How big of a pay cut should employees take to give their CEO a 300% raise?

How big of a pay cut should employees take fund a 300% raise for their CEO?

• >50%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 25%-50% (the answer that the owners of Hostess would give)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1%-24%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 0%

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City

The vultures who bought Hostess thought it should be around 30%.

Their employees disagreed. I guess they're just greedy, right?

Last edited:

well, 18.000 of em are unemployed so you tell me! does striking work?

Kleenex%20Box.jpg

Does asking your employees to take a 30% pay cut after you've given yourself a 300% raise work? That sort of behaviour is consistent with vulture capitalism - and what a coincidence, Hostess is owned by vultures. They never intended to make the company solvent long term, they only intended to squeeze as much cash out of it as possible before complete liquidation.

Last edited:

No, just stupid.

So someone bought Hostess knowing the union and finiancial situation?
Who are the dumpasses?

What "union situation" is this? The one where unions go on strike after you cut out their pension benefit and ask them for a 30% pay cut after giving yourself a big pay hike?

As for the financial situation - buying companies in a bad situation on the cheap to raid them for cash is exactly what vulture capitalists do.

Now they have no job! Yay!!! Obama will sit their asses on welfare for 10 years and Dems won't ever lose an election!!! YAYAY!!!!! WeLFARE YAYAYAY!!!!!

The end has passed, we are floating our way to the bottom. Don't believe me, ask the FED to stop pumping 40 billion a month into a lifeless economy, ask Obama to end the welfare wars, ask Obama to end years of welfare and see how great things are.

No matter, when the economy keeps sucking Obama can keep blaming Bush, Republicans, the American people, white people, ATM’s, China, something, something else…. But never ever will Obama say “Dang, I was wrong…”

Who are the dumpasses?

What "union situation" is this? The one where unions go on strike after you cut out their pension benefit and ask them for a 30% pay cut after giving yourself a big pay hike?

As for the financial situation - buying companies in a bad situation on the cheap to raid them for cash is exactly what vulture capitalists do.

I don't give a fuck if they gave themselves a 9,000% pay raise, it's their fucking company. The Union lost everyone their jobs, you are just to fucking libtarded to understand you are the reason people are so poor.

Who are the dumpasses?

And raiding the pension fund of an aquired company is a favorite pasttime.

Who are the dumpasses?

I don't give a fuck if they gave themselves a 9,000% pay raise, it's their fucking company. The Union lost everyone their jobs, you are just to fucking libtarded to understand you are the reason people are so poor.

What is this their stuff?
A corporation is 1 individual, only 1 acording to the supremes.
And it is not just "their" money when they stop paying into the employee pension fund.

Last edited:

Does asking your employees to take a 30% pay cut after you've given yourself a 300% raise work? That sort of behaviour is consistent with vulture capitalism - and what a coincidence, Hostess is owned by vultures. They never intended to make the company solvent long term, they only intended to squeeze as much cash out of it as possible before complete liquidation.

It's HIS company I guess he can ask anything he wants...no one forcing YOU idiots to work for them

Who are the dumpasses?

And when they run it into the ground its the employees fault? How the fuck does that work?

It's HIS company I guess he can ask anything he wants...no one forcing YOU idiots to work for them

And he should expect his employees to take whatever offer he gives them?

Personally? I like the system that Japan uses. Their CEO's are only allowed to make no more than 100 times what their lowest paid worker makes.

Forum List

Back