How about, instead of removing the means, we remove the motivation?

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
A proposal:

The Mass-Murder Anti-Glorification act of 2013

Wherein the name of any mass-murderer shall effectively become an obscenity.

All media sources shall be banned from using said name, in any way, in relation to said criminal activity, or be fined an amount totaling at least $500,000 dollars for each repetition.

Mass murderers shall henceforth be referred to as "Jack Doe" in all media stories relating to said crime.

• Banned
Personally, it seems to me that a large part of the motivation for these crazy, evil some-bitches is that they're going for that "blaze-of-glory" effect.

Which would never occur if no-one knew who they were.

Personally, it seems to me that a large part of the motivation for these crazy, evil some-bitches is that they're going for that "blaze-of-glory" effect.

Which would never occur if no-one knew who they were.

In a sense I would bet that your suggestion is already being implemented. If this fellow had Facebook or Twitter accounts I bet they have been closed down and their contents removed from public view. I bet the same has happened at any forums, bulletin boards, etc that he had participated in. No organization wants to be found "guilty by association" with this fellow.

The media will never stop hyping massacre's. It keeps viewers glued to the tube. It is also used to make us believe politicians can save us from this horror. Have you ever stopped to think that they are using that to brain wash you? Not only just concerned people like you, but are inciting crazy people to become famous by larger record breaking shooting massacre. They do this to further their political gun control agenda.

• Banned
In a sense I would bet that your suggestion is already being implemented. If this fellow had Facebook or Twitter accounts I bet they have been closed down and their contents removed from public view. I bet the same has happened at any forums, bulletin boards, etc that he had participated in. No organization wants to be found "guilty by association" with this fellow.

While that is a good point, his name, face and personal history are being broadcast, continuously, by every major media outlet in the US.

Hardly anyone will remember the names of the dead, but they'll always remember the name of the killer.

• Banned
The media will never stop hyping massacre's. It keeps viewers glued to the tube. It is also used to make us believe politicians can save us from this horror. Have you ever stopped to think that they are using that to brain wash you? Not only just concerned people like you, but are inciting crazy people to become famous by larger record breaking shooting massacre. They do this to further their political gun control agenda.

But yet, if you were to implement a law like this, it would take away the human face from behind the trigger, and I think that would cut ratings by quite a bit too.

A proposal:

The Mass-Murder Anti-Glorification act of 2013

Wherein the name of any mass-murderer shall effectively become an obscenity.

All media sources shall be banned from using said name, in any way, in relation to said criminal activity, or be fined an amount totaling at least $500,000 dollars for each repetition.

Mass murderers shall henceforth be referred to as "Jack Doe" in all media stories relating to said crime.

So...the dude I work with named "Eric Harris" would need to change his name, then?

Forum List

Back