How about this time we elect an expert on the economy

Ron Paul calling the kettle black in 1988. None understands the economy like him, none else has a plan to fix the economy, and none else is willing to stand up to the corrupt failed establishment.

Ron Paul 1988 prophetically warning us of the banking crisis! - YouTube

Tomorow night on the Google debate Ron Paul will once agian show himself as more educated, more read, and more conservative then any other candidate.

Its time to join the revolution.

You have to grow and nurture the economy. Our economy is a trifecta of "University, Business and Government".

When right wingers talk about "fixing" the economy, the blood turns cold. This is a party that "fixed" Iraq. They "fixed" New Orleans after Katrina. They "fixed" the economy in 2001 which led to the current deep recession. They "fixed" info for going into Iraq. They "fixed" our Justice Department. Everything they "fix" ends up turned to shit. What scares me is what they plan on "fixing" next.

Some dittohead said we had only 6 billionaires- turns out it's 412. (12 in 1982). CEOs went from 23x salary of average worker in 1950, to 350x with a bullet today.

Are you willing to accept his isolationist stance?

Isolationism - a policy of national isolation by abstention from alliances and other international political and economic relations.

Paul advocates trade with all nations. He wants LOTS and LOTS of economic relations...as much as possible! He wants political relations with other countries; he wants any alliance that advocates free trade.

Hardly sounds isolationist.

Standing against military interventionism is NOT the same thing as isolation.

Ron Paul calling the kettle black in 1988. None understands the economy like him, none else has a plan to fix the economy, and none else is willing to stand up to the corrupt failed establishment.

Tomorow night on the Google debate Ron Paul will once agian show himself as more educated, more read, and more conservative then any other candidate.

You have to grow and nurture the economy. Our economy is a trifecta of "University, Business and Government".

When right wingers talk about "fixing" the economy, the blood turns cold. This is a party that "fixed" Iraq. They "fixed" New Orleans after Katrina. They "fixed" the economy in 2001 which led to the current deep recession. They "fixed" info for going into Iraq. They "fixed" our Justice Department. Everything they "fix" ends up turned to shit. What scares me is what they plan on "fixing" next.

How exactly do you intend to grow an economy by spending money on Democrat campaign contributers to the point where our government is insolvent, by increasing taxes on those in the actual economy, and by more tightly regulating said businesses.

You people claim businesses are evil and try to do everything you can to attack them and then pretend to be surprised when the economy weakens.

Wake up!

They should have at least held a real fucking job.

I would also count experience with growing a business, meeting a budget, organizing and executing a successful game plan, managing a work force, and meeting a payroll as big plusses. A misstep or failure along the way that was corrected and overcome would also be a positive for me.

I also want a leader who has a good grasp on how the Constitution was written and why, a good sense of American history with an eye to learn from it, and ability to articulate and explain a rationale for policy that will stand up under scrutiny, and the ability to reassure and inspire.

Somebody who isn't in it for the personal glory and who is able to recruit excellent people to serve with him would be the finishing touches on a superb cake.

Our current Fearless Leader can't claim any of that on his resume.

I'd like someone who is honest.

Honesty is admirable, but if the person is honest about promoting unproductive or destructive policy, honesty would only be a reason not to vote for him or her.

But respect is important. I don't care if people have been wrong in the past or changed an opinion in the past--the left calls that lying but I see it as something entirely different. I don't care if the person supports some issue with which I don't agree if it is not high on my priority list. The left calls that hypocritical. I see it as being reasonable that nobody is going to be perfect and nobody is going to agree with me 100%.

But I want the person to be respected by his/her family, colleagues, friends, and associates. A pathological liar would not generate a great deal of respect. I guess character that I can trust is important to me.

It sometimes all is very subjective though. Back during 1999, I took one of those tests that was supposed to align me with one of the candidates running in that election. The results aligned me with George W. Bush 100%. I thought wow. He's got it all together.

And then though a basically honest, decent, and likable fellow, he turned out to govern far differently than that test. His policies were so different than what I wanted and expected on energy, immigration, entitlements, and growth of government that I felt completely betrayed.

This time I'll be paying even closer attention to that sort of thing.

"You people claim businesses are evil and try to do everything you can to attack them and then pretend to be surprised when the economy weakens."

Just greedy, polluting, screw the workers, Pub industries. Boooosh was a businessman, put us in a depression- spoiled, arrogant, and myopic.. A lot of businessmen are like that...

"You people claim businesses are evil and try to do everything you can to attack them and then pretend to be surprised when the economy weakens."

Just greedy, polluting, screw the workers, Pub industries. Boooosh was a businessman, put us in a depression- spoiled, arrogant, and myopic.. A lot of businessmen are like that...

Yeah, a Democratic businessman would never be greedy, right? He'd just give all his money away... spread the wealth. :rofl:

"The greatest danger to the world economy is right wing fanatics in the US congress"- UK CONSERVATIVE Budget Director- you know, people who listen to Rush and Fox talking heads...

Pure Horse shit. The Greatest threat to the World Economy is the Fact that were spending so much that in just a few Short Years it is going to require the rest of the world lending us 20% of their GDP just to keep us a float.

The Tea Parties Brinkmanship on the Debt, May well have been a short term threat to the World Economy, but it's the spending, and both Parties in ability to deal with it, that is the real Problem, and gravest threat to the world Economy.

Herman Cain has a degree in economics..

I'm still a big Dr. Paul fan tho and I will be nominating him..

However it is really difficult to overlook Cain's credentials..

Yeah, a Democratic businessman would never be greedy, right? He'd just give all his money away... spread the wealth. :rofl:

What is wrong with you? Read a book or something. Ford said build something as well as possible, and pay as much as possible. Exactly the opposite of the greedy Pub /maketing major model we have now. Now we have no demand and are moving toward banana republic status...

"The greatest danger to the world economy is right wing fanatics in the US congress"- UK CONSERVATIVE Budget Director- you know, people who listen to Rush and Fox talking heads...

Pure Horse shit. The Greatest threat to the World Economy is the Fact that were spending so much that in just a few Short Years it is going to require the rest of the world lending us 20% of their GDP just to keep us a float.

The Tea Parties Brinkmanship on the Debt, May well have been a short term threat to the World Economy, but it's the spending, and both Parties in ability to deal with it, that is the real Problem, and gravest threat to the world Economy.

QED. And the no compromise, UN-AMERICAN (TIME mag) Pubs are scaring the HELL out of the world for the forseeable future- they may actually TALK us into another recession or worse. Stupid, myopic, xenophobic brainwashed morons...FACT

What is wrong with you? Read a book or something. Ford said build something as well as possible, and pay as much as possible. Exactly the opposite of the greedy Pub /maketing major model we have now. Now we have no demand and are moving toward banana republic status...

Henry Ford?

He also created the production line - which in my recollection, the purpose of that was efficiency...

Ford cut costs not through layoffs or salary cuts but through innovation..

His assembly lines were so successful he had the ability to be "liberal" with his employees.

Paul just copied my idea, I had it first.

I knew we had finished our golden age when we became a debtor nation, became a consumer spending driven economy, and started outsourcing our jobs overseas.

And the coup de grace is our massive addicted dependence on cheap energy.

the last decade or two has just been false leveraged growth and us existing on inertia of the largest economy in the world.
Unfortunately inertia works both ways and it will likely take a couple of decades to stabilize.

Last edited:
Paul just copied my idea, I had it first.

I knew we had finished our golden age when we became a debtor nation, became a consumer spending driven economy, and started outsourcing our jobs overseas.

And the coup de grace is our massive addicted dependence on cheap energy.

the last decade or two has just been false leveraged growth and us existing on inertia of the largest economy in the world.
Unfortunately inertia works both ways and it will likely take a couple of decades to stabilize.

Your idea??

I've only been warning that our economy was going to collapse for pretty much 10 years - people called me nuts..

I blamed the CRA and no one listened for 10 fucking years...

Only now are they (media politicians) discussing what I said a decade ago..

All I know is that absolutely everything I have predicted has come to fruition.

I'm not Nostradamus or Edgar Casey - I just analyze and compare common information daily....

We're in a depression by the way...

Funny how the media never reports that............

Yeah same Here I was ridiculed bigtime, esp after Bush became president heck they thought the market would go to 30k and house prices would keep doubling every few years forever.

And when it started falling apart the experts predicted a 6 month slump and then back to normal, etc.
I predected a decade minimum of sucky economy.

We must learn to live with less.

"How about this time we elect an expert on the economy"

I agree. Herman Cain.

I blamed the CRA and no one listened for 10 fucking years..

I wrote a school paper in 1982 describing how the CRA would lead to unsound lending and how it would require taxpayer bailout if home prices ever took a sharp downturn. Took a while but I was right. Got an A on the paper...my teacher was apparently not a Keynesian.

Herman Cain has a degree in economics..

I'm still a big Dr. Paul fan tho and I will be nominating him..

However it is really difficult to overlook Cain's credentials..

His degrees are in Mathematics and Computer Science. His credentials on the economy stem from his major successes in business at Coca Cola, Pillsbury (specifically 450 under performing Burger Kings, and Godfather's Pizza) and his term as Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

His 999 plan is quite simple, elegant, effective, and profound.

Forum List

Back