How about full body scanners?

Someone is behind the times...big time.

Are there schools that have these?

You know everything...you tell me. Do you ever do your own research? I posted that remark to you on another thread as well. You know how to join in mocking people fairly well.
I don't read all your posts, dude. If you have a question go ahead and ask.

From what I see there are no public schools that have body scanners.

Are there schools that have these?

You know everything...you tell me. Do you ever do your own research? I posted that remark to you on another thread as well. You know how to join in mocking people fairly well.
I don't read all your posts, dude. If you have a question go ahead and ask.

From what I see there are no public schools that have body scanners.

Visit NJ someday.

We do it to get on airplanes so why not to get into school?

Excellent idea, but I 'm sure the cost is prohibitive.

A simple full body metal detector would be good enough.

You also have to consider that an armed nutcase is not going to try to sneak their firearms into the school through the body scanners or metal detectors. They'll come in with guns blazing. So the person or person's monitoring the scanners MUST be armed.

I have to believe that fortifications of the doors and windows would be a better idea.

Once the students are inside the school buildings, it's time to lockdown.

It's a shame that this country has come to this, but these situations are the result of the gradual breakdown and resulting permissiveness of our society.

I just googled it, nothing on it.

You claim NJ uses full body scanners, good for them. Why doesn't everyone use them. It would be a lot more effective than arming teachers or rent a cops.

You also have to consider that an armed nutcase is not going to try to sneak their firearms into the school through the body scanners or metal detectors. They'll come in with guns blazing. So the person or person's monitoring the scanners MUST be armed.

I have to believe that fortifications of the doors and windows would be a better idea.

It's a shame that this country has come to this, but these situations are the result of the gradual breakdown and resulting permissiveness of our society.

You're right. It's more of a metal detector than an airport scanner but they are in use. Seen them myself. Would actually post the schools but that's too much personal info. Let's just say Monmouth County, NJ

I just googled it, nothing on it.

You claim NJ uses full body scanners, good for them. Why doesn't everyone use them. It would be a lot more effective than arming teachers or rent a cops.

Gee...let's see. Open a bathroom window and an accomplice passes it in maybe.

Yes, at the checkpoint you would need a trained police officer with a gun.

I know I'll get ripped for this (and maybe deservedly so), but I can't help think of what it would cost to put one of these in every school in America. I know, I know, what value do you put on the life of a child ?

But I just don't see it happening. Maybe it's the right thing to do, but when our school children are forced to sell candy bars (and virtually everything else you can think of) to buy books and supplies, I don't see folks forking over enough in taxes to pay for one of these for every school.

And I have to also think that shooters would just find a way around it. Like shooting out a window or something. Or as a previous poster suggested, just claiming the attendant as his first victim.

It's like a suicide bomber, if someone is hellbent and willing to die in the process, it's darn near impossible to prevent them from taking out some others on their way out.

Pedophiles across America will rush to apply for the scanner jobs.

What a dumb idea.

Forum List

Back