How and where to sell a buttload of tools.

My friend's hubby died and he left everything to her. Included in "everything" is his garage. Its FULL of tools. Everything one would need to be a home garage mechanic. One wall full of craftman tools (no snapons, unfortunately), but oodles and oodles of every gadget under the sun. This includes this big machine that I had no clue what it was until I asked her. She said you put a fender or a bumper or an engine in it and it blasts all the paint and gunk off. This machine is huge. Anyway..she has the whole garage full of stuff. Man cave stuff. Would it be best to sell it in one lump sum, or piece by piece???

She also has WWII stuff. Nazi uniform (full of moth holes but the emblems and patches should be worth something), her grandpa's army uniform and helmet, an aviator fuzzy furry helmet sorta thing and various odds and ends. I told her she can't sell the stuff on ebay, but there may be another venue I am not aware of.

Sounds like the garage is just the start of it. But starting with the garage, if she wants to make some money, recycle.

She is starting with the house. She has to make room for us and I said I won't move in until I know I can move from room to room without falling or tripping over a stack of stuff and breaking my hip. The garage can be done this spring. Maybe this fall. Depends on how willing she is to get rid of it sooner rather than later. I just wanted an idea or head start with asking a bunch of guys (you guys) about how to deal with that damn garage. MrGracie LOVES it...but, I said HAYELL NO! lol

She is starting with the house. She has to make room for us and I said I won't move in until I know I can move from room to room without falling or tripping over a stack of stuff and breaking my hip. The garage can be done this spring. Maybe this fall. Depends on how willing she is to get rid of it sooner rather than later. I just wanted an idea or head start with asking a bunch of guys (you guys) about how to deal with that damn garage. MrGracie LOVES it...but, I said HAYELL NO! lol
I understand. Just start recycling stuff, starting with the garage. You gotta start somewhere.

My friend's hubby died and he left everything to her. Included in "everything" is his garage. Its FULL of tools. Everything one would need to be a home garage mechanic. One wall full of craftman tools (no snapons, unfortunately), but oodles and oodles of every gadget under the sun. This includes this big machine that I had no clue what it was until I asked her. She said you put a fender or a bumper or an engine in it and it blasts all the paint and gunk off. This machine is huge. Anyway..she has the whole garage full of stuff. Man cave stuff. Would it be best to sell it in one lump sum, or piece by piece???

She also has WWII stuff. Nazi uniform (full of moth holes but the emblems and patches should be worth something), her grandpa's army uniform and helmet, an aviator fuzzy furry helmet sorta thing and various odds and ends. I told her she can't sell the stuff on ebay, but there may be another venue I am not aware of.
/——-/ It depends on where she lives. If it’s s farm in the middle of nowhere then she will need to sell stuff individually online. The big machine might be sold to a local body shop. If she lives near a large city then she can sell most of it locally.

the large thing is most likely some type of sand blaster.....i would look at marketplace on facebook....easy to list...no cost for listing...or go with an estate sell....they will take a percentage but will do the advertising etc...for the mechanics tools you may want to contact a local community collage and see if their vocational class might buy it or if it can be donated for a tax deduction

facebook has online garage sales for each community, and stuff in nearby communities sells in minutes sometimes...we've unloaded stuff so easily

also letgo is an app that works really easily for selling things.

Brands worth money:

Snap On
Vulcan
Klein
Xcelite
Dunlop
Starrett

Craftsman is garbage.

You want to price the stuff individually, if you sell it via estate, or lump sum, you will lose a lot of money. And you want somebody there who knows what the stuff is. No yard sales, Craig's list or some such thing. That big machine was a sandblaster.

It could actually be one of these....

ebay does not allow nazi memorabilia.

I don't know where you get that idea. I've seen Nazi stuff on eBay. I used it to look up a Hitler Youth dagger in my father's effects (like this one on eBay right now) to get an idea of its value. It turned out to be a fake but I did get twenty bucks for it at the yard/estate sale.

Forum List

Back