How Bad will it Get and for How Long?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
OK, here's what we do know:

Interest rates are going to go up.

Since the dollar is the only duly certified reserve currency not trying to inflate the dollar will increase in value relative to all other currencies.

The immediate effect of rising interest rates is that we will discover that a lot of companies have engaged in Ponzi financing or check kiting for you and me.

So the question is how long will the economy be tied up in the discovery of fraud before hot money starts flowing in to push up the stock market?

If the pubs get into the Oval Office, it will be really bad. If they're able to hold on to the presidency and congress and SCOTUS, we'll be right back to the Bush recession and headed for a full out depression.

Bet on it.

And if you don't believe it, look at history. The country always does much better with the Dems at the helm. Just like now.

In any event, if you're going to buy or if you want to refinance, take advantage Obama's help for the little guy. Do it now.

It's been ridiculous for over 15 years.

Japan had this happen ages ago. It still hasn't improved there.

Relax, stay calm, we invented fried cheese on a stick and Hula hoops the world needs us.

Since the dollar is the only duly certified reserve currency not trying to inflate the dollar will increase in value relative to all other currencies.

The immediate effect of rising interest rates is that we will discover that a lot of companies have engaged in Ponzi financing or check kiting for you and me.

So the question is how long will the economy be tied up in the discovery of fraud before hot money starts flowing in to push up the stock market?
The damage the Obama administration has done is going to take years to come out of - if ever.

Obama is simply the jv version of Jimmy Carter it won't take long to recover from him.

The damage the Obama administration has done is going to take years to come out of - if ever.

Exactly what damage are you talking about?
8 million new jobs?
Historically low unemployment?
Business startups up 20%?
Corporate Profits up 182%?
Exports of goods and services up 32%?
Over 600,000 government jobs cut
Dependency on oil imports the lowest since the 70's?
S&P 500 up over 150%?
I'm quite proud of how our country has recovered from near economic collapse just 6 years ago. I'm certainly not crediting one person - we all did it together - but net-net this President certainly hasn't damaged the economy. We're FAR better off than when he took office. Spending is still out of control of course, but both sides of the aisle are complicit in that fiscal irresponsibility.

Last edited:
If the pubs get into the Oval Office, it will be really bad. If they're able to hold on to the presidency and congress and SCOTUS, we'll be right back to the Bush recession and headed for a full out depression.

Bet on it.

And if you don't believe it, look at history. The country always does much better with the Dems at the helm. Just like now.

In any event, if you're going to buy or if you want to refinance, take advantage Obama's help for the little guy. Do it now.

If you want to have a few dollars left in your retirement account...
Get the fuck out of the market now....
I'm calling my broker on Monday before I lose 50% of value in the next few weeks.

That's usually an indication that the market will start heading up when someone says that

Forum List

Back