How Are Protective Classes Formed?

But it can be privilege. Because of the delicacy of anti-discrimination laws, lenders and employers have to be careful in who they deny. If you were a bank, and you could make 1 home loan and you had two applicants, a non-protected couple (white male, white female) and a protected couple (a gay or black couple), you almost have to go with the protected couple, otherwise you open yourself to a possible lawsuit. The same goes with hiring practices. And, in the end, it's the non-protected classes who are being discriminated against because of these laws.

Firstly you used the terms "protected" and "non-protected". Flag on the play there J.

Secondly - if someone can't make a decision based on relevant and not irrelevant factors then they shouldn't be making decisions :lol:

Your conclusion that there is a sort of reverse discrimination isn't supported by your argument.

On names - I got called a honkey in the States one time. I don't give a fuck. I've had the shit kicked out of me several times, that hurt and I did give a fuck.

Maybe we need to protect people that feel put out by being called racist.

:lol:

or homophobic, or anti-semitic.

That's an interesting point. IS THERE ANY PROTECTION for a person who is inaccurately labeled a racist, homophobe, or anti-semite?

Consider the man who worked in the Mayor's office in Washington, DC, and made the comment about grant dollars for inner city communities being "niggardly."

What happened to him, given that he was a white man who made the remark in a roomful of people of color who need to buy a dictionary?

IS THERE ANY PROTECTION for a person who is inaccurately labeled a racist, homophobe, or anti-semite?

No, obviously. The charge of "racist" comes with the conviction conveniently attached.

But nobody ever stops to ask what, exactly, is "racist." It basically translates as "evil, dumb white person who should be killed, jailed or excluded from polite society." It never includes blacks or any other non-white. If you're a scientist who acknowledges that IQ differences are even 10 percent inherited, you count as a "racist" today. But that scientist is probably neither evil nor dumb.

It just doesn't matter. "Racist" is the greatest word-weapon against whites ever devised. It can destroy a life the minute it escapes the lips. And nobody is there to ask why. And if you do... well, you're a racist.

Consider the man who worked in the Mayor's office in Washington, DC, and made the comment about grant dollars for inner city communities being "niggardly."

What happened to him, given that he was a white man who made the remark in a roomful of people of color who need to buy a dictionary?

That's a fair point. It's indicative of a few things though. Ignorance is just one. The hyped up atmosphere over racial issues is another. It brings to mind though the case in the UK a couple of years ago of the mob who, during the worst of the public hyseria over paedophiles, tried to burn down the house of a ....paediatrician.

People are easily duped into mob thinking. This is just another example.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back