How are gay people being perceived in Florida?

Okay, Kat, you ask them next time what the fish is. I'd really like to know.

Yes ma'am. I sure will!

Think I finally figured out what others were calling white fish. And what you meant by "cracker food''. Like tuna salad or something similar. Yeah, that sounds pretty gross.
What I have are fillets, and they are grilled with a very light seasoning, and you put lemon on them..like many other grilled/blackened fillets. That other looked and sounds absolutely gross, and I would never order such.

I will ask next time what kind of fish.

It might have been dolphin, recently known as mahi mahi, to help differentiate from the dolphin that is a mammal. It has also been called dorado.

Dolphin: (the fish, not Flipper) also called mahi mahi; a firm, white-fleshed (filet) fish that is delicious grilled, blackened or Cajun-style.

Yes ma'am. I sure will!

Think I finally figured out what others were calling white fish. And what you meant by "cracker food''. Like tuna salad or something similar. Yeah, that sounds pretty gross.
What I have are fillets, and they are grilled with a very light seasoning, and you put lemon on them..like many other grilled/blackened fillets. That other looked and sounds absolutely gross, and I would never order such.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Kat
It might have been dolphin, recently known as mahi mahi, to help differentiate from the dolphin that is a mammal. It has also been called dorado.

Dolphin: (the fish, not Flipper) also called mahi mahi; a firm, white-fleshed (filet) fish that is delicious grilled, blackened or Cajun-style.

Yes ma'am. I sure will!

Oh. No it wasn't Mahi Mahi. These are small fillets. (the white fish). I have had Mahi Mahi many many times, usually blackened, and you are right, it is great!

Hello there all of you,

my boyfriend and I want to move to Florida, because we got a really good offer on a beautiful condo in Pompano Beach (from here, if anyone is interested). Now, we live in Colorado right now and we are not being perceived that well, seeing as we are gay. How is the situation in Florida, especially in Fort Lauderdale like? Will we run into a lot of discrimination or are people rather open towards the LGBT community?
I'm sure it's better than it used to be back when my dad lived there.

Hello there all of you,

my boyfriend and I want to move to Florida, because we got a really good offer on a beautiful condo in Pompano Beach (from here, if anyone is interested). Now, we live in Colorado right now and we are not being perceived that well, seeing as we are gay. How is the situation in Florida, especially in Fort Lauderdale like? Will we run into a lot of discrimination or are people rather open towards the LGBT community?
Wow, I lost pretty much everything I love, home, friends job and I don't have a clue whether or not I will be around next year. But Gay boy wants validation and a nice place to live? Sorry, kiddo. Not in this life.
Sorry, you're having a tough time. Nonetheless, a new member doesn't deserve your wrath.

Forum List

Back