How bizarre, how bizarre

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
"Ooh, baby..."

Anyway.

OpEdNews - Article: Romney Hires Voter Suppression Guru

Republic Report has covered how political money can corrupt government by influencing the actions of elected representatives. But professional hacks can also disrupt democracy by interfering with the voting process itself.
Late last year, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign began paying Nathan Sproul, a political consultant with a long history of destroying Democratic voter registration forms and manipulating ballot initiatives. Sproul, who changed his firm's name from Sproul and Associates to Lincoln Strategies, has received over $70,000 from Romney's campaign. Much of the campaign coverage has focused on the rhetoric of surrogates and the role of high-priced television advertisements. But if Sproul continues to play a role in the campaign, and if his previous work is any guide, his firm may have an impact on key swing states.

ThinkProgress covered Sproul and his work for the coal industry. The post, which partially reprinted below, goes through his greatest hits, including evidence that his firm systematically suppressed Democratic overs on behalf of the Bush-Cheney 2004 presidential team and deceiving voters during registration drives in 2006:

How's Team Romney going to spin this one?

"Ooh, baby..."

Anyway.

Republic Report has covered how political money can corrupt government by influencing the actions of elected representatives. But professional hacks can also disrupt democracy by interfering with the voting process itself.
Late last year, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign began paying Nathan Sproul, a political consultant with a long history of destroying Democratic voter registration forms and manipulating ballot initiatives. Sproul, who changed his firm's name from Sproul and Associates to Lincoln Strategies, has received over $70,000 from Romney's campaign. Much of the campaign coverage has focused on the rhetoric of surrogates and the role of high-priced television advertisements. But if Sproul continues to play a role in the campaign, and if his previous work is any guide, his firm may have an impact on key swing states.

ThinkProgress covered Sproul and his work for the coal industry. The post, which partially reprinted below, goes through his greatest hits, including evidence that his firm systematically suppressed Democratic overs on behalf of the Bush-Cheney 2004 presidential team and deceiving voters during registration drives in 2006:

That's easy!

"YOO WANT ILLEGALZ TOO VOAT!!! :mad::mad::mad:"

"Ooh, baby..."

Anyway.

Well, considering that voter suppression is a felony, I'd like to know notwithstanding accusations by Democrats, what has this person been indicted or convicted of?

Lemme know....

• Banned
From the first link above.

On the other hand, when people go to vote and learn their voter registration forms were never turned in, they are denied their rights. Former Rep. Chris Cannon (R-UT), during a hearing on voter fraud, admitted that "the difference between ACORN and Sproul is that ACORN doesn't throw away or change registration documents after they have been filled out."

Why do liberals deny they stuff the ballot even after it's been exposed? On a political message board even with people who follow this stuff, it's so weird.

God you're clueless. I mean - I never knew you could get so stupid, so fast. I should have known, you've been here long enough and are dearly hated by many. But you give new meaning to the word stupid.

God you're clueless. I mean - I never knew you could get so stupid, so fast. I should have known, you've been here long enough and are dearly hated by many. But you give new meaning to the word stupid.

How sad for you.

I'm sorry your pos rep abuse didn't bring in the results you sought.

But really, was it necessary to screw up the neg rep system as well?

Show mercy. What's next? Avatar adjustments? Signature revisions? And then a "boop filter" for every post?

Why do liberals deny they stuff the ballot even after it's been exposed? On a political message board even with people who follow this stuff, it's so weird.

Bizarre. So bizarre.

handincookiejar.jpg

How sad for you.

Show mercy. What's next? Avatar adjustments? Signature revisions? And then a "boop filter" for every post?

Okay, I'll be polite and let you know that until you return to the realm of normal, I won't be addressing your (completely unhinged) posts.

Lord knows the business of politics is rife with all sorts of dirty tricks; no doubt illegal acts have been commited, maybe by these guys and others. But let's not pretend the democrats haven't done the same kind of thing. I recall the story a few years back in Minnesota I think, where a mentally disabled man was taken to a voting site and told how to vote for the democrats, not understanding what he was doing. Wasn't just the one case either. Sleaze is not exclusive to either party.

Last edited:

How sad for you.

Okay, I'll be polite and let you know that until you return to the realm of normal, I won't be addressing your (completely unhinged) posts.

You betcha. I will continue to point out yours, however.

Lord knows the business of politics is rife with all sorts of dirty tricks; no doubt illegal acts have been commited, maybe by these guys and others. But let's not pretend the democrats haven't done the same kind of thing. I recall the story a few years back in Minnesota I think, where a mentally disabled man was taken to a voting site and told how to vote for the democrats, not understanding what he was doing. Wasn't just the one case either. Sleaze is not exclusive to either party.

Didja check Snopes?

How sad for you.

And maybe you could leave (again) in a huff...If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff...

Didja check Snopes?

No, why?

Thats ok...but Obama once talked to a guy who talked about Voter Suppression one time!!!! Wheres the investigation!!!

Forum List

Back