How about drafting the House of Reps?

Floyd Treacle, (R-IL) 19th Congressional District

german_farmer_HOT.gif

• Banned
Hey, that guy is just as entitled to fair representation in Congress as anyone.

It seems to me that maybe the best way to break up the hold of the self serving politicians, whose primary concern is getting re-elected, is to actually get some every day people in there. A random sampling would provide such an opportunity, while maintaining the ability to provide an adequate distribution of the ideals found within the populace. And it would allow even better representation of the people themselves, instead of what goes on now with special interests and partisan hackery taking center stage.

I'd like to see some kind of nominating process on the city and county levels. Then maybe take a lottery from there.

There are a lot of hard-working genuinely honest people serving their communities in small town America.

Term limits seem like the logical way to go to me. One term, and one term only. We term limit the president, and anymore 2 terms for the president even seems excessive.

• Banned
Draft for WHAT?

To fill the seats of the House of Representatives. Randomly selected people. Get the real, every day, people in there. To Hell with the politicians.

Forum List

Back