How Again is Gun Control Beneficial?

I was flipping through my Sirius stations today and happened upon "The Ed Show". Ed was screaming, yes, "screaming" at a very mild mannered man who had called in to his show. Ed called him "insane" because he supported the recent supreme court decision regarding gun control.

On an aside I wondered how someone as enlightened as Ed would go into hysterics and make personal attacks against his caller. I thought the tolerant left didn't regress to such antics. :wtf:

Anyway, I'd like someone from the "enlightened" side of the political aisle to explain something to me.

I'm a middle-class, middle-aged white guy with a wife, kids, home, mortgage and dog. We live in the suburbs of Orlando, Florida. How will my giving my gun change the near-constant shootings that occur in the inner cities? I know a cop and he told me what is insane is to rely on the police to protect myself and my family. I believed him. If I give up my gun, can Ed, Obama, Pelosi or some other person assure me that my home won't be the target of a gun-wielding home invader?

I'm willing to be persuaded. Please, enlighten me. Thank you.

I
like just about every one of my liberal democratic friends
do NOT believe in gun confiscation

we, for the most part, believe in gun REGULATION;

(inda like cars and car licenses)

get edumacated on fire arms
get a diploma stating said certification
buy your guns
register them with the local police dept

You don't gave a constitutional right to drive a car, you do have a constitutional right to own a firearm.

You don't gave a constitutional right to drive a car, you do have a constitutional right to own a firearm.

1. you cons, after whining about your rights and freedoms being taken away, are always very quick to point out just how FEW constitutional rights we actually have....

2. I don't want your guns
I just want you educated in the use and care of firearms and registered with the local police so that after you start killing liberals and democrats for "taking away all of the RIGHTS you are quick to point out we don't actually have" they'll be able to find you quicker

I was flipping through my Sirius stations today and happened upon "The Ed Show". Ed was screaming, yes, "screaming" at a very mild mannered man who had called in to his show. Ed called him "insane" because he supported the recent supreme court decision regarding gun control.

On an aside I wondered how someone as enlightened as Ed would go into hysterics and make personal attacks against his caller. I thought the tolerant left didn't regress to such antics. :wtf:

Anyway, I'd like someone from the "enlightened" side of the political aisle to explain something to me.

I'm a middle-class, middle-aged white guy with a wife, kids, home, mortgage and dog. We live in the suburbs of Orlando, Florida. How will my giving my gun change the near-constant shootings that occur in the inner cities? I know a cop and he told me what is insane is to rely on the police to protect myself and my family. I believed him. If I give up my gun, can Ed, Obama, Pelosi or some other person assure me that my home won't be the target of a gun-wielding home invader?

People who are straight up anti-gun, I mean people who think guns should be banned, are idiots.

The Constitution is pretty effing clear in that we have the RIGHT to bear arms.

However, some gun laws like background checks and cooldown periods I think are perfectly reasonable.

there you are, folks

your 3 constitutional rights

guns
and speech
and religion

cons sure do a lot of complaining and whining about ALL OF THEIR RIGHST BEING TAKEN AWAY!....

when in reality they only have 3 rights....

guns
speech
religion

People who are straight up anti-gun, I mean people who think guns should be banned, are idiots.

However, some gun laws like background checks and cooldown periods I think are perfectly reasonable.

there you are, folks

guns
and speech
and religion

cons sure do a lot of complaining and whining about ALL OF THEIR RIGHST BEING TAKEN AWAY!....

guns
speech
religion

and
for people who keep whining about their :rights being taken away"

they are ALL very quick to point out the vast number of rights you do NOT Have
(and they seem delighted about it!);

you do NOT have th erigh tto own a car
you do NOT have a righ tto a license
you do NOThave the right to (fill in the blank)

seems to me it takes a very sick mind to be so happy that we "do NOT have that right" on so many issues

I

buy your guns

Wrong. Cars are not protected by the Constitution, the States are free to regulate as they see fit. The RIGHT to own, possess and carry a firearm is PART and parcel of the Constitution. One may not be denied that right because of some registration policy.

there you are, folks

guns
and speech
and religion

guns
speech
religion

There are more enumerated...and much more that aren't...But please prattle on?

I

buy your guns

Wrong. Cars are not protected by the Constitution, the States are free to regulate as they see fit. The RIGHT to own, possess and carry a firearm is PART and parcel of the Constitution. One may not be denied that right because of some registration policy.

Correct since the Constitutitution states that Government post roads, they may regulate travel upon them. And there are many that still don't understand the phrase "...shall make no law...".

Last edited:
I

buy your guns
I agree with everything but the bold.

Why does anyone have to know what I have in my holster?

I think you people that argue over guns are amusing, because in close quarters I don't want a gun, I want a nightstick or a baseball bat.

It would be my greatest wish that if I had a handgun that my opponent would have a nightstick or baseball bat.

There are techniques for drawing and shooting your gun in close quarters.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1tvUDUwPl8]YouTube - Sheriff's Tip: Avoiding a Gun Grab[/ame]

I have multiple loaded guns hidden throughout my house.

I was flipping through my Sirius stations today and happened upon "The Ed Show". Ed was screaming, yes, "screaming" at a very mild mannered man who had

I'm a middle-class, middle-aged

I don't .

Some people may need to buy a gun immediately because of an urgent threat.

I don't agree with waiting periods either but that is because it has been shown that waiting periods do not reduce gun crimes in any way but I cannot think of a single reason that you would need a gun immediately either. For me it is a matter of an impotent regulation. Those are not needed.

Last edited:
I don't .

I don't agree with waiting periods either but that is because it has been shown that waiting periods do not reduce gun crimes in any way but I cannot think of a single reason that you would need a gun immediately either. For me it is a matter of an impotent regulation. Those are not needed.

I think it's a good legislation. The ONLY people who rush out and buy a handgun are up to no good. Gives them time to cool down. You or I can wait a few weeks, no big deal.

I

buy your guns
I agree with everything but the bold.

Why does anyone have to know what I have in my holster?

Like Hoytrsir I cannot agree with the registration part. Again, the second amendment was designed to protect us from the government and letting the government track where all the weapons are is not conducive to that end. There is no reason to have your weapons registered.

I don't .

I think it's a good legislation. The ONLY people who rush out and buy a handgun are up to no good. Gives them time to cool down. You or I can wait a few weeks, no big deal.

That's the rub though, Brady laws are ineffective. If you want a weapon for a crime you are going to get one and the likely fact is you will attain one illegally.
SAF Press Release :: BRADY LAW PROVEN INEFFECTIVE ONCE AGAIN

That's the rub though, Brady laws are ineffective. If you want a weapon for a crime you are going to get one and the likely fact is you will attain one illegally.
SAF Press Release :: BRADY LAW PROVEN INEFFECTIVE ONCE AGAIN

A criminal ? Yes. I was talking about the so called crimes of passion. You know husband gets mad and runs down to buy a gun to shoot his wife. Man has to wait 9 days, that's 9 days for him to think " that's a dumb idea" . If one life is saved, I'll wait 9 days. Not that I personally have to, but I would.

Forum List

Back