How Bad Could 2010 Really Get For Democrats?

Unemployment is over 9% and shows no signs of going down. Job creation is minimal, except in government. Those are the only economic figures worth mentioning in an election.
Yeah, the stock market is up, guaranteeing the Democrats ample support from Wall St. Bankers. This is their natural base as the Democrats are:
The Plutocratic Party of Fuck You!

The only Republicans who will lose will be bend-over RINOs like McCain and Crist. People are angrier now than I've ever seen. And better informed and more active.

With stalwarts like Boxer looking to lsoe and others bailing out of the race entirely the writing is on the wall for the Dums. And they know it, despite the rhetoric in public.
People want to get rid of arrogant losers like Baron Hill here.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmgQ2W3lhM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmgQ2W3lhM[/ame]

Last edited:
Explain your gloom and doom in November...... Your "Pay no attention to the Recovered Economy" rant is not going to carry much weight

The economy hasnt recovered. Lying about that wont help you politically.

I dont think it's a coincidence that the economy tanked when Democrats took control of Congress. It would have happened with the Republicans at some point, but it's like the Democrats want to take every bad thing the Republicans do and amplify it 100 fold.

Really? Explain

- A Stock market that has gained 70% since march 2009
- Three consecutive quarters of GDP increase (the definition of an ending recession0
- A reversal in the losses of jobs and a positive increase (162,000 last month)
- Stable interest and inflation rates
- An increase in housing starts

Why can't you just admit that you overstated the case by using the term "rock solid"??

The economy hasnt recovered. Lying about that wont help you politically.

I dont think it's a coincidence that the economy tanked when Democrats took control of Congress. It would have happened with the Republicans at some point, but it's like the Democrats want to take every bad thing the Republicans do and amplify it 100 fold.

Really? Explain

- A Stock market that has gained 70% since march 2009
- Three consecutive quarters of GDP increase (the definition of an ending recession0
- A reversal in the losses of jobs and a positive increase (162,000 last month)
- Stable interest and inflation rates
- An increase in housing starts

Why can't you just admit that you overstated the case by using the term "rock solid"??

Because he is blinded by the kool aid? Because he's dumb as a rock? Because to do so would make him question his very existence?
Take your pick.

Healthcare passed

Economy is rock solid

Looking good in November!
HA HA HA HA

'rock solid'

You have to have rocks in your head to think the economy is in good shape.

And it is looking good in november...for anyone running against a Democrat.

I think it's sad how republicans have to hope that the economy and the country take a turn for the worse all so they can gain politically in NOV.

I'd say it depends on how successfully the tools spread the rightwingloon lies.
You mean like a rediclous blaoted and ineffective entitlement that bankrupts the nation that is filled with payoffs and sweetdeals for supporters?

A stimulous that did nothing but waste a trillion dollars?

Bad news sweethart, those things are real, not 'rightwingloon lies.'

Maybe Barry should annouce he created 'more jobs'.

Really?

Then why was it that some republicans went home from washignton and tried to take credit for the money "they" brought to their state and the jobs that it created??

Healthcare passed

Economy is rock solid

HA HA HA HA

'rock solid'

The economy will be the keystone issue in November. You guys better keep hoping the economy will fail.....its not looking too good for the GOP
2 things, I'm not one of 'you guys' I simply want an end to the mismagement and one party dictatorship, I wouldn't care if monkeys beat teh democrats, they would probaly do better.

The second is, if you truely believe the economy is improving you are insane.

Unemployment continues to rise and productivity continues to drop.

Only wall street is making money, and that doesn't help the real economy, that is just the rich getting richer again.

Only wall street is making money, and that doesn't help the real economy, that is just the rich getting richer again.

There's a bit more to that equation:

The Feds are lending money to Wall Street at 0% interest, and then borrowing it back again at 4% in order to fund expanding government.

Government employees are doing Very Well while the private sector suffers do to lack of capital. It also doesn't help that the tax changes and the Dodd bill are making investment in entrepreneurial ventures virtually impossible. There is a lot of idle capital which should be creating jobs right now.

I'm pretty convinced that the goal of Obamanomics is to make Treasuries and Munis the only investment vehicles in the U.S. (which will drive much capital overseas).

Healthcare passed

Economy is rock solid

HA HA HA HA

'rock solid'

I think it's sad how republicans have to hope that the economy and the country take a turn for the worse all so they can gain politically in NOV.

As opposed to the Democrats who never demagogued the economy during the last election, right?
In any case, the economy doesn't need to get worse. If it stays the same it will still suck, costing the Dems the election. We are two years into this recession. It should have been over in 9 months. The sole reason it lasted this long is Obama's policies.

Last edited:
HA HA HA HA

'rock solid'

As opposed to the Democrats who never demagogued the economy during the last election, right?
Last election?

I seem to recall Lurch talking about the worst economy since hoover back in 2004 right before chimpy kicked his ass.

It should have been over in 9 months. The sole reason it lasted this long is Obama's policies.

Indeed. Prior to Obama taking office, the predictions were that the recovery would be strongly underway in the second half of 2009, with real job creation.

It should have been over in 9 months. The sole reason it lasted this long is Obama's policies.

Indeed. Prior to Obama taking office, the predictions were that the recovery would be strongly underway in the second half of 2009, with real job creation.
Are you saying census taking is not a real job?

Depends on how you define "real." If you mean someone actually gets a paycheck, then it is. If you mean it is "sustainable" (a favorite word of leftists) and creates wealth, then the answer is no.

Well, it will be an interesting year. I do hope the Democrats continue to whistle through the graveyard.

And I do hope the voters give them the treatment they deserve.

All these articles are pipe dreams and what ifs to make people like Xeno foam from the mouth in excitement.

The same could be said about the liberals pipe dreams of Palin or Romney running for the presidency. They are what they are, but it makes for some good postings, don't you think?

Last edited:
The policies of Obama are very similar to those of President Carter in the late 70's. Only more extreme. When the people began to witness the negative effects of his far left agenda, they brought the country back to the right. One of the greatest presidents of the past century was elected to office. Fear not, America. If Obama continues down this path it will most likely lead to the second coming of a leader like President Reagan.

Forum List

Back