How Are You Defining A Debate Win?

All you needed was 2 minutes to listen to Chris Mathews last night after the debate.
That's how you define a debate win...
And Romney won....

Specifically.

Successful debating means having a position on the issues and the ability to articulate that without a teleprompter. If you have convictions, it should be easy to talk about them.

Obama was too easily tripped up and fell apart. I suspect he is used to reading TOTUS without thought and when he's on his own, his mind is blank. Not a good sign. TOTUS allows him to eloquently read the gobbledegook written by others, but it's all fake. He can't debate passionately because he could too easily pull a Biden and say what he really wants to do. Honesty is not his friend considering his plan to rebuild the country after he tears it down.

Being stumped for answers either means he doesn't know or doesn't want to tell. Take your pick, but either way it's great cause for concern.

Specifically.

Successful debating means having a position on the issues and the ability to articulate that without a teleprompter. If you have convictions, it should be easy to talk about them.

Obama was too easily tripped up and fell apart. I suspect he is used to reading TOTUS without thought and when he's on his own, his mind is blank. Not a good sign. TOTUS allows him to eloquently read the gobbledegook written by others, but it's all fake. He can't debate passionately because he could too easily pull a Biden and say what he really wants to do. Honesty is not his friend considering his plan to rebuild the country after he tears it down.

Being stumped for answers either means he doesn't know or doesn't want to tell. Take your pick, but either way it's great cause for concern.

That is a good summary. And it is true about the Freudian slip, and it was clear where that was coming from throughout the debate.
For instance - Romney's plan of shifting Medicare to the individual states...you could literally see the intensity of how much Obama is against that idea. He is against that idea because Obama absolutely believes there should be a large central government where the state government is merely a subservient vehicle to carry out Federal direction.
That is not America. It makes no sense to have healthcare of a citizen in Nebraska to be directed by bureaucrats on the other side of the country.
But not according to Obama.

f4l8yb.jpg

LMBO....................and fresh off the wire from DRUDGE..........

laughing_man1-5.jpg

Having every point countered with an intelligent response,and not having any for ones self.

Then throw in 3 make that 3 times one must be corrected for basically a lie.

What intelligent responses?

"The CBO isn't taking into account all the revenue that will be generated from the economic growth of my plan," or something like that came from Romney.

It's magical thinking.

It's like saying Unicorns will protect me from harm..why doesn't the secret service see that?

That's no counter. And it's hardly intelligent.

Nope. It's the difference between static and dynamic forecasting.

When EVERY night time talent (and I use that term loosely) at MSNBC has a meltdown on camera you know their guy did shitty.

Nobody had a meltdown but Chris.

:lol::lol::lol: Ed almost have a stroke/heart attack, rachel's apple was a bobbin madly, and sharpton was spitting and spittin and pointing his boney fingers, it was hilarious.

I NEVER thought I'd agree with you. Somewhat. Yes, they were upset, but not like Chris. Hubs and I laughed hysterically at Chris. His hair was wild and he just was so funny!! The others were just upset, not funny.

We had to watch Chris a second time to hear what he said because we were laughing so loud. Gotta lovem.

There is only one way to define a win when it comes to Presidential Debates: will it help the candidate win? It doesn't matter how much Romney or Obama lied, or how many promises they made about he economy that they can't possibly keep, in the end Romney appeared more confident and crisp, and so he was the winner of the debate.

Specifically.

I define a winner as one who truthfully and successfully convinces the majority of people that his/her ideas are best for the public. Though having charisma and dominating debate are impressive, convincing people with facts is what matters to me.

Specifically.

I define a winner as one who truthfully and successfully convinces the majority of people that his/her ideas are best for the public. Though having charisma and dominating debate are impressive, convincing people with facts is what matters to me.

If facts means saying "uh...well....uhm....uh....gee...", then Obama won.

Specifically.

Then you'd have to say that Obama won the debate, because all Mittens did was lie.

Forum List

Back