How big are we gonna let this snowball get as it rolls down the hill?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Nov 9, 2017.

1. bgrouse

bgrouse Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Mistaken identity for example.

2. Siete

Siete Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,117
    some woman goes to the media with a story - chances are pretty solid her story gets a thorough investigation before the press makes it public just to keep them from getting their ass sued off for slander etc. Its called investigative reporting btw.

I doubt Congress can do a damn thing about 32 year old Republians trying to pork 14 year old girls.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Admiral Rockwell Tory Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,419
    Compared to having your reputation ruined for the rest of your life, it is small potatoes!

4. Fort Fun Indiana

Fort Fun Indiana VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,839
    Dumb question. Acquittal does not mean the accusation is false. Aaaaaand we're back to square one.

5. JustAnotherNut

JustAnotherNut Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,344
    this is part of the 'me too' movement, but has been changed from the original intent that was started by a sexual assault survivor as a way to show empathy & connect with other survivors thru the healing process......... and now it is bringing out anyone that has experienced any type of inappropriate sexual contact in their lifetime. AKA an accuser's cry and probably politically motivated in some way.
    So far, many of those accused (Weinstein, Hoffman, Spacey, and others) have all admitted & apologized. They will only do jail time if their actions were within the statute of limitations for sexual misconduct/harassment/assault.

But I agree that with the more credible accusations that come out on a daily basis, when & where will come those false accusations? How many lives will be ruined over a 'pat on the popo' that happened so many years before and hadn't been bad enough to come forward previously. And I'm not talking about rape here at all. Any man (or person) that has to force himself on another for sexual gratification is lower than filth and should suffer. Same goes for threatening retaliation, whether outwardly or insinuating.

Ultimately I think it'll all run its course before it fizzles out. Namely because there aren't that many women that haven't had some type of sexual innuendo or misconduct toward them and we tend to have a good cry & hug each other in support.

6. S.J.

S.J. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,984
    The OP was obviously commenting on the recent tsunami of sexual assault allegations against famous people. The women who accused Trump, for example. How do you mistake Donald Trump for someone else? Those women had no proof, no evidence, no witnesses (except the one on the plane, and he said she was lying). Or the one who claimed he groped her at the Ray Charles concert (that was CANCELLED). Caught red handed but nothing happened to her for making up the story. That's what I'm talking about and you know it, but since you're losing the argument, your only option is to muddy the waters so everyone loses interest in your defense of false accusers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,811
    Yeah, this is just ugly on multiple fronts, a no-win situation. New names and accusations coming out literally every day.

Plus the political angle. Holy shit, what's next? Anything is possible.

No doubt many of the accusations are true, but since no one can even agree on what a fucking FACT is any more, I think we're just gonna find out how ugly we really are.

8. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,705
    All they have to do is a lie detector test anyone who avoids a lie detector test is obviously the person who's lying. Now is a lie detector test a hundred percent? No but it is more reliable than the gut feelings that were using right now.

It' always suspicious when people seek to dismiss any and all means of getting to the truth. Watch Steve Wilcos. The person who takes extra steps to avoid or demean the methods always look guilty.

9. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,969

It worked out well for the Dems on getting rid of Herman Cain ,so they are doing the same thing again to knock his numbers down.
    Does anyone know what happened to all the women who made the claims against Cain?
    Did any go to court and if so what was the outcome?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. jon_berzerk

jon_berzerk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,654

and that is how they do it