How big are we gonna let this snowball get as it rolls down the hill?

Have them take a lie detector test if you are considering jail time. If someone lies that's the worst thing to ever be accused of and they should go to jail. But equally if true and someone smears the victim they too should go to jail on the rape / molestation plus whatever this new charge would be.

Get Steve Wilkos to do it. If not we can' discuss feelings because that's "my guy".
I'm never heard of a true "lie detector." Just machines that read vitals and a guy who takes a guess as to what those vitals mean.

Then test it out (like they do anyway) and run tests. If not or if anyone objects when another party agrees that' an easy open and shut.

Test what out? "Lie detectors" have been tested, but were never proven to work. How does agreeing to take a bogus "test" prove or disprove someone as a liar?

I'm never heard of a true "lie detector." Just machines that read vitals and a guy who takes a guess as to what those vitals mean.

Then test it out (like they do anyway) and run tests. If not or if anyone objects when another party agrees that' an easy open and shut.

Not really, because any smart person, innocent or not, knows not to take a lie detector test. They are totally bogus.

Regardless, when someone declines that automatically shows who's guilty with human behavior. That is the only way to find out allegations and if someone wants to accuse OR clear their name that' the fastest way possible.

Or you can just allow the most powerful with the biggest Microphone to drown out the small like Weinstein did.

Who's FOR that tho?

Passing or failing a bogus test means nothing. Refusing a bogus test proves nothing.

Like innocent until proven guilty?
That doesn't protect their job or their families or their stature in the public. All of that is destroyed immediately when these types of things are brought up regardless of their validity.
Slander is illegal. So is filing a false police report.

What protections do you suggest? If someone makes an accusation, either she's right or she's lying. Either one can be actionable, but how does the government know who is right?

Filing a false police report is a misdemeanor. How is that punishment for the character assassination they produce against the accused?
Some states charge them as felonies and even misdemeanors can result in jail time.

How is that punishment? Gee, I dunno...

Compared to having your reputation ruined for the rest of your life, it is small potatoes!
Having a felony conviction does can your reputation, stupid. And you have to serve the time as well.

Sexual harassment charges are running wild & seemingly out of control.
Either all these people are sexual predators or we have some liars in the mix.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Congress needs to address this if possible. There needs to be some kind of built in protections for the innocent who are wrongly accused. A statute of limitations on allegations that lead to criminal or civil charges perhaps?

I mean what's to stop me from looking up old college classmates who've become wealthy and throwing out bullshit accusations in the hopes of a payday?
I' pretty sure that the pursuit of happiness does not include the right to be wrongfully accused of a crime.

We are crossing into territory from which their is likely no return. Do we just sit by and watch this happen or say enough, if you were raped/assaulted FUCKING REPORT IT WHEN IT HAPPENED not 10 15 20 or even 30 years later...

Are we so desperate to destroy our political adversaries that we consider ruining their lives and the lives of their families as a fair trade in our efforts to defeat them?

This shit has to stop, it's eating our nation from within.

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.
He said, she said is simply not gonna cut it anymore in my book.

And to be clear this thread is not a result of any particular person or accusation. It's just my observation of what looks like a semi rolling down the highway without a driver.

From a small bit of searching, it appears there are already statutes of limitation for sexual harassment cases, with a year being the upper limit. Statute of Limitations: Sexual Harassment Claims

Here's a list of statutes of limitation (or lack thereof) for sexual assault by state: Rape and Sexual Assault Limitations By State -

There certainly are a lot of very public accusations being put out recently.

See, then this is a major problem. How easy is it for anyone to impact an election result with such absurd tactics? We saw some of this in the general election when a bunch of women are paraded out to accuse Trump of things, decades after the fact. Clearly voters weren't buying it.

There are some serious repercussions for false accusations, I am not saying the accusations against this Moore guy are false, as obviously noone but the two involved know the truth, I'm just making a point about the dangers of where this could go. Not only do those falsely accused have their lives destroyed, often irreparably even after some are cleared, but, those who really are victims of such offenses are not believed as readily due to so many lies.

I can add a third. In the 1990s the worst chief of the Toronto Police, Julian Fantino, went on a massive witch hunt, going after gay men in Toronto, it was titled "Project Guardian", you could search on it and learn more. Anyways, there was a broad campaign against these citizens, many of them were falsely accused and charged with sex in public, child abuse, etc. Even when some of these men were cleared, their lives were too far gone. Ruined, all without ever even being guilty of a crime. Some of these men never recovered and they took their own lives.
One of many reasons I despise Julien, though I digress.

Guilt without being found guilty in a court of law is a crime in and of itself.

The court of public opinion is, fortunately or unfortunately, mostly outside the bounds of the law. It is absolutely possible for someone to make false accusations and ruin another person's reputation. However, unless there is some sort of proof, what can be done? There are already laws against libel and slander, against knowing filing false police reports.....I suppose a law could be passed making it illegal to publicly accuse someone of a crime which has passed its statute of limitations. That seems like a horrible idea to me, and even if it happened, it wouldn't solve the whole problem. In the Roy Moore example, at least 2 of the 3 women who say he had romantic or sexual relations with them were legally of age at the time, from what I've read. There was no crime in those cases, but many would still consider it inappropriate or morally wrong, and it's possible it could ruin his reputation. With no crime involved, and probably no way to prove the accusations one way or another, what could the government possibly do?

There may be some legal improvements that can be made, but I see this in large part as more of a cultural than legal issue; people are too quick to accept unproven accusations if they conform to preexisting biases. :dunno:

The verdict does not do that, You should stop talking about our legal system immediately, and not start talking about it again until you have done a lot of reading about it.

Seriously, I mean that. What you just stated as true (but thankfully which is utterly false) would be a sick perversion of our legal system.
Bullshit. If you're accused of a crime and found not guilty, the "not guilty" verdict vindicates you. You stated that the accused has to prove the accusations false. Why should one have to provide further proof when the verdict already did that? This is your last chance.

The "not guilty" verdict removes all liability for the crime. It does not, then, either accuse, imply, state, or impune in any way the accuser as a liar.

I am not saying that the accused has to prove the accusation false, in order to be acquitted. I say that it would have to be proven that false accusations were knowingly made, in order to hold the accused liable for them.
And how do you make a false allegation without knowing it?

Dumb question. Acquittal does not mean the accusation is false. Aaaaaand we're back to square one.
The OP was obviously commenting on the recent tsunami of sexual assault allegations against famous people. The women who accused Trump, for example. How do you mistake Donald Trump for someone else? Those women had no proof, no evidence, no witnesses (except the one on the plane, and he said she was lying). Or the one who claimed he groped her at the Ray Charles concert (that was CANCELLED). Caught red handed but nothing happened to her for making up the story. That's what I'm talking about and you know it, but since you're losing the argument, your only option is to muddy the waters so everyone loses interest in your defense of false accusers.

"Caught red handed but nothing happened to her for making up the story."

Then blame Trump for not suing.

Bullshit. If you're accused of a crime and found not guilty, the "not guilty" verdict vindicates you. You stated that the accused has to prove the accusations false. Why should one have to provide further proof when the verdict already did that? This is your last chance.

The "not guilty" verdict removes all liability for the crime. It does not, then, either accuse, imply, state, or impune in any way the accuser as a liar.

I am not saying that the accused has to prove the accusation false, in order to be acquitted. I say that it would have to be proven that false accusations were knowingly made, in order to hold the accused liable for them.

Dumb question. Acquittal does not mean the accusation is false. Aaaaaand we're back to square one.
The OP was obviously commenting on the recent tsunami of sexual assault allegations against famous people. The women who accused Trump, for example. How do you mistake Donald Trump for someone else? Those women had no proof, no evidence, no witnesses (except the one on the plane, and he said she was lying). Or the one who claimed he groped her at the Ray Charles concert (that was CANCELLED). Caught red handed but nothing happened to her for making up the story. That's what I'm talking about and you know it, but since you're losing the argument, your only option is to muddy the waters so everyone loses interest in your defense of false accusers.

If the woman who made up the groping story about the Ray Charles concert had sued Trump, the fact that the concert had been cancelled would have been proof she made it up, right? In that case, Trump should not have to sue her, the state should prosecute her.

If the woman who made up the groping story about the Ray Charles concert had sued Trump, the fact that the concert had been cancelled would have been proof she made it up, right? In that case, Trump should not have to sue her, the state should prosecute her.

Hmm, no, not even then, because that could be bad memory. It's a pretty strict standard of proof. But i think we are on the same page, now.

Hmm, no, not even then, because that could be bad memory. It's a pretty strict standard of proof. But i think we are on the same page, now.
Bad memory? She mistook somebody for Donald Trump at a concert that never took place? That's a stretch.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Congress needs to address this if possible. There needs to be some kind of built in protections for the innocent who are wrongly accused. A statute of limitations on allegations that lead to criminal or civil charges perhaps?

I mean what's to stop me from looking up old college classmates who've become wealthy and throwing out bullshit accusations in the hopes of a payday?
I' pretty sure that the pursuit of happiness does not include the right to be wrongfully accused of a crime.

We are crossing into territory from which their is likely no return. Do we just sit by and watch this happen or say enough, if you were raped/assaulted FUCKING REPORT IT WHEN IT HAPPENED not 10 15 20 or even 30 years later...

Are we so desperate to destroy our political adversaries that we consider ruining their lives and the lives of their families as a fair trade in our efforts to defeat them?

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.

And to be clear this thread is not a result of any particular person or accusation. It's just my observation of what looks like a semi rolling down the highway without a driver.

Good thread, good observations, logical conclusion with which I agree!

But I have another question for many in congress----------->

If most women can't even report being attacked, abused, mentally indoctrinated; then why should they be in the military? What are they going to do when the enemy attacks their foxhole? This is not a statement against women, this is a statement of reality. I did not create, nor report what IS the reality, the media has, and women LIVED the reality that the media is reporting.

I do not get it, I really do not...............what do we hear when a man and a another man gets in a fight? Not much. But when a man fights a woman, it is reported as unfair, because by most accounts, the woman can NOT win as the man is stronger, AND the man is seen as a total bully. So again, why are women in the military, and why do far leftists, and some RINO's support this?

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.

Good thread, good observations, logical conclusion with which I agree!

But I have another question for many in congress----------->

If most women can't even report being attacked, abused, mentally indoctrinated; then why should they be in the military? What are they going to do when the enemy attacks their foxhole? This is not a statement against women, this is a statement of reality. I did not create, nor report what IS the reality, the media has, and women LIVED the reality that the media is reporting.

I do not get it, I really do not...............what do we hear when a man and a another man gets in a fight? Not much. But when a man fights a woman, it is reported as unfair, because by most accounts, the woman can NOT win as the man is stronger, AND the man is seen as a total bully. So again, why are women in the military, and why do far leftists, and some RINO's support this?

Some women do not report sexual abuse out of embarrassment, or shame, or fear, so women should not be in the military? That's some high class mental gymnastics!

Do you think that no men have ever hidden being sexually abused?

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.

I think that a private organization...I don't know, maybe a conservative newspaper or something should browbeat some potential witnesses (like the Post has done) into stating that they were sexually harassed by Chuck Schumer, Barack Obama, and to be equitable, a few who say that 30 years ago, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara's Boxer, and Feinstein sexually assault a few boys.

I wonder how quickly the media's outrage would suddenly dim? Or do you think they'd enter rehabilitation for their 'transgressions'?

Report it immediately.
Provide evidence.
Provide witnesses.

I think that a private organization...I don't know, maybe a conservative newspaper or something should browbeat some potential witnesses (like the Post has done) into stating that they were sexually harassed by Chuck Schumer, Barack Obama, and to be equitable, a few who say that 30 years ago, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara's Boxer, and Feinstein sexually assault a few boys.

I wonder how quickly the media's outrage would suddenly dim? Or do you think they'd enter rehabilitation for their 'transgressions'?

One might reasonably guess that most of the Hollywood people currently being accused of sexual misconduct are Democrats/liberals, based on the supposed prevalence of left-leaning people in Hollywood, and the media outrage doesn't seem to have dimmed there. Perhaps you underestimate the current power of this #Metoo movement. :dunno:

New Topics

Forum List

Back