How are IQ tests considered racially biased?

See post #247

then black people should not be bitching about anything, which is constantly anyway

Where are those "bitching " Black people? Do I have to FORCE it out of you? TELL ME... I REALLY WANT TO KNOWWWW! :lol:

NAACP for starters fool :afro:

The fool here is the one who doesn't know the NAACP is a multi-racial organization. Yes, dumbo, that includes real White people not pink mutants like you!
C = what dumbo?
The speed of light, Genius

how are IQ tests biased? They tell the truth

SATs are not IQ tests but they are a good proxy for IQ.

In multiple choice questions the wrong answers are carefully chosen to mimic faulty reasoning. Some questions almost everyone gets wrong, some almost everyone gets right, but if you randomly guess there is a chance at being correct with no time penalty.

10 years ago a black man working for the College Board (maker of the SATs) found that blacks scored as high as whites on the very difficult questions. He considered this proof that blacks were as smart, and were being racially discriminated against. But were they?

A random guess between abcde scores 20%. But the distractor answers are meant to catch faulty or incomplete reasoning. If a question is being answered correctly less than the random chance then it is probably not a good choice to test average test takers but it is still necessary to define the differences between the the highest scorers.

In this way, by adding to the uncertainty, it makes blacks look smarter. Unfortunately the opposite is also true. On questions where most test takers answer correctly a random guess will score very low and this is where the differences between low scorers are found.

This black employee of the College Board wanted to reduce easy questions and only count the hard questions that are most affected by random error. Obviously the College Board rebutted his claim but the press releases of this 'racism' live forever on the internet.

Supposed racial differences are really just regional differences. A disproportionate part of the black population lives in the South, where the schools are shitty. It isn't the tests that are racist, but the people who cite racial statistics as proof of something more significant.
The Minnesota transracial adoption study would counter your theory. "Shitty" Southern schools are to blame for the racial IQ differences derived from this study as well?

Supposed racial differences are really just regional differences. A disproportionate part of the black population lives in the South, where the schools are shitty. It isn't the tests that are racist, but the people who cite racial statistics as proof of something more significant.
The Minnesota transracial adoption study would counter your theory. "Shitty" Southern schools are to blame for the racial IQ differences derived from this study as well?

that was an interesting study. politically correct researchers found the results they wanted in the beginning, only to see that politically incorrect findings were just around the corner as time passed. you can train up children to do better at first but they revert to their mean as they grow into adults. as HeadStart found out.

if I remember correctly there was one anomaly in that study that I found perplexing. mixed race children who had a white mother had a small but statistically significant increase in IQ compared to the opposite case. I always thought that should be looked into more. I think Jensen found the same thing but I could be wrong.

that was an interesting study. politically correct researchers found the results they wanted in the beginning, only to see that politically incorrect findings were just around the corner as time passed. you can train up children to do better at first but they revert to their mean as they grow into adults. as HeadStart found out.

if I remember correctly there was one anomaly in that study that I found perplexing. mixed race children who had a white mother had a small but statistically significant increase in IQ compared to the opposite case. I always thought that should be looked into more. I think Jensen found the same thing but I could be wrong.

I don't recall that specific anomaly. But it seems study after study confirms that genetic variation is a stronger determinant of intelligence than environmental variation.

Very recently a study came out of Florida State confirming the same thing.

FSU Criminologist Kevin Beaver Finds Parents Can t Help Teens Get Any Smarter Florida State College of Criminology Criminal Justice

I don't recall that specific anomaly. But it seems study after study confirms that genetic variation is a stronger determinant of intelligence than environmental variation.

FSU Criminologist Kevin Beaver Finds Parents Can t Help Teens Get Any Smarter Florida State College of Criminology Criminal Justice

yup. there have been quite a few studies that find parenting isnt a huge factor, as long as basic needs are met.

as a child grows older they have more and more control over their environment and interests. any parent with more than one child understands that they come out with their own personality and other individual traits. perhaps if we were more exposed to twin's behaviour we wouldnt be so skeptical of genetic influence on all sorts of behaviours

yup. there have been quite a few studies that find parenting isnt a huge factor, as long as basic needs are met.

as a child grows older they have more and more control over their environment and interests. any parent with more than one child understands that they come out with their own personality and other individual traits. perhaps if we were more exposed to twin's behaviour we wouldnt be so skeptical of genetic influence on all sorts of behaviours
It's not even that people are skeptical. They chose to disregard it wholesale because in many cases it doesn't fit their preconceived worldview. They ignore it all together.

New Topics

Forum List

Back