them if they dont.

Obama and the Dems Ignored the People to Pass this Bill and the people made them Pay in 2010, Now the Courts have told the people if they don't like the Bill, Then Vote for People who will change it. It's pretty simple if you ask me, and in the end it is Going to hurt Obama and the Dems in Nov, Not help them.

I just love watching you people. When a Justice Finally does not let his Political Bias Effect his Decision you attack him, when they do, You attack them. It's Unreal.

so many of you need to Read up on what the Courts Job is. It's not to act as a Political tool where 1 Party can over rule the Other with No Basis in Law. If they can find a way under the Constitution to declare something legal, they have to. Period. If they don't they are Legislating from the Bench.

Roberts just sent it back to the people man, Obama and the Dems are gonna take a Beating in Nov, and now that it's a Tax and Not a Mandate much of the Teeth of this Bill can be more Easily Repealed with a simple Majority Vote.

I am Telling you, Conservative who are against this bill, and want to see Obama defeated in Nov, who are bitching now, are going to look back on this someday and Realize Roberts did the Right thing here.

Political tool? This isnt a decision based on the law. Justice Roberts managed argue that Obamcare is a tax to save it's Constitutionality after arguing that it's not a tax to keep the anti-injunction act from dismissing the case.

Thats mental gymnastics. There is no law nor principle in a decision like that.

And thats what makes you a partisan HACK.

Right or wrong that decision hurts our country in the end too but he must follow the law.

I actually expected an overly broad negative ruling that made future attempts to reform health care impossible, it's what they did in the CU case, can't make me feel bad about how it turned out, a least not tonight.

How are any of us supposed to trust any conservatives if those who claim to be conservatives never act as conservatives when they vitally need to?

Its not a matter of "ACTING" anything. Its a matter of following the law. I fail to see where he went astray.

Dont get me wrong I hate the decision but if we expect the left to follow the law then so must we.

Where did he not follow the law? Please explain

Im waiting........

You got time to comment on everyone elses post so leter rip.

I just love watching you people. When a Justice Finally does not let his Political Bias Effect his Decision you attack him, when they do, You attack them. It's Unreal.

so many of you need to Read up on what the Courts Job is. It's not to act as a Political tool where 1 Party can over rule the Other with No Basis in Law. If they can find a way under the Constitution to declare something legal, they have to. Period. If they don't they are Legislating from the Bench.

Roberts just sent it back to the people man, Obama and the Dems are gonna take a Beating in Nov, and now that it's a Tax and Not a Mandate much of the Teeth of this Bill can be more Easily Repealed with a simple Majority Vote.

I am Telling you, Conservative who are against this bill, and want to see Obama defeated in Nov, who are bitching now, are going to look back on this someday and Realize Roberts did the Right thing here.

Political tool? This isnt a decision based on the law. Justice Roberts managed argue that Obamcare is a tax to save it's Constitutionality after arguing that it's not a tax to keep the anti-injunction act from dismissing the case.

Thats mental gymnastics. There is no law nor principle in a decision like that.

Just don't see it that way at all. I try to be consistent. I don't want the Courts to over turn our laws unless they are Clearly and Blatantly Unconstitutional. Because the Mandate can be seen as a Tax, it's not Blatantly Unconstitutional, and therefore Roberts erred on the side of not Over ruling Congress. That is a conservative stand when it comes to the Court. Real Conservatives want the Justices to Be constantly Loyal to the Constitution, not just when it pleases them.

Here we go, Roberts will be a liberal commie traitor for life now, how else to hold on to the shattered unconstitutional argument?

You seem to be getting mad because the chief justice of the supreme court did not act in a partisan manner, that's pretty funny, it's also settled in a way where republicans will have to sell a replacement for ACA, they cannot just kill it and put nothing in it's place, or sabotage it into failure.

I'm mad because Roberts essentially rewrote the ACA to say it was a tax.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_-qh9XDbgE]OBAMA MANDITORY TAX ON HEALTH CARE IS NOT A TAX - YouTube[/ame]

s-JOHN-ROBERTS-large300.jpg

What a guy!

s-JOHN-ROBERTS-large300.jpg

Must have been on med's

slows down thinking

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=....,cf.osb&fp=f02dca5de27feb08&biw=1024&bih=615

The Aspiring Survivalist: 2007 New York Times Article Justice Roberts Medication Side Effects

Drugs are wonderful in liberal vonder land.

Were that true in actual reality, Kagan would've recused herself....But she's a political hack and didn't do so.

Better luck next time.

Will Clarence Thomas Recuse Himself From Obamacare Case? | The Nation
Nobody said anything about Thomas, and he was already seated in the first place....Kagan was appointed and seated after the passage and her well documented approval of Obolshevikcare.

Are you a paid political flack or just stupid on purpose?

The forum deserves to know.

Who do you think you are fooling here? You claiming that Kagan should have recused herself while ignoring Thomas is just you letting your partisan slip show.

Last edited:
Bamboozled again. This is exactly why so many have lost all faith in our Government. We were told John Roberts was a "Staunch Conservative." We were also told George Bush was a "Conservative." All just lies. Many are now rightfully convinced it's all a big scam. The two Parties are really just one Party. They're in the same exclusive private Club. You can't trust any of them. They just play games with the People. Roberts will sleep well tonight though. What does he care? He has his job for life. The People have lost again. What a travesty.

Keeping mouth shut....

Roberts did exactly what he was suppose to do. He left his political views at the door and decided whether it was constitutional or not. Did you read his comments?
I also find it funny he was the rights hero yesterday, but not today. I applaud him for doing what he was appointed to do.

I'm mad because Roberts essentially rewrote the ACA to say it was a tax.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_-qh9XDbgE]OBAMA MANDITORY TAX ON HEALTH CARE IS NOT A TAX - YouTube[/ame]

No he didn't. He said it wasn't a penalty but actually a tax. It was kind of shot at who wrote the bill... But some are too blinded by their politics to see this.

Bamboozled again. This is exactly why so many have lost all faith in our Government. We were told John Roberts was a "Staunch Conservative." We were also told George Bush was a "Conservative." All just lies. Many are now rightfully convinced it's all a big scam. The two Parties are really just one Party. They're in the same exclusive private Club. You can't trust any of them. They just play games with the People. Roberts will sleep well tonight though. What does he care? He has his job for life. The People have lost again.

If you knew what Conservatism meant, you would understand that he actually took the Conservative Line and Deferred to the Congress. Because the Mandate can be Defined as a Tax, he had to allow it as Such.

I am a Conservative myself. I am not happy that Obamacare still Stands, But after reading through the Ruling I fully Understand Roberts Position and Respect him for Respecting the Separation of Powers and not over ruling it when he was able to find a way to make it Legal Under law.

It Proves beyond a Doubt that Obama has Raised Taxes Massively. Not just on the rich. anyone who has Good Insurance will now pay a Tax on their Premiums. There are A bunch of Other Taxes attached to it, On Businesses.

Not to Mention that the Mandate/Tax wont even Work. If you don't Buy Health Insurance you will pay a 700 Dollar Tax. Now, I have a Family of 4, and insuring my Family costs Many Times that amount Per Year. So you tell me, If I could not afford health Insurance before, and I still can't. Am I going to Pay several Thousand Dollars to Avoid a 700 Dollar Tax? Would you?

You can't fix the problem that so many people can not afford health Insurance, simply by Mandating they Buy some, when they Still Can't Fucking afford it, and then only Penalize them a Small Fraction of what it costs to Buy Insurance if they don't Comply.

Everyone seems to be convinced this is a Big win for Obama. Sorry simply is not true. Not sure why anyone would think it is. The Bill is still extremely Unpopular, some polls have it near 70% wanting it gone, so we can start over. This is only going to Inflame peoples Anger at the Government. The Passing of this Bill lead Directly to a sweeping Victory for Republicans in 2010. So I don't see how anyone could think it being declared Constitutional will Translate into a Big swing of support to Obama.

Especially with the Mandate being Declared a Tax. So not only now does the Right have all that anger about this Bill Flamed back up again to help bring out the Vote, but they have the Fact that Obama Lied repeatedly to the American People, Arguing this was not a Tax Increase, and now it legally has been declared one.

:)

You fail to account for the fact that low income earners will receive subsidies to help cover the cost. Also, if you refuse to purchase insurance and pay the penalty, if you get sick, you will still be on the hook for the full amount of the bill, which will most likely force you into bankruptcy if you have any major medical expenses.

I think ideology and partisanship has played such a big role in this debate that very few have actually looked at how this is all going to work. They also do not consider that any part of the law can be tweaked, changed, or discontinued if it isn't working. What we have now is a starting point; we can either work with it and improve it, or get rid of it and start over. The ladder will cost us a fortune in the long run, but if you think driving costs to $16,000 per person per year is in our best interest, keep pushing to get rid of this and going back to the status quo when insurance rates increasing 10 to 15 percent every year. All that will do is lead us to a single payer system sooner than later, because the bottom line is that we are at the breaking point when it comes to the cost of healthcare.

High unemployment should be a clue but we are too distracted to reach your obvious conclusion. Let's not forget o'vomit has signed a national security order that can enact NDAA which promotes dictatorship while stripping away all of/or our rights.

Last edited:
Nobody said anything about Thomas, and he was already seated in the first place....Kagan was appointed and seated after the passage and her well documented approval of Obolshevikcare.

Are you a paid political flack or just stupid on purpose?

The forum deserves to know.

Who do you think you are fooling here? You claiming that Kagan should have refused herself while ignoring Thomas is just you letting your partisan slip show.

Kagan's qualifications are before?

Bamboozled again. This is exactly why so many have lost all faith in our Government. We were told John Roberts was a "Staunch Conservative." We were also told George Bush was a "Conservative." All just lies. Many are now rightfully convinced it's all a big scam. The two Parties are really just one Party. They're in the same exclusive private Club. You can't trust any of them. They just play games with the People. Roberts will sleep well tonight though. What does he care? He has his job for life. The People have lost again. What a travesty.

Keeping mouth shut....

Roberts did exactly what he was suppose to do. He left his political views at the door and decided whether it was constitutional or not. Did you read his comments?
I also find it funny he was the rights hero yesterday, but not today. I applaud him for doing what he was appointed to do.
explain how you pay for it genius....current debt is higher than gdp.
Roberts is on med's to control seizure which may effect his cognitive abilities but you know that and should have read that fact he had a seizure otherwise shut the hell up.
FYI : O'vomit enacts a state of national emergency on 6/25/12......just keep being occupied by your ipod/pad.

Forum List

Back