How Again is Gun Control Beneficial?

I intend to, ordered a new handgun just today in fact.

Does it make up for your tiny penis and lack of real dignity?

What does a gun have to do with penis size, and more importantly why are fixated on the size of my junk?
You're the one obsessed with buying enough guns to show that you're a real man.

Accumulating more firearms doesn't make you more of a man and bragging about your veritable arsenal doesn't make anyone fear or respect you. It just makes you look sad.

You like guns? Whatever? You collect them? That's nice. But stop acting like it makes you anything more than someone with a bunch of weapons you can't even use- especially when you already said you can't get to it when someone breaks into your house, defeating the entire purpose.

That's the rub though, Brady laws are ineffective. If you want a weapon for a crime you are going to get one and the likely fact is you will attain one illegally.
SAF Press Release :: BRADY LAW PROVEN INEFFECTIVE ONCE AGAIN

A criminal ? Yes. I was talking about the so called crimes of passion. You know husband gets mad and runs down to buy a gun to shoot his wife. Man has to wait 9 days, that's 9 days for him to think " that's a dumb idea" . If one life is saved, I'll wait 9 days. Not that I personally have to, but I would.

The kind of guy who would think gun as a way to deal with hurt or anger, however, is most likely the kind of guy who knows how to get a gun on the street any time he wants one. Using a gun to deal with hurt or anger would not occur to me, nor have I ever been in the crime/drug culture, but even I would have no trouble obtaining a weapon any time I wanted one.

I prefer to do it honestly, legally, and without concern of what a 'street' gun has been implicated in, however. And if I felt the need to purchase a gun in a hurry, it would be because I feared for my life, safety, or that of loved ones. And I wouldn't want to have to wait nine days to get one.

Using your logic, if waiving the waiting period or implementing a quick on line instant background check would save a single life, it would be worth it.

Note, I am NOT saying that no background check should be done. I am NOT saying that anybody should be able to purchase a firearm without providing positive ID and waiting for a quick background check to make sure he or she isn't an illegal, isn't on parole, isn't wanted, isn't an escaped mental patient, or whatever. But with today's technology there is no reason the 'no authorized gun' crowd can't be placed into a single, easily accessible base for law enforcement personnel and gun dealers similar to the 'no fly' list or cancelled credit cards--a data base that can be accessed from the counter while the customer waits.

The nine day waiting period is far more political ideological nonsense than practical.
I concur with foxfyre

I have most of my guns because they are fun to shoot.

Thank you.

There are two major reasons:

fun

and

self defense

Thank you.

fun

and

self defense

Maybe it's part of the 'fun' but I used to target shoot. Used to be a pretty good shot too. And was learning to trap shoot before I had to give back the shotgun. I have no stomach for hunting though I don't fault those who do. So these days, a gun is purely for self protection should it be needed.

But I have friends who buy collector's items--revolvers with carved handles--beautifully crafted rifles and shotguns, etc. simply because they are beautiful. Some have never been fired and probably never will be.

Does it make up for your tiny penis and lack of real dignity?

What does a gun have to do with penis size, and more importantly why are fixated on the size of my junk?
You're the one obsessed with buying enough guns to show that you're a real man.

Accumulating more firearms doesn't make you more of a man and bragging about your veritable arsenal doesn't make anyone fear or respect you. It just makes you look sad.

You like guns? Whatever? You collect them? That's nice. But stop acting like it makes you anything more than someone with a bunch of weapons you can't even use- especially when you already said you can't get to it when someone breaks into your house, defeating the entire purpose.

You have proof of any of that? To be honest I don't even really think about self defense. I live in the boonies and my dogs will alert me to an intruder long before they are actually on the property. I keep one single pistol loaded and within reach, just in case. Other than that, my arsenal is because A) I just love to collect them B) They are fun to shoot and C) being proficient in firearms was part of my career. Has nothing to do with "being a man" Hell any fool can go out and buy a weapon.

Just a bunch of puppycock from you.

Thank you.

fun

and

self defense

Maybe it's part of the 'fun' but I used to target shoot. Used to be a pretty good shot too. And was learning to trap shoot before I had to give back the shotgun. I have no stomach for hunting though I don't fault those who do. So these days, a gun is purely for self protection should it be needed.

But I have friends who buy collector's items--revolvers with carved handles--beautifully crafted rifles and shotguns, etc. simply because they are beautiful. Some have never been fired and probably never will be.

I don't hunt either. I just love collecting things, and guns happen to be one of them. Got a prety nice baseball card collection, and a few nice cars to, none of them were purchased to make me "more of a man"

Forum List

Back