How bad do we need taxes?

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
8 teenagers die a day from alcoholic related causes. Yet alcohol brings in some high taxes. So what is more important, Losing 4 times more teens a day than troops in the ME, or collecting an average of 6.% taxes on alcohol to run the country? Should we ban alcohol?

8 teenagers die a day from alcoholic related causes. Yet alcohol brings in some high taxes. So what is more important, Losing 4 times more teens a day than troops in the ME, or collecting an average of 6.% taxes on alcohol to run the country? Should we ban alcohol?

Tried that once and look what it got us. Organized crime, onerous laws and a corrupted government. Worked real great the first time.

Tried that once and look what it got us. Organized crime, onerous laws and a corrupted government. Worked real great the first time.

True enough! Good reason to legalize drugs. I guess 8 teens a day is collateral damage. I don't want to ban alcohol myself, but threw it out there over the teen deaths. Perhaps parents should be held accountable for the deaths, so they would control the alcohol.

Alcoholic kids, kids in gangs, kids dropping out, kids getting pregnant, kids killing kids.

It's about enforcement. If parents won't enforce rules and if cops won't enforce laws then we're pretty much fucked.

Alcoholic kids, kids in gangs, kids dropping out, kids getting pregnant, kids killing kids.

It's about enforcement. If parents won't enforce rules and if cops won't enforce laws then we're pretty much fucked.

I think parents should be held responsible for their teens crimes. Maybe if the parent got jailed and lost a weeks wages, his brat teen would be whistling a different tune and stop violating laws.

Because that worked so well the last time we tried it.

When you live in a society with 330 million others you must accept that some will fall off the edges. Especially if the people are free to decide whether or not to drink alcohol or smoke tobacco.

Should other recreational substances be legal, too? Absolutely!

True enough! Good reason to legalize drugs. I guess 8 teens a day is collateral damage. I don't want to ban alcohol myself, but threw it out there over the teen deaths. Perhaps parents should be held accountable for the deaths, so they would control the alcohol.

8 teens a day. How many innocent people are killed (murdered) due to drug violence? Every day?

maybe we should just be mature adults and not drink.

Then teach our children not to drink.

Then they won't die.

Forum List

Back