How are you Like?

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
I've often wondered if there are more people out 'there' like me. I sit back and type replies to messages and read your replies. All your collective voices sound like my voice, as I read. Yeah, I know...I should read 'to myself' instead of aloud....

Still I think about those with whom I interact here on the forums. I try to imagine what y'all look like (Created a thread), what y'all see when you type your replies, what you think 'my' voice sounds like.

I wonder if any of you would recognize me, should we ever meet in person? I wonder how we'd get along? I wonder if the stresses and flaming and such here on the forums would be forgotten, and we'd just joke and laugh and carry on?

I wonder if I'd be too shy to talk to Bonnie? Probably. I wonder if John would put me in a headlock? I wonder if -Cp would bring his laptop to keep us upated during dinner of any breaking news? Would JB entertain us with his Combat-Intel stories? Would no1 ask the blessing over dinner? Would anyone else eat left-handed? Would I be red-faced discussing Sex as we do/did in the Sex/Relationship Discussions thread? Likely. I could barely even SAY the word 'sex' until I was 19 - even though I'd been 'performing' it for years. Joz would have to get me liquiored up to get me to share the stuff I do in sobriety here on the forums. :D

I think I paint a pretty accurate word-picture of me here on the forums. Yes...I am a bit moody. Yeah, I REALLY enjoy talking about things that are deep and weird. gop_jeff gave me one of the greatest compliments I think I'd heard in some time: He referred to me as an 'out-of-the-box thinker' in not so many words. I'm shy at times. I have a LOT of 'one-liners'. One thing I'm cutting down on is a timely placed 'ohhh!!!' (impossible to replicate via written text...but it implies a bit of naughty) when somebody says something which could even REMOTELY be a sexual inuendo. I laugh a lot. I have dimples. In my face. I'm probably not as chubby as I make myself out to be. I'm not as black as I pretend.

So...yeah...that's about it. Rambling, I know.

:)

-=d=- said:
I've often wondered if there are more people out 'there' like me. I sit back and type replies to messages and read your replies. All your collective voices sound like my voice, as I read. Yeah, I know...I should read 'to myself' instead of aloud....

Still I think about those with whom I interact here on the forums. I try to imagine what y'all look like (Created a thread), what y'all see when you type your replies, what you think 'my' voice sounds like.

I wonder if any of you would recognize me, should we ever meet in person? I wonder how we'd get along? I wonder if the stresses and flaming and such here on the forums would be forgotten, and we'd just joke and laugh and carry on?

I wonder if I'd be too shy to talk to Bonnie? Probably. I wonder if John would put me in a headlock? I wonder if -Cp would bring his laptop to keep us upated during dinner of any breaking news? Would JB entertain us with his Combat-Intel stories? Would no1 ask the blessing over dinner? Would anyone else eat left-handed? Would I be red-faced discussing Sex as we do/did in the Sex/Relationship Discussions thread? Likely. I could barely even SAY the word 'sex' until I was 19 - even though I'd been 'performing' it for years. Joz would have to get me liquiored up to get me to share the stuff I do in sobriety here on the forums. :D

I think I paint a pretty accurate word-picture of me here on the forums. Yes...I am a bit moody. Yeah, I REALLY enjoy talking about things that are deep and weird. gop_jeff gave me one of the greatest compliments I think I'd heard in some time: He referred to me as an 'out-of-the-box thinker' in not so many words. I'm shy at times. I have a LOT of 'one-liners'. One thing I'm cutting down on is a timely placed 'ohhh!!!' (impossible to replicate via written text...but it implies a bit of naughty) when somebody says something which could even REMOTELY be a sexual inuendo. I laugh a lot. I have dimples. In my face. I'm probably not as chubby as I make myself out to be. I'm not as black as I pretend.

So...yeah...that's about it. Rambling, I know.

:)

**raises left hand** :tng:

I think everyone would be a lot more polite and most of us would probably be a little less verbal if we all met, at least in the beginning.

Dan said:
I think everyone would be a lot more polite and most of us would probably be a little less verbal if we all met, at least in the beginning.
Untill me and SE show up with the keg!!!

Dan said:

Really Dan! In reality I'm very shy and don't have strong opinions. Oh yeah, I always tell the truth! :halo:

In real life, I'm not quite as quick to spout facts, that's a lot easier to do with a search engine!

no1tovote4 said:
Only if y'all asked me to.

I doubt you would be too shy to talk to Bon either, I don't think she'd let you.

The blessing also might be a little odd to y'all. Buddhists don't pray too often.

:cool:

Forum List

Back