How big government helps the economy take off

I agree that government spending must be done wisely but delegating too much to private enterprise has resulted in more paperwork and graft than savings. Government is not synonymous with waste and corruption as you suggest. Private enterprise is. Government is a democratic institution over which we exert a certain amount of control, depending on how vigilant we are. Private enterprise is feudal in nature. We need government to regulate it so it does not usurp our government and suppress our rights and freedoms.
Of course, one is not free if one is not economically free. Look at any low income person working two jobs to get by. If big business has it's way, we'll all be overworked and too tired to muster a whimper to protest our exploitation. Big Government means control is in the hands of the voters not the elite CEO class.

:cuckoo:

you just keep right on believing that.....

You're only talking about one job. Add the hours from job number two and sometimes number three and now you're talking reality.

Give me the names, addresses, e-mail addresses of all those you know who are working two jobs so i can verify this vast number of people doing that? Of course if the only thing you are qualified to do is greet at WalMart and ride a garbage truck, then ask yourself WHY that is so?

New Topics

Forum List

Back