How absolutely Bad Bush was from a conservative point of view

I must put a disclaimer on this, since it will anger you and make you depressed to hear such a turn reality of how bad Bush is. I place him above Buchannan and Carter as worst President ever!

Newsmax.com - The Bush Legacy Part II: Trillions in Deficits For Years to Come

I agree that Bush was bad in a lot of ways. However, if you think he was worse than Carter, then you must not have lived through the Carter years. (at least not as an adult). The big difference maker for me is that Carter left this country weaker in every possible way than when he found it. The same cannot be said of Bush.

We are not militarily weaker. (Though we need to replace equipment and refit). We are not weaker in foreign policy. (Though our voice and focus needs to be changed in tone and tenor, but we come from a position of strength).

Our economy is weaker, but it is not as weak as 4 crippling years of stagflation with double-digit unemployment, 21% interest rates and an inflation rate of 18%. This country was one-half step away from banana republic style hyper-inflation.

So, no, Carter still wins for being the worst president ever, it isn't even close.

I agree that Bush was bad in a lot of ways. However, if you think he was worse than Carter, then you must not have lived through the Carter years. (at least not as an adult). The big difference maker for me is that Carter left this country weaker in every possible way than when he found it. The same cannot be said of Bush.

We are not militarily weaker. (Though we need to replace equipment and refit). We are not weaker in foreign policy. (Though our voice and focus needs to be changed in tone and tenor, but we come from a position of strength).

Our economy is weaker, but it is not as weak as 4 crippling years of stagflation with double-digit unemployment, 21% interest rates and an inflation rate of 18%. This country was one-half step away from banana republic style hyper-inflation.

So, no, Carter still wins for being the worst president ever, it isn't even close.
Agreed Carter did a lot of damage.

Rod was in the Airforce while American military was training Iraniains. The Iranians trashed the base as the Airmen were confined to their quarters.

I don't understand, how did Carter leave the country weaker, exactly? Surely not militarily...else Reagan would not have been able to make his tear down this wall speech. Economically? Does that mean you think the President is responsible for the economy?

I was born in '78, so yea I didn't live through Carter adm.

OK maybe it was a knee-jerk reaction to an article that made me cringle!

Forum List

Back