How and where to sell a buttload of tools.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
My friend's hubby died and he left everything to her. Included in "everything" is his garage. Its FULL of tools. Everything one would need to be a home garage mechanic. One wall full of craftman tools (no snapons, unfortunately), but oodles and oodles of every gadget under the sun. This includes this big machine that I had no clue what it was until I asked her. She said you put a fender or a bumper or an engine in it and it blasts all the paint and gunk off. This machine is huge. Anyway..she has the whole garage full of stuff. Man cave stuff. Would it be best to sell it in one lump sum, or piece by piece???

She also has WWII stuff. Nazi uniform (full of moth holes but the emblems and patches should be worth something), her grandpa's army uniform and helmet, an aviator fuzzy furry helmet sorta thing and various odds and ends. I told her she can't sell the stuff on ebay, but there may be another venue I am not aware of.

My friend's hubby died and he left everything to her. Included in "everything" is his garage. Its FULL of tools. Everything one would need to be a home garage mechanic. One wall full of craftman tools (no snapons, unfortunately), but oodles and oodles of every gadget under the sun. This includes this big machine that I had no clue what it was until I asked her. She said you put a fender or a bumper or an engine in it and it blasts all the paint and gunk off. This machine is huge. Anyway..she has the whole garage full of stuff. Man cave stuff. Would it be best to sell it in one lump sum, or piece by piece???

She also has WWII stuff. Nazi uniform (full of moth holes but the emblems and patches should be worth something), her grandpa's army uniform and helmet, an aviator fuzzy furry helmet sorta thing and various odds and ends. I told her she can't sell the stuff on ebay, but there may be another venue I am not aware of.

Estate sale.

There's no reason she can't sell the stuff on eBay, although it wouldn't be practical. But she could pick and choose single items and do it, like the Nazi uniform. It doesn't have a body in it does it?

Flea markets if she has the time. Craigslist also.

Why full of moth holes? They do make moth balls, you know.

Nazi stuff sells good on ebay.

Brands worth money:

Snap On
Vulcan
Klein
Xcelite
Dunlop
Starrett

Craftsman is garbage.

You want to price the stuff individually, if you sell it via estate, or lump sum, you will lose a lot of money. And you want somebody there who knows what the stuff is. No yard sales, Craig's list or some such thing. That big machine was a sandblaster.

Auction/estate sale done by professionals sounds like the best plan. None of this is going to happen very soon. Maybe next spring or summer. I have to work on her to do this stuff. Being a hoarder...well...it ain't easy getting her to do what needs done.

ebay does not allow nazi memorabilia. It will have to be a private collecter. Moth holes because she and her hubby were hoarders. Ever see a hoarder with a neat house? lol

I also have to call around to find someone to haul off the econoline van and the spare jaguar and the little white chevy and the volkswagon. The running Jag, she plans to keep although she can't drive it. No license. Semi blind. If anyone will be driving it, it will be me or Mr Gracie. Not too thrilled about that, either. But the spare jag..that can go. Its for parts anyway.

Pawn shops will buy the tools.
I didn't think of the pawn shop. But...they probably won't pay much. And there is SO MUCH of it. I mean...go into any car mechanic shop and look at the walls..car jacks, tools, EVERYTHING. Well..that is what is stuffed in the garage at her house. Its a big garage.

Mr Gracie and I are buying the Ford F150. Its nice. Red, nice wheels, 2 or 4 wheel drive. We are getting it cheap cuz the deal is...he sells his van, buys the truck, then hauls her around in it to the market, storage unit she just rented, garden shop, etc, for at least a year. Or until they call us to come home. Nieghbors are pretty pissed that we got the truck, lol.

It kinda looks like this:

Century_T_Class_7x5.11162021_std.jpg

Except the shell is messed up so its going to be taken off and dumped. Front bumper is a damn cow catcher bumper with a winch. HUGE bumper.

Brands worth money:

Snap On
Vulcan
Klein
Xcelite
Dunlop
Starrett

Craftsman is garbage.

You want to price the stuff individually, if you sell it via estate, or lump sum, you will lose a lot of money. And you want somebody there who knows what the stuff is. No yard sales, Craig's list or some such thing. That big machine was a sandblaster.
Idk about all that. All my sockets are Craftsmen, S-K, or Snap-on

Never heard of that stuff. :eek:

I don't even need to buy any more. I hit up pawn shops for loose sockets for years.

Brands worth money:

Snap On
Vulcan
Klein
Xcelite
Dunlop
Starrett

Craftsman is garbage.

Idk about all that. All my sockets are Craftsmen, S-K, or Snap-on

Never heard of that stuff. :eek:

I don't even need to buy any more. I hit up pawn shops for loose sockets for years.

S-K is good stuff.

Forum List

Back