How Barack Obama Is Paving the Way for a Palin Presidency

CaféAuLait;1942750 said:

It does not take a pollster, partisan or psychic to see a harbinger of things to come in Massachusetts voters’ choice of a Republican to fill Ted Kennedy’s Senate seat. If Barack Obama’s next three years in the White House are anything like his first, he will surely be a one-term president.

And for black America, that’s the good news.

Because if history is any guide, the truly awful news is that the smart money is on Sarah Palin to replace Obama in the White House.

How Barack Obama Is Paving The Way for A Palin Presidency

From The Root of all places.

Huffpo put one out too:

Obama No Longer Walks On Water

The new leader who promised to bring change has largely failed to do so, and has continued or expanded many of the most pernicious policies of the Bush years. Liberals who had hoped for glasnost and perestroika instead got Bush's third term with a kinder, smiling, intelligent face.

Eric Margolis: Obama No Longer Walks on Water

Obama might be helping a future contender, but it's not Palin. She effectively took herself out of the game when she resigned.

That and trying to gain meshing the tea parties with the RNC. Not going well with that.

CaféAuLait;1942813 said:
I hope beyond hope that the Republicans pick Palin in 2012...:clap2:

I can only hope they DON'T. I was just shocked that The Root and Huffpo are saying such.

The world has gone tabloid thanks to Rupert Murdoch among others. Don't assume that the tiny minority of vocal morons known as tea baggers and truthers are going to sway anyone with half a brain. The media tries to make a big deal out of everything that happens. That is how they get ratings. Sara Palin has no chance of becoming president. There is just too much to use against her. What the republican party should look for is someone that has comon sense, a good moral foundation that is not rooted in fundimentalism. Unfortunately that person does not exist. Most intelligent people see right through the wack jobs that have infiltrated and taken over the GOP. People cast in the mold of a Dwight David Eisenhower that see our infrastructure and our ability to manufacture here right at home as a national security issue have been driven out of the party. Now the GOP gravitates towards clowns...

So are you saying the the Huffington Post and The Root are taking after Tea Partiers? Or did they FINALLY recogonize that Obama has made some big mistakes?

What load of shit. People disagree with Obama's policies on this board every minute of the day and they aren't getting met with accusations of racism at every turn.

This is why I called troll originally.

CaféAuLait;1942750 said:

How Barack Obama Is Paving The Way for A Palin Presidency

From The Root of all places.

Huffpo put one out too:

Obama No Longer Walks On Water

Eric Margolis: Obama No Longer Walks on Water

Obama might be helping a future contender, but it's not Palin. She effectively took herself out of the game when she resigned.

That and trying to gain meshing the tea parties with the RNC. Not going well with that.

At this point, I think the question is whether the GOP can come up with a dynamic enough personality to contend with Obama or if they are going to be resigned to run a Bob Dole-esque "let's give the ol' boy his shot" candidate.

CaféAuLait;1942863 said:
THAT is an assumption on your part I do not listen to Fox news. I watch CNN, BBC and MSNBC. However you will continue to believe that just because I disagree with Obama I must watch Fox and I am so far right extremist. Massachusetts should have taught you that those assumptions were wrong.

No, I'm saying you watched Fox because I've heard nobody say those things you did. Not MSNBC, CNN, or BBC.

It HAS happened and has nothing to do wih Fox News.

CaféAuLait;1942845 said:
Why? Obama hasn't been a Liberal at all since taking office. What did you expect the Liberals such as myself for example to do? Sit there and twiddle our thumbs? :eusa_eh:

Well you know,all I have heard about Obama since the inception of this presidency is that he has done no wrong and it is all Bush's fault. AND if I ever dared to disagree with his policy I was labeled a racist.

What load of shit. People disagree with Obama's policies on this board every minute of the day and they aren't getting met with accusations of racism at every turn.

I have seen people called racist on this board-- I did not say it happened "at every turn" and there is more to the world of politics than just this board.

CaféAuLait;1942945 said:
CaféAuLait;1942845 said:
Well you know,all I have heard about Obama since the inception of this presidency is that he has done no wrong and it is all Bush's fault. AND if I ever dared to disagree with his policy I was labeled a racist.

I have seen people called racist on this board-- I did not say it happened "at every turn" and there is more to the world of politics than just this board.

People get called racist on this board every day ... for saying racist shit not for merely disagreeing with Obama's policies. Stop spreading bull shit.

CaféAuLait;1942945 said:

People get called racist on this board every day ... for saying racist shit not for merely disagreeing with Obama's policies. Stop spreading bull shit.

Again it was for his policy ( noting racist) and there is more to politics than just this board.

Dueling 'Racist' Claims Defuse Once Powerful Word

Republican Rep. Joe Wilson? Racist, because he shouted "You lie!" at the first black president. Health care protesters, affirmative action supporters? Racist. And Barack Obama? He's the "Racist in Chief," wrote a leader of the recent conservative protest in Washington.

Dueling 'Racist' Claims Defuse Once Powerful Word - ABC News

CaféAuLait;1942991 said:
CaféAuLait;1942945 said:

Again it was for his policy ( noting racist) and there is more to politics than just this board.

Republican Rep. Joe Wilson? Racist, because he shouted "You lie!" at the first black president. Health care protesters, affirmative action supporters? Racist. And Barack Obama? He's the "Racist in Chief," wrote a leader of the recent conservative protest in Washington.

Wow. A link to the asshat Wilson. That wasn't disagreeing with a policy ... that was being an out of order jackass.

Keep swinging, fool.

The "if you criticize Obama you get called a racist" card has been dead and buried in the deck for a long time now.

CaféAuLait;1942991 said:

Wow. A link to the asshat Wilson. That wasn't disagreeing with a policy ... that was being an out of order jackass.

Keep swinging, fool.

Wow. Out of that four page article you only speak of Wilson? It was about a lot more than Wilson.

CaféAuLait;1942924 said:
CaféAuLait;1942813 said:
I can only hope they DON'T. I was just shocked that The Root and Huffpo are saying such.

The world has gone tabloid thanks to Rupert Murdoch among others. Don't assume that the tiny minority of vocal morons known as tea baggers and truthers are going to sway anyone with half a brain. The media tries to make a big deal out of everything that happens. That is how they get ratings. Sara Palin has no chance of becoming president. There is just too much to use against her. What the republican party should look for is someone that has comon sense, a good moral foundation that is not rooted in fundimentalism. Unfortunately that person does not exist. Most intelligent people see right through the wack jobs that have infiltrated and taken over the GOP. People cast in the mold of a Dwight David Eisenhower that see our infrastructure and our ability to manufacture here right at home as a national security issue have been driven out of the party. Now the GOP gravitates towards clowns...

So are you saying the the Huffington Post and The Root are taking after Tea Partiers? Or did they FINALLY recogonize that Obama has made some big mistakes?

I don't read either of those outlets. I have heard and seen Arianna Huffinton on several occasions. She seems fairly grounded. Her dislike for Bush and Cheney was clear and for good reason. Obama is not the root of all evil as those that have had thier power wrestled from them by tru and fair election. Most if not all of Obamas failure has been the negativity and obstruction laid in his path by those who place polotics above the good of our country. His biggest mistake has been trying to be bi-partisan. It has been a total failure to meet them half way or any way for that matter. The loss of his luster has been due to his unwillingness to advance the platform that got him elected..republicans be damned as they do when given any opportunity to advance thier causes. Basically what it comes down to is that democrats are closet cowards and deserve no more respect for themselves than they offer to those that elected them into office.

CaféAuLait;1943023 said:
CaféAuLait;1942991 said:

Keep swinging, fool.

Wow. Out of that four page article you only speak of Wilson? It was about a lot more than Wilson.

The first couple of paragraphs was all I bothered to read.

Look, I agree that there are some people that cry racism for some stupid shit but stop acting like you can't disagree with Obama's policies without getting labeled a racist. It's just not so. And don't try to back pedal out of that because you clearly stated that if you "dared" disagree with his policies then you would be called a racist.

CaféAuLait;1943023 said:

Keep swinging, fool.

Look, I agree that there are some people that cry racism for some stupid shit but stop acting like you can't disagree with Obama's policies without getting labeled a racist. It's just not so. And don't try to back pedal out of that because you clearly stated that if you "dared" disagree with his policies then you would be called a racist.

Well that "stupid shit" is exactly what I was talking about. And perhaps I am tired of it and I may have said "dared" but it is/was getting very old.

CaféAuLait;1943066 said:
CaféAuLait;1943023 said:

Well that "stupid shit" is exactly what I was talking about. And perhaps I am tired of it and I may have said "dared" but it is/was getting very old.

Perhaps you should stop making retarded blanket statements.

CaféAuLait;1943066 said:

Ahhhh how can you call it a 'blanket statement" when I said "I". Not everyone but me-- many of MY experiences are what made me say that. I did not speak for anyone but ME.

CaféAuLait;1943088 said:
CaféAuLait;1943066 said:

Ahhhh how can you call it a 'blanket statement" when I said "I". Not everyone but me-- many of MY experiences are what made me say that. I did not speak for anyone but ME.

So every time you have criticize Obama's policies you get called a racist?

CaféAuLait;1943088 said:

I just went through some of the threads you have started so I will go ahead and answer that for you .... no, you haven't.

CaféAuLait;1943088 said:

I just went through some of the threads you have started so I will go ahead and answer that for you .... no, you haven't.

Are you having a hard time with the concept that there is life outside of this board?

Forum List

Back