How Black Was Jesus?

Biblically the Hebrews of Yahoshua's day looked like Ancient Egyptians. Whatever color the Egyptians were, the Hebrews were that same color. There is plenty of evidence to suggest this in scripture (Exodus 2:19; Matt 2:13-23), plus the fact that the Hebrews spent less then 400 years in Egypt and multiplied from about 70 strong to about 3 million during the exodus. Impossible without them taking Egyptian wives.

Additionally the ancient historian Tacticus called the Hebrews "an Ethiopian race". What do/did Ethiopians look like? Whatever that is/was I'm pretty sure Yahoshua was that color.

Then there's these verses:
"My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat." (Job 30:30)

"Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick." (Lam 4:8)

"Our skin was black like an oven because of the terrible famine." (Lam 5:10)

I don't know why people assume Yahoshua looked like an Arab or Ashkenazi Jew. That's a foolish assumption... based on nothing, accept I saw Jaysus in the Passion of the Christ. He looked "olive colored". Silliness. If you actually read the word, you'll get answers... that actually make sense.

I dont think it matters what He looks like.

I think it's the message that matters.

It is the message that matters but liberals are soooo infatuated with skin color that they try to say that Jesus was a black man so they can further develop their distortions of the Bible. So to that extent, yes, it does matter.

What distortions? What does the color of Yahoshua have to do with distortions? Why would Yahoshua being dark-skinned cause a "distortion"? So what if Yahoshua was black-skinned like his ancestor Job was, that creates a distortion how?

Biblically the Hebrews of Yahoshua's day looked like Ancient Egyptians. Whatever color the Egyptians were, the Hebrews were that same color. There is plenty of evidence to suggest this in scripture (Exodus 2:19; Matt 2:13-23), plus the fact that the Hebrews spent less then 400 years in Egypt and multiplied from about 70 strong to about 3 million during the exodus. Impossible without them taking Egyptian wives.

Additionally the ancient historian Tacticus called the Hebrews "an Ethiopian race". What do/did Ethiopians look like? Whatever that is/was I'm pretty sure Yahoshua was that color.

"Their visage is blacker than a coal; they are not known in the streets: their skin cleaveth to their bones; it is withered, it is become like a stick." (Lam 4:8)

I don't know why people assume Yahoshua looked like an Arab or Ashkenazi Jew. That's a foolish assumption... based on nothing, accept I saw Jaysus in the Passion of the Christ. He looked "olive colored". Silliness. If you actually read the word, you'll get answers... that actually make sense.

Those scriptures have nothing to do with Jewish skin color. Why is it, every time a liberal attempts to quote the Bible, it is like chalk screeching on a chalk board?

I would guess that Jesus looked a lot like every other man living around Galilee or Jerusalem at the time

Bedouin_Chief_of_Palmyra.jpg

He probably looked a lot like these guys too

jalsaa362.jpg

Last edited:
What difference could it possibly make what skin tone Jesus had?

We revere him for what he said, not what he looked like.

point is, people do judge others on what they look like.

and like I said before, Jesus might have a difficult time getting on an airplane. I mean, I know he could fly on his own if he really, really wanted to (couldn't he?), but if past experience is any guide, Jesus would be looking to smite the authorities---I doubt he would provide adequate ID to Homeland Security.

Those that believe the Jesus myth like to think Jesus looks like them.

He really wasn't a fair haired blue eyed white guy and he really wasn't divine. He was a man, possibly a great man, but a man nonetheless.

You mean he didn't have blue eyes and reddish golden hair like "Jeffery Hunter"?

51N04HEZ1GL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I would guess that Jesus looked a lot like every other man living around Galilee or Jerusalem at the time

jalsaa362.jpg

Could you imagine Rick Warren or Rod Parsley or John Hagee bowing down to such a man? The image is laughable. It would never happen, even if it were real.

What difference could it possibly make what skin tone Jesus had?

We revere him for what he said, not what he looked like.

point is, people do judge others on what they look like.

and like I said before, Jesus might have a difficult time getting on an airplane. I mean, I know he could fly on his own if he really, really wanted to (couldn't he?), but if past experience is any guide, Jesus would be looking to smite the authorities---I doubt he would provide adequate ID to Homeland Security.

Okay, fair enough.

Yes, Jesus, who was probably swarthy and Semitic looking, might have difficulty boarding a commercial flight.

ESPECIALLY if he had long hair, sported a beard and wore sandals.

Jesus Christ was an Eskimo!

The only reason you thought he was white was due to the Big Polar Bear that he used as a jacket!

And the reason some think he was black was due to the Baby seal slippers he loved to wear!!

Jesus did not know how to build a table, but he could put an igloo together in a frigid snow storm!!

Do not believe this Just know

Those scriptures have nothing to do with Jewish skin color. Why is it, every time a liberal attempts to quote the Bible, it is like chalk screeching on a chalk board?

You're right it has to do with HEBREW skin color. Pay attention, Bible scholar. You still haven't figured out that I'm not a "liberal christian" yet have you? I take a very literal approach to the scriptures, which is why if Job said his skin was black, I just assume he didn't look like an Ashkanezi Jew. Yahoshua's disciple Simeon was known as "Niger" to the other Hebrews of Yahoshua's day (Acts 13:1). Niger means "black" or "dark". Denoting the fact that the Hebrews, like most more dark-skinned groups, had a wide rage of skin tones.

They probably ranged from somewhere between this:
180526491_ed07b82b3c.jpg

display_image-aspx.jpg

Ethiopian7_wb.jpg

TO THIS:
r3448707205.jpe

Also further commenting on Lamentations, the description of the Hebrews in a famine fits almost perfectly with the description of Ethiopians when they fell into famine in the 1980s. When people of color face heat and famine they get darker. This is the imagery given by the three verse I posted in actual picture form:

ethiopia.jpg

ethiopmain_237753d.jpg

The evidence is in the scriptures. Denying it and then calling me a "liberal" (as if that has a damn thing to do with Yahoshua's skin color) for pointing it out only brings even more evidence out. Additionally, why is it that I have to be a "liberal" to believe that Yahoshua was the same color as Ethiopians/early Egyptians as ancient scholars and the Bible seem to agree? Again, read your Bible. It helps.

jalsaa362.jpg

Could you imagine Rick Warren or Rod Parsley or John Hagee bowing down to such a man? The image is laughable. It would never happen, even if it were real.

"For it is written, As I live, saith the EL, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to YHVH." Romans 14:11

:lol::lol::lol: They won't have a choice.

You're right it has to do with HEBREW skin color. Pay attention, Bible scholar. You still haven't figured out that I'm not a "liberal christian" yet have you? I take a very literal approach to the scriptures, which is why if Job said his skin was black, I just assume he didn't look like an Ashkanezi Jew. Yahoshua's disciple Simeon was known as "Niger" to the other Hebrews of Yahoshua's day (Acts 13:1). Niger means "black" or "dark". Denoting the fact that the Hebrews, like most more dark-skinned groups, had a wide rage of skin tones.

180526491_ed07b82b3c.jpg

display_image-aspx.jpg

Ethiopian7_wb.jpg

TO THIS:
r3448707205.jpe

Also further commenting on Lamentations, the description of the Hebrews in a famine fits almost perfectly with the description of Ethiopians when they fell into famine in the 1980s. When people of color face heat and famine they get darker. This is the imagery given by the three verse I posted in actual picture form:

ethiopia.jpg

ethiopmain_237753d.jpg

The evidence is in the scriptures. Denying it and then calling me a "liberal" (as if that has a damn thing to do with Yahoshua's skin color) for pointing it out only brings even more evidence out. Additionally, why is it that I have to be a "liberal" to believe that Yahoshua was the same color as Ethiopians/early Egyptians as ancient scholars and the Bible seem to agree? Again, read your Bible. It helps.

Jesus was from the tribe of Judah not from the tribe of Dan.

And, no, Simeon was not Jesus. Nice try at distorting the scriptures again.

I would venture to guess that Jesus, being God Himself, with all the innate abilities only He possessed, could appear differently to different tribes and groups of people.

If He could make water turn to wine and feed the masses, there is no doubt he could also change his appearance in order to more closely associate with the people whom he was amongst.

I would posit--Jesus Christ looked exactly like ALL OF US.

:D

180526491_ed07b82b3c.jpg

display_image-aspx.jpg

Ethiopian7_wb.jpg

TO THIS:
r3448707205.jpe

ethiopia.jpg

ethiopmain_237753d.jpg

Jesus was from the tribe of Judah not from the tribe of Dan.

And, no, Simeon was not Jesus. Nice try at distorting the scriptures again.

Well you've just proved a.) that you're completely illiterate and b.) that you have no concept of the scriptures that you claim to be so in love with and have no clue about the savior you claim to adore so much. I know what tribe Yahoshua is from. I also clearly know that Simeon was not Yahoshua. The Simeon example was to provide insight on exactly what color the Hebrews of Yahoshua's day living in Ancient Israel would have been. Being that Simeon was called "dark" the assumption drawn is that the people's skin tone varied very heavily back then. Just like in most groups that have darker skin tones, there are those who are very dark and those who are lighter. This really shouldn't be that hard to explain, but I see I'm dealing with a child, who doesn't know anything of the scriptures other than what the pulpit pimps and faith healers tell him.

Again the evidence is in the word.

We know from the Bible the Hebrews looked like the Egyptians.

We know from Ancient Historians looked like Ethiopians.

We know from the scriptures that at least a few of them were very dark.

Seriously the color of Yahoshua isn't a very controversial issue if you know your Bible. The imagine given in a post above by skull pilot probably was what Yahoshua looked like. I'd accept that as a pretty good portrayal.

Forum List

Back