How are Politics and Religion Different?

Having a gubmint is irrelevant to the fact that it doesn't exist in the corporeal sense.....It's merely a mythical strawman under which looters, rotters, and other parasites operate, in order to give themselves an air of legitimacy.

See the "bucket test" I alluded to earlier.
fine--whatever--but it's nothing like religion
It's exactly like religion, the way many people approach it.

Blind faith in programs that have never ever delivered on their promise....But just one more program (hail Mary) will make everything all better!
Suggest that people do without gubmint altogether and you'll get a litany of silly excuses that rival what you get from a devout Catholic if you told them to leave the church.
The narratives surrounding "patriotism" directly mirror religious stories and precepts.

The examples go on and on...
no it's not
re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
What does gubmint entail, if not an entity that can do superhuman things?....End poverty, discrimination, change the weather, etcetera.

Same empty hopes and blind faith, different "superhuman" entity.
now that's bullshit..hahhahahahah
So you can't make an honest and cogent argument to counter the point.

Capitulation accepted.

Blind faith in programs that have never ever delivered on their promise....But just one more program (hail Mary) will make everything all better!
Suggest that people do without gubmint altogether and you'll get a litany of silly excuses that rival what you get from a devout Catholic if you told them to leave the church.
The narratives surrounding "patriotism" directly mirror religious stories and precepts.

no it's not
re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
What does gubmint entail, if not an entity that can do superhuman things?....End poverty, discrimination, change the weather, etcetera.

Capitulation accepted.
the sky fairy loves you --

no it's not
re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
Learn to pronounce
noun

Capitulation accepted.
already did--many posts

Both demand compliance to group think.
Both change direction in the middle of a sentence.
Both worship their leaders.
Both demand tithing to support the church.
Both believe in forcing their belief/will on others.
Both write songs about their glory.
Both lay claim to an omnipotent.

Am I missing something?
Much of that which we jokingly refer to as "science" has most, of not all, of those same characteristics.

hmmmmm.......
You don't understand science at all.

I don't know why I'm surprised by that......
Science? LOL- science has nothing to do with it- embarrassing yourself in public is not very flattering.
He excels at that.
Gdjjr defeated by the quote function for like the 15th time in this thread alone.

The quality of new recruits is plummeting.
I haven't been defeated

Godvernment has more than 10- so many in fact nobody can count how many-
This is true. However, religion and the Ten Commandments points to love of God (as opposed to love of religion) and love of one's fellow man. Government wants love of government, lots of government, and for government (not people) to nanny everyone.

How many genders are there?

Do humans exhibit sexual dimorphism?

Does the genotype express a different phenotype for different races?
You asking me?
No, he's not. he's trying to prove he's smart by using large multisyllabic words.

(Neat! I can do it too!)

Sitting in front of a TV has caused a terrible fear of ideas in you which masquerades as a fear of multi-syllable words. Why dont you read a book. Some ideas, maybe even most ideas, are best expressed by multi-syllable words.
If they overload you then get back to Survivor or Dancing with the Stars.

I believe the Left has categorized the term 'book' as hate speech.
If you really believe that then you're even stupider than I thought.

And I already thought you were.pretty damn stupid.

In fact, I was pretty sure you were setting records for stupid.

Much of that which we jokingly refer to as "science" has most, of not all, of those same characteristics.

hmmmmm.......

Science? LOL- science has nothing to do with it- embarrassing yourself in public is not very flattering.
He excels at that.
Gdjjr defeated by the quote function for like the 15th time in this thread alone.

The quality of new recruits is plummeting.
I haven't been defeated
Looks that way from here kiddo.

Is the difference that politicians don’t have breezewood chasing them around telling them their beliefs are wrong?

In some religions, you get on your knees to pray.

In politics, you're on your knees for a different reason.

Forum List

Back