How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

The fact you ignore my questions answers that.
Okay. I'll play your game, Weatherman2020 .
Reply to what? Your belief children commit no evil or your belief God does not take care of innocents?

No, you don't have to reply to any of that, because none of that has been claimed. I conceded children, but never infants. You conceded that children were, most likely, not guilty. However, you never said God "takes care of the innocent". In fact, wouldn't "taking care of the innocent" mean that God would have protected them from the genocide that he commanded? No. You said he would "make it right" for the slaughtered innocent babies who had done nothing wrong. In order to make something right, it first has to be wrong. What could possibly have been wrong for those Canaanite babies? And who perpetrated that wrong? And by who's command? Oh. That's right. They were slaughtered. By the Israelites. At. God's. Command. As soon as you acknowledge that God is going to "make" that "right for them" with after-life lollies, you concede that it was wrong to slaughter them, in the first place. God. Acted. Immorally.
That’s what happens when you parse my quotes. You start lying about what I said.

That’s what happens when you parse my quotes. You start lying about what I said.

Okay. Let's just start over, and see how you do when you can't claim I' making shit up:
The Canaanite nations as a whole were guilty of gross crimes, and for those crimes the same kind of justice was served on a large scale. If you think it is wrong for persons to experience suffering and terror as a result of their sins, you fail to see what sin really is in the eyes of God. No one escapes God’s punishment for sin, except through the grace given through Jesus Christ. Now obviously it is impossible for us humans to imagine individual justice being scaled up to justice on a national level, but it is no stretch for God to think in that way.
No they weren't. The Canaanite men, may have been guilty of this. The women, the children, the infants? They were certainly not guilty of anything. What possible "gross crimes" do you suppose that an infant could have been guilty of?

Of course there were probably some persons involved who were innocent of these gross crimes, especially if there were children who were really caught up in the exterminations. But God has the ability to make it right for them, even after death.
TRANSLATION: "So, yeah. Even though I just said that the nation, as a whole, was guilty, and deserved to be slaughtered, I'm well aware that I am full of shit. But, that's okay, because after these kids are slaughtered who did nothing wrong, God is going to give them "After-life" lollies!" REALLY!?!?!? That's how you justify Genocide! God knows full well what he did was fucked up, and immoral, but he'll make it right Hey, genius, if it was the right, and moral thing to do in the first place, then God shouldn't need to make it right! The very fact that you are suggesting that God will "make it right" demonstrates that you know fucking well it wasn't the right fucking thing to do in the first place!!! You are justifying God's immorality by admitting his immorality!!!

And, by the way, if there were children caught up in the exterminations?!?! First, to talk about slaughtering other human beings as "exterminations", like we're just ridding the house of some vermin, is vile. Second, God specifically included the children in the command!! You keep wanting to pretend that the Bible didn't say what it said: "...put to death men and women, children and infants..." that's a direct, fucking, quote!! So, no children were "caught up" in the slaughter. They were intentionally sought out, and slaughtered, on the direct orders of GOD!!!

And this is what passes for reason for you?!?!

Your turn Sparky. Can't claim I'm "parsing", or "making shit up", now

Last edited:

Okay. Let's just start over, and see how you do when you can't claim I' making shit up:
The Canaanite nations as a whole were guilty of gross crimes, and for those crimes the same kind of justice was served on a large scale. If you think it is wrong for persons to experience suffering and terror as a result of their sins, you fail to see what sin really is in the eyes of God. No one escapes God’s punishment for sin, except through the grace given through Jesus Christ. Now obviously it is impossible for us humans to imagine individual justice being scaled up to justice on a national level, but it is no stretch for God to think in that way.
No they weren't. The Canaanite men, may have been guilty of this. The women, the children, the infants? They were certainly not guilty of anything. What possible "gross crimes" do you suppose that an infant could have been guilty of?

Of course there were probably some persons involved who were innocent of these gross crimes, especially if there were children who were really caught up in the exterminations. But God has the ability to make it right for them, even after death.
TRANSLATION: "So, yeah. Even though I just said that the nation, as a whole, was guilty, and deserved to be slaughtered, I'm well aware that I am full of shit. But, that's okay, because after these kids are slaughtered who did nothing wrong, God is going to give them "After-life" lollies!" REALLY!?!?!? That's how you justify Genocide! God knows full well what he did was fucked up, and immoral, but he'll make it right Hey, genius, if it was the right, and moral thing to do in the first place, then God shouldn't need to make it right! The very fact that you are suggesting that God will "make it right" demonstrates that you know fucking well it wasn't the right fucking thing to do in the first place!!! You are justifying God's immorality by admitting his immorality!!!

There you go again with your hilarious strawmen. I posted in perfect English, what I posted stands on its own.

There you go again with your hilarious strawmen. I posted in perfect English, what I posted stands on its own.
No it doesn't. I demonstrated exactly how it doesn't. It only "stands" if you are as much of a sociopath as your God, and you think that harming an innocent person is okay, so long as you "make it up to them" later.

No it doesn't. I demonstrated exactly how it doesn't. It only "stands" if you are as much of a sociopath as your God, and you think that harming an innocent person is okay, so long as you "make it up to them" later.
It is what it is. You pretending to know the details of who was doing what then is just proof you have a severe problem dealing with reality.

It is what it is. You pretending to know the details of who was doing what then is just proof you have a severe problem dealing with reality.
I'm not pretending shit. God commanded genocide. He commanded the slaughter of infants. Period. Everything after that is you trying to explain how that is actually okay.

I'm not pretending shit. God commanded genocide. He commanded the slaughter of infants. Period. Everything after that is you trying to explain how that is actually okay.
I have little issue with their genocide, they made ISIS look like Boy Scouts.

You don’t get it because you love evil and want it to grow.

I have little issue with their genocide, they made ISIS look like Boy Scouts.

You don’t get it because you love evil and want it to grow.
So, killing innocent babies is perfectly fine, if we don't like their parents? Like I said, as sociopathic as your God.

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL

What examples from the Bible shows god as immoral?
REALLY?!?! How about, lets' start with the Israelite slavery to Egypt? So, just to set the stage, Joseph lived in Egypt, was greatly admired by the Pharoah, and lived a life of comfort, as did the Hebrews who came with him. Flash forward a couple of hundred years, and, according to Ex Ch: 23-25, “During that long period, the king of Egypt died. The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them”.

At this point the Jews had been suffering greatly, and dying under the lash of slavery for how long? So, either this is a really cruel, scatterbrained, forgetful, and hard-of-hearing God who doesn’t take responsibility for the shit that goes on during his watch, or....no, no. That's it. God is a dick. He's a dick who doesn't pay any attention while his "favourite people" are fucked up the ass for generations.

It’s all in your particular interpretation of god, the particular passage you are referring to in the particular critical book you are referencing. God is not one thing to all people, just as morality is not the same to all people. In your own post you try to compare the same standard to god as to man. God transcends man and is not subject to man’s standard anymore than you would judge an apple on how much orange juice it produced.

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL

REALLY?!?! How about, lets' start with the Israelite slavery to Egypt? So, just to set the stage, Joseph lived in Egypt, was greatly admired by the Pharoah, and lived a life of comfort, as did the Hebrews who came with him. Flash forward a couple of hundred years, and, according to Ex Ch: 23-25, “During that long period, the king of Egypt died. The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them”.

At this point the Jews had been suffering greatly, and dying under the lash of slavery for how long? So, either this is a really cruel, scatterbrained, forgetful, and hard-of-hearing God who doesn’t take responsibility for the shit that goes on during his watch, or....no, no. That's it. God is a dick. He's a dick who doesn't pay any attention while his "favourite people" are fucked up the ass for generations.

It’s all in your particular interpretation of god, the particular passage you are referring to in the particular critical book you are referencing. God is not one thing to all people, just as morality is not the same to all people. In your own post you try to compare the same standard to god as to man. God transcends man and is not subject to man’s standard anymore than you would judge an apple on how much orange juice it produced.
A couple of problems with your rationale. First "God is not one thing to all people, just as morality is not the same to all people." Except that is specifically not supposed to be the case with Christians. "God id the same yesterday, today, and forever" (Heb. 13:8). "I, The LORD, do not change," (Mal. 3:6). The god you describe here is a mutable that can be whatever a person needs/wants him to be. But that is not the God presented in the Bible.

Second, you are, again, presenting a god that is above the very standards that he set. I'm not judging God by standards that Man set, at least not according to the Bible. The Laws were not made up by Man, they were set by God. Now, if you are okay with a god who does not hold himself to the same standards that he set for everyone else, that's fine. Just don't expect any reasonable person to view that God as loving, or just. Because that is neither a loving, nor just attitude.

Regards
DL

A couple of problems with your rationale. First "God is not one thing to all people, just as morality is not the same to all people." Except that is specifically not supposed to be the case with Christians. "God id the same yesterday, today, and forever" (Heb. 13:8). "I, The LORD, do not change," (Mal. 3:6). The god you describe here is a mutable that can be whatever a person needs/wants him to be. But that is not the God presented in the Bible.

Second, you are, again, presenting a god that is above the very standards that he set. I'm not judging God by standards that Man set, at least not according to the Bible. The Laws were not made up by Man, they were set by God. Now, if you are okay with a god who does not hold himself to the same standards that he set for everyone else, that's fine. Just don't expect any reasonable person to view that God as loving, or just. Because that is neither a loving, nor just attitude.

In your OP you referenced not only Christianity, but also Judaism and Islam for support of god being immoral. My point is that morality between those religions is not synonymous.

Regards
DL

In your OP you referenced not only Christianity, but also Judaism and Islam for support of god being immoral. My point is that morality between those religions is not synonymous.
First, not my OP. I just happen to agree with it. Second, while that may be true, there are some ideals that they all have in common, and they all have the same God in common. One of the things they would all agree on, generally, is that genocide is kind of a bad thing. Yet, the God they all worship ordered this very thing - at least twice - and ignored on many others.

First, not my OP. I just happen to agree with it. Second, while that may be true, there are some ideals that they all have in common, and they all have the same God in common. One of the things they would all agree on, generally, is that genocide is kind of a bad thing. Yet, the God they all worship ordered this very thing - at least twice - and ignored on many others.

They all have the same god, hahahahaha that’s funny. You’re not too in touch with religion, clearly. No two people share the exact same god, let alone two separate religions sharing the same god. You shot any credibility you might have had on the subject with that one. See ya.

Forum List

Back