How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL

I find it quite strange that Christian, Muslims and Jews can ignore the immoral ways that their God is shown to have in the Bible, Qur’an and Talmud.

If you have read any of the critical books on God, you will have seen God described with some rather disingenuous terms that, if applied to a man, would see that man executed by any moral government in quick order. The Buddhist saying that if you ever meet God, kill him seems quite fitting. Frankly, I think killing him without making him suffer for a time would be too good for him. If hell were real, that would be a better end for him as mankind would surely need to see that torture to gain real closure for God’s crimes against humanity. This aside.

I can appreciate the value for society of local churches, mosques and temples but cannot fathom why lying priests, preachers and imams try to sell their God as a good God, when he is obviously more satanic than Satan. Perhaps scripture speak at least one truth in that the whole world would be deceived by Satan and his lying preachers and imams. Not that I believe in Satan.

As a Gnostic Christian, my focus has been to try to become a Parfait, a perfected moral man, using the methods Jesus taught. It has been a long climb up Jacob’s ladder and apotheosis put me up one rung and I have tried to climb higher, but seem to have stalled due to my inability to find arguments that are persuasive enough to loosen Satan’s grip on the minds of Christians, Muslims and Jews. Their need of fellowship is stronger than their work on their moral sense and they stay in their religions even though they know that their God is immoral and not worthy of their idol worship. This Gnostic Christian truth is not a flattering epithet for God, which is likely what cause their destruction by Inquisition.

The truth hurts the religious even when given with a loving touch. I am not that good at that but have seen good honest lovers of Christ get verbally abused by theists. They think hate is motivating those who speak against their God even when love is the motivator. Hate is born of love, and the Gnostic hate of God is justified on moral grounds, and the attempted correction of a believers moral sense and their thinking is done out of love. They forget that that is how Jesus was and how that love driven expression of hate with what he saw around him almost got him killed at the hands of the Jews. So the myth says.

The fact that I have had many theists resist entering into moral argument of their God indicates that they know that their God is immoral. I can appreciate that once a person accepts the fellowship that his tribal nature seeks, and he can survive without having better morals, he is loath to jeopardize the comfort zone he has created for himself. The problem is that theists are living in self-deception and for one who seeks or has attained Gnosis, a deeper knowing of himself, self-deception is basically not allowed. That is why I have to bother fighting a fight that is almost un-winnable.

If you have an answer to the question I posed at the onset, please enlighten me as I am quite disappointed to see so many living in self-deception and without Gnosis, and following Gods who are demonstrably more Satan like than God like.

In the terrible days that we will face from environmental degradation that will soon be upon us, a new and moral God will be required and we presently do not have one.

I recognize that our tribal and fellowship needs are quite strong and a part of our basic instincts. Do you have any idea as to how we can break Satan’s hold on Christians, Muslims and Jews and change their fellowship and tribal needs to a need for a God with decent moral values?

Regards
DL
A human trying to understand God is like an insect trying to figure out humanity....

The King cannot break the law. The King IS the law.

"God" cannot do anything "immoral." God defines what is moral. It is up to mankind to either (a) figure it out, or (b) accept the fact that God's logic is not always the same as Man's logic.

Why do christians think the commanded murder of infants and young children moral
but abortion isnt?
Does it not count if they are born or something?

Regards
DL

What examples from the Bible shows god as immoral?

Regards
DL
Do tell us how one can have morality?

Oh yeah, it is whatever you feel is moral.

Without a higher authority telling you what is moral your morality is just as valid as anyone else's. Charles Manson etc etc.

Why do christians think the commanded murder of infants and young children moral
but abortion isnt?
The Canaanite nations as a whole were guilty of gross crimes, and for those crimes the same kind of justice was served on a large scale. If you think it is wrong for persons to experience suffering and terror as a result of their sins, you fail to see what sin really is in the eyes of God. No one escapes God’s punishment for sin, except through the grace given through Jesus Christ. Now obviously it is impossible for us humans to imagine individual justice being scaled up to justice on a national level, but it is no stretch for God to think in that way.

Of course there were probably some persons involved who were innocent of these gross crimes, especially if there were children who were really caught up in the exterminations. But God has the ability to make it right for them, even after death.

Regards
DL
A human trying to understand God is like an insect trying to figure out humanity....

It seems that you have not read your bible. Genesis says otherwise.

Then the LORD God said, "Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil.

Regards
DL

"God" cannot do anything "immoral." God defines what is moral. It is up to mankind to either (a) figure it out, or (b) accept the fact that God's logic is not always the same as Man's logic.

Yet your bible says it is.

Then the LORD God said, "Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil.

Our logic says that God's logic for --- though shalt not kill --- is sound.

The fact that God does not follow his own sound logic indicates how immoral he is.

A God who kills when he can cure is an immoral God.

Regards
DL

but abortion isnt?

Logic and reason do not work well with theists. Their faith has then accepting evil as good.

Faith and literalism are the enemy of logic and reason.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

There are many. God began killing us in Genesis 3 and never stopped. He brings killing and murder almost every time he interacts with mankind. God uses genocide, tortured and killed King David's baby, drowned many babies in Noah's flood and will kill the vast majority of us in hell. I could go on but this link might suffice.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Do tell us how one can have morality?

Oh yeah, it is whatever you feel is moral.

Without a higher authority telling you what is moral your morality is just as valid as anyone else's. Charles Manson etc etc.

That is free will is it not?

As to how one can have and know morality, just by you following the instruction in your bible.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Can't you do that?

Regards
DL

I can only speak to the Christian belief, and, that is that God can not sin.
How they can overlook what others view or interpret as immoral that God does or has done according to the Bible is this - since God is perfect, His ways and thoughts are Higher (and more perfect) than ours. Therefore, Christians accept that they don't know true morality, as, God is perfect, and, there are things that we just won't ever be able to understand because our minds are not capable of understanding it.

This is the problem with people like DL. They think they have the absolute answer to what is MORAL or IMMORAL. They don't even consider that we may have it all wrong... and that includes how we interpret the Bible is interpreted and what it really means

but abortion isnt?
The Canaanite nations as a whole were guilty of gross crimes, and for those crimes the same kind of justice was served on a large scale. If you think it is wrong for persons to experience suffering and terror as a result of their sins, you fail to see what sin really is in the eyes of God. No one escapes God’s punishment for sin, except through the grace given through Jesus Christ. Now obviously it is impossible for us humans to imagine individual justice being scaled up to justice on a national level, but it is no stretch for God to think in that way.

Of course there were probably some persons involved who were innocent of these gross crimes, especially if there were children who were really caught up in the exterminations. But God has the ability to make it right for them, even after death.

How often does God have to punish to satisfy his blood lust?

You have him extracting revenge, justice to you here on earth with killing and murder, and also sending them to useless torture in hell.

Strange that for a God who says we are to forgive 7 x 70 times.

That is quite the double penalty, which is immoral, and breaking his own law is also immoral.

Come and reason, but view that link above first.

Regards
DL

How they can overlook what others view or interpret as immoral that God does or has done according to the Bible is this - since God is perfect, His ways and thoughts are Higher (and more perfect) than ours. Therefore, Christians accept that they don't know true morality, as, God is perfect, and, there are things that we just won't ever be able to understand because our minds are not capable of understanding it.

This is the problem with people like DL. They think they have the absolute answer to what is MORAL or IMMORAL. They don't even consider that we may have it all wrong... and that includes how we interpret the Bible is interpreted and what it really means

Show me how and where I am wrong when I say that using genocide and God killing when he can cure is immoral.

Tell me how torturing King David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it, because he was angry with David, is moral.

I am here to learn from you. Teach please.

Regards
DL

Show me how and where I am wrong when I say that using genocide and God killing when he can cure is immoral.

Tell me how torturing King David's baby for 6 days before finally killing it, because he was angry with David, is moral.

Regards
DL

I can't because I don't have the mind of God

If you choose to only go by what you understand and live that way, that is your choice.....

It's always good to consider that you can't and WON'T know things about life... it's always healthy to keep learning however.

But there is no sense in berating others that live by faith, believe that no matter what seems to be, that God is a perfect God of love - regardless of what we think intellectually.

You have a right to berate, challenge and question, I'm just saying, it's not productive. All you are doing is trying to tear down someone's faith - for what reason?

Regards
DL

I can't because I don't have the mind of God

If you choose to only go by what you understand and live that way, that is your choice.....

It's always good to consider that you can't and WON'T know things about life... it's always healthy to keep learning however.

But there is no sense in berating others that live by faith, believe that no matter what seems to be, that God is a perfect God of love - regardless of what we think intellectually.

You have a right to berate, challenge and question, I'm just saying, it's not productive. All you are doing is trying to tear down someone's faith - for what reason?

If your faith and religion have not shown you that genocide is immoral then that is all I have to know to know that your faith is garbage of a high order.

Shame on you for staying in such an immoral ideology.

Double shame on you for being so evil as to not recognize such evil.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
So, how do you develop a "close, personal relationship" with him? I mean, I have dated some people whom I found to be incomprehensible to me, and trust me when I say those relationships were anything but "close, and personal", and almost none of them lasted long.

Yeah...that's the attitude that almost toppled the English Crown. King John, and his predecessors ruled by vis et voluntas (force and will); basically, "Might makes Right". The English subjects got sick, and tired of the royalty doing whatever the fuck they wanted, and justifying it with "Well, I'm the king," It erupted into the First Barons' War, and threatened to topple the Crown. John, in 1215, under intense durress, signed the Magna Carta Libertum, basically acknowledging that even Kings (and queens) are subject to the same laws as their subjects. So, what you're telling me is that vile, worthless mortals are capable of higher moral, and ethical standards than God? Then why do we need him?

That defence didn't work for Nixon. Why should it work for God? So, "Do as I say, not as I do," Really? Have you ever had kids? How well has that ever worked for anyone over, like, the age of five, who is capable of rational thought?

Regards
DL

REALLY?!?! How about, lets' start with the Israelite slavery to Egypt? So, just to set the stage, Joseph lived in Egypt, was greatly admired by the Pharoah, and lived a life of comfort, as did the Hebrews who came with him. Flash forward a couple of hundred years, and, according to Ex Ch: 23-25, “During that long period, the king of Egypt died. The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out, and their cry for help because of their slavery went up to God. God heard their groaning and he remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac and with Jacob. So God looked on the Israelites and was concerned about them”.

At this point the Jews had been suffering greatly, and dying under the lash of slavery for how long? So, either this is a really cruel, scatterbrained, forgetful, and hard-of-hearing God who doesn’t take responsibility for the shit that goes on during his watch, or....no, no. That's it. God is a dick. He's a dick who doesn't pay any attention while his "favourite people" are fucked up the ass for generations.

Forum List

Back