How "Anti-Abortion" ARE You??

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
November 21, 2012

Over-The-Counter Birth Control

"The influential American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) officially recommended on Tuesday that birth control pills should be sold without a prescription, according to the Associated Press.

The group, which establishes industry standards for OB-GYNs, cited a number of reasons that the pills should be made more widely available, including that the most common side effects — blood clots — are extraordinarily rare and women can easily tell if they have behaviors, such as smoking, that increase the risk. They also said that while women should continue to visit doctors regularly for reproductive care, Pap smears aren’t necessary for birth control pills.

“It’s unfortunate that in this country where we have all these contraceptive methods available, unintended pregnancy is still a major public health problem,” Dr. Kavita Nanda, an OB/GYN who co-authored the recommendation, told the AP. Unintended pregnancies, ACOG estimates, cost taxpayers $11.1 billion annually."

:clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2:

Birth control is an adult pharmaceutical. If it is to be sold OTC, it should not be sold to minors without a prescription to treat a medical condition.

I'm against Human Sacrifice in any form.

And WTF is this; A Baby is an "unintended health problem"? No wonder you Liberals hate yourselves and Human Race.

Contraception is not human sacrifice. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

By definition, it prevents conception.

Let them get rid of it. This country is too irresponsible to not have a choice. Plus rape, contraceptive failure etc. We are too goddamn overpopulated anyways lol

This has nothing to do with abortion, but the fact that in your mind it is somehow equivalent is revealing.

Half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used. Therefore, increasing birth control usage would greatly decrease the number of abortions. Less abortions means less social acceptability of them.

Making the pill OTC is a good step in the right direction.

This has nothing to do with abortion, but the fact that in your mind it is somehow equivalent is revealing.
I'm guessing you've never had any Biology-classes, during the course o' your Life.

323.png

Birth control is an adult pharmaceutical. If it is to be sold OTC, it should not be sold to minors without a prescription to treat a medical condition.

Gee....that sounds an awful-lot like a regulation.

Sell BC pills over the counter and there is going to be an awful lot of dead girls when minors start buying them.

"The influential American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) officially recommended on Tuesday that birth control pills should be sold without a prescription, according to the Associated Press.

without a prescription

anotherwords to make one's own choice - or not having to rely on the "good" doctor when making a personal decision.

I'm guessing you've never had any Biology-classes, during the course o' your Life.

323.png

You have a very loose handle on the English language.

Perhaps this will help.

Abortion

Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
any of various surgical methods for terminating a pregnancy, especially during the first six months.

Birth Control

regulation of the number of children born through the deliberate control or prevention of conception. Compare family planning

Now, does that clear things up any for you?

I am so anti anti tools discussing anti abortion topics there are no words to describe it.

Sell BC pills over the counter and there is going to be an awful lot of dead girls when minors start buying them.

That's why I said in my first post the Pill should not be sold to minors without a prescription for a medical condition. For adults, no prescription.

November 21, 2012

“It’s unfortunate that in this country where we have all these contraceptive methods available, unintended pregnancy is still a major public health problem,” Dr. Kavita Nanda, an OB/GYN who co-authored the recommendation, told the AP. Unintended pregnancies, ACOG estimates, cost taxpayers $11.1 billion annually."[/SIZE]​

:clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2: . :clap2:

Maybe we could just add it to the water like fluoride. I would put this in the, be careful what you ask for, category. When you run to the government to fix something, you might not like the remedy, and it's gonna cost you tax dollars. OTC is a free market move, but if you own the business and don't want to sell to minors, not gonna be your choice. With the lawsuits to come money will rain like water in the legal system.​

New Topics

Forum List

Back