How about this: Cut spending and Raise taxes 2-5% on the top 1%

According to whom?
According to Reagan's own budget director.
Reagan and the two Bushes created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.
This is, of course, impossible.
But don't let the truth get in the way of a good partisan slur.

Not a problem.

Reagan and Bush both doubled the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, said that the tax cuts were a "trojan horse" so they could lower taxes for the rich.

He called it "the greatest financial mistake in American history."

How should the government do that? And you are not part of the group I am talking about taxing so dont take it so personal.

nothing personal taken dear.
but didn't we used to be a nation of JUSTICE FOR ALL.
like smokers, you all become ok with, taxation FOR SOME.
That bothers me the most about some of you.

No, I'm not adocating some get taxed and other do not, everyone will still be taxed the same way except the 400 ppl at the top will see an increase of 2-5%. I think repubs will have to reconcile with the notion that there shouldn't be any increase in taxes anywhere and that we need to climb out of this hole. Either the deficits and debts dont matter or everything is on the table. makes sense?

Still wont work as there are not enough "millionaires and billionaires". Interesting read on why taxing the top earners can't solve the deficit problem.
There Aren

Except that Reagan and Bush's tax cuts both reduced revenue.

According to whom?

According to Reagan's own budget director.

Reagan and the two Bushes created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

No previous administration can compare to this:

"According to Congressional Budget Office (CBO) figures released Monday, the budget deficit for February hit a staggering $223 billion - meaning the Obama administration added more in debt last month than was borrowed in all of 2007."

Forum List

Back