How Are You Defining A Debate Win?

I'm interested in seeing how the changes in stances that Mittens took last night during the debate are going to play to the GOP base.

Oh................and almost every news station is fact checking the lies told by Mittens last night. Gonna be interesting to see the next debate.

He won't lose any votes from the GOP to think the debate will do that is grasping at thin air.

True.

2 more to go..and pretty sure Obama got schooled enough to know what to do next time.

Obama was schooled eh?...hmm...then why do you believe Obama won the debate?:eusa_hand:

Me?

I believe he "won" on content and reality.

Romney "won" because he was able to roll the moderator and set the tone of the night.

And it depends on what you value...really.

Romney's stances have completely changed from the primary debates.

If Obama can't handle an old man from PBS, it's no wonder our foreign policy is in the shitter. Seriously... we're talking about LEADERSHIP. There was one leader on that stage... and it was NOT Barack Obama who stared meekly at his shoes half the night because he couldn't meet the eyes of the man challenging his record.

That said, Obama actually had 3 minutes more time last night than Romney did. And Lehrer spoke more than he did last time he moderated a debate,

Obama supporters were blaming moderator Jim Lehrer just minutes into the debate for letting Romney control the clock. But the truth is Romney didn’t have the ball for longer, as the MSNBC crew kept claiming in their post-debate coverage; he just did more with it. Obama spoke for fully three minutes longer than Romney, according to the CNN live clock.

A parody Twitter account was created to embody liberals’ frustration with a debate that veered from its intended structure. Silent Jim Lehrer mumbled his way to almost 10,000 followers.

But how silent was Jim Lehrer, really? A check of Wednesday’s transcript shows he spoke about 1,400 words. When Lehrer moderated the first McCain-Obama debate in 2008, he tallied about 1,200 words, so his performance wasn’t out of character.

cont... Did hubris catch up with Team Obama? « Hot Air

Your guy lost because:
  • He couldn't defend his record. But Romney confidently defended his own.
  • Obama's ideas for the future were stale and recycled from 2008. Romney's were fresh.
  • Obama fell back on idealist rhetoric and emotional appeals. Romney spat out hard numbers like a tommy-gun.
  • And above all that... Obama spent the night looking like a guy who wanted to surreptitiously wipe the flop-sweat from his brow. Romney looked like a guy who's cool and comfortable in the leadership role.

Look.. we all know that these moderators are going to swing left. Romney was supposed to be a good little Republican and allow himself to be rolled. But instead, he took charge. Here's the deal though... we WANT a president who'll stand up for himself.

Having every point countered with an intelligent response,and not having any for ones self.

Then throw in 3 make that 3 times one must be corrected for basically a lie.

What intelligent responses?

"The CBO isn't taking into account all the revenue that will be generated from the economic growth of my plan," or something like that came from Romney.

It's magical thinking.

It's like saying Unicorns will protect me from harm..why doesn't the secret service see that?

That's no counter. And it's hardly intelligent.

Why don't you tell me what happened when Kennedy cut taxes?

Obama got his ass kicked and looked like a lost little puppy.

f4l8yb.jpg

I Thought that was the Night after the Limo Ride with Sinclair?... :dunno:

:)

peace...

Did Obidoodle's sycophantic buttbois shit their pants over how truly pathetic a performance he turned in?...Yup.

LOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSEEERRRRRR!!

Here's a hot one.....
A Lib called into Super Lib Thom Hartman's radio show today suggesting the reason
Obama and the moderator has a bad time last night was because of the altitude in
Denver....

Oh and she was serious.

Show some class and admit your guy lost and lost badly to someone you considered a joke.

Romney won based on presentation and articulation, but on content he failed.

Obama may not have done as well as expected, but there were no killer moments. He didn't do too badly.

So if Romney won, he won marginally, but not on important things like his policies!

Romney won based on presentation and articulation, but on content he failed.

Obama may not have done as well as expected, but there were no killer moments. He didn't do too badly.

So if Romney won, he won marginally, but not on important things like his policies!

Obama wouldn't even look up, you are living in a fantasy land kid.

Normally..it would have been seen as a "draw".

But Romney came in with low expectations and Obama came in with high expectations.

Romney did a bit better and Obama did a bit worse.

So now Romney's performance is "wildly" conflated.

As is Obama's.

Is that the explanation for why Romney actually looked at Obama, and Obama kept looking for his notes?

It probably has something to do with containing urge to scream "Liar liar pants on fire".

Gore got caught rolling his eyes..

All things considered..looking at the papers was probably best.

that could explain it, except that Obama caller Romney a liar more than once.

Come to think of it, it went the other way too.

By the way, there were no papers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back