CDZ How about debating Actions instead of Words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
If you don't like Trump's appointees, let's debate them.

If you don't like Trump's executive orders, let's debte them.

If you don't like Trump's policies, let's debate them.

If you just don't like Trump's words, please go to another forum.

A very good idea. If you surf the web of political discussion sites, you have probably noticed the sudden increase in "no hostility" zones where memes, emoticons, name calling and discussion of other members are banned.

The riotous slanders etc. which have their roots in talk radio and right wing websites has, with the ascendency of President Trump become socially acceptable in the mainstream. The result has been a rather shocking falloff of moderate and progressive posters repelled by the new, hostile vulgarity.

Membership on progressive forums has surged proportionately, threatening a self-segregation which will very much weaken the world of Internet political discussion forums. This is part of serious weakening of popular culture and democratic governance. Mods to the rescue!

The riotous slanders etc. which have their roots in talk radio and right wing websites has, with the ascendency of President Trump become socially acceptable in the mainstream. The result has been a rather shocking falloff of moderate and progressive posters repelled by the new, hostile vulgarity.

To what "riotous slanders" are you referring? Since the election, left wing posters (and protesters) have been much more hostile and vulgar than their right wing counterparts.

To what "riotous slanders" are you referring? Since the election, left wing posters (and protesters) have been much more hostile and vulgar than their right wing counterparts.

They actually believe the crap the MSM puts out and appeals to authority and credentials as witness the AGW fables, so your comment is a cheap shot at a defenseless opponent.

I will split the difference. In W Bush's case some of the silly things he said were humorous but they were only marginally important. The policies WERE the issue.

In Trump's case, certain words and angry speeches seem to excite folks. Those we need to watch out for.

That big debate on Sweden I didn't start but was bored that night and read up on. Its more humorous than anything I agree. If it was a flub, no big deal. If it was there to make matters seem worse then it was a big deal.

Your generally thought though I agree with.

Your point has some merit as far as posts on this and similar forums in the past four months or so. Include talk radio and right-wing news sites going back to the 2008 election and it is clear that slanderous rhetoric has been a much larger part of right wing propaganda that it has on the left.

Your point has some merit as far as posts on this and similar forums in the past four months or so. Include talk radio and right-wing news sites going back to the 2008 election and it is clear that slanderous rhetoric has been a much larger part of right wing propaganda that it has on the left.
Ridiculous.

Ridiculous.

Are you saying the Rush revolution on the radio is not a bit past polite conversation?

...In Trump's case, certain words and angry speeches seem to excite folks. Those we need to watch out for..
So they say. A typical list of "angry" Trump quotes are posted at 11 Angriest Quotes from Donald Trump's Republican Convention Speech which says he's wrong to decry corruption and homicide. Let's be much more concerned about--

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.”
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”
This kind of rhetoric led to violence. Example: soon after the administration said “We will keep our boot on their neck until the job gets done... ...This is a BP mess", BP gas station personnel were shot (BP gas stations shot at - Google Search ). In contrast, after the violence at Trump rallies we later found that--

...In Trump's case, certain words and angry speeches seem to excite folks. Those we need to watch out for..
So they say. A typical list of "angry" Trump quotes are posted at 11 Angriest Quotes from Donald Trump's Republican Convention Speech which says he's wrong to decry corruption and homicide. Let's be much more concerned about--

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.”
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”
This kind of rhetoric led to violence. Example: soon after the administration said “We will keep our boot on their neck until the job gets done... ...This is a BP mess", BP gas station personnel were shot (BP gas stations shot at - Google Search ). In contrast, after the violence at Trump rallies we later found that--

The mercenary army link is dead and the Gateway Pundit links did not work for me.

I need more particulars on the BP gas station incident. The link brought up a bunch of robberies and the like.

The top one was really quite interesting, "According to court testimony, Jameel, who also owned the Starbucks on the opposite corner from the BP gas station at Crooks and Big Beaver, owed Bacall $400,000. During the trial, surveillance tape was played in court that showed Bacall enter a back room at the gas station occupied by Jameel and Slieman Bashi. Bacall is seen shutting a door and emerging holding a gun after several loud shots; Jameel was slumped over a desk in the background in a pool of blood."

There was a homicide at the BP south of Fenton along Gravois road near one of our locations also.

If it saves you immediate trouble with the links, I'll give you most politicians talk like football coaches on occasion.

Trump...Maybe its the Hispanic talk, maybe its the talk about the quiet Muslim wife, perhaps it is the deceitful associations like his Sweden speech, who knows. He is an angry foot in the mouth waiting to happen.

...mercenary army link is dead... ...need more particulars on the BP gas station incident...
That sounds like you're agreeing that the other links were good and we're together on the fact that there's a clear's been a clear trend for violence in the left that goes way back to where --the French revolution.
Trump...Maybe its the Hispanic talk, maybe its the talk about the quiet Muslim wife, perhaps it is the deceitful associations like his Sweden speech, who knows...
OK, so we agree that not only do we not know, we don't even know anyone who does know. Let's drop it.
He is an angry foot in the mouth waiting to happen.
Given that we've no link to substantiate that, except perhaps this video of Trump saying "I am an angry foot in the mouth waiting to happen", imho we should drop that idea too.

...mercenary army link is dead... ...need more particulars on the BP gas station incident...
That sounds like you're agreeing that the other links were good and we're together on the fact that there's a clear's been a clear trend for violence in the left that goes way back to where --the French revolution.
Trump...Maybe its the Hispanic talk, maybe its the talk about the quiet Muslim wife, perhaps it is the deceitful associations like his Sweden speech, who knows...
OK, so we agree that not only do we not know, we don't even know anyone who does know. Let's drop it.
He is an angry foot in the mouth waiting to happen.
Given that we've no link to substantiate that, except perhaps this video of Trump saying "I am an angry foot in the mouth waiting to happen", imho we should drop that idea too.

No man, I was not in agreement about violence dating back to the French Revolution or much else.

Your links were largely dead although one did accidentally take me to the BP store I mentioned.

This was a GREAT attempt at an OP for the CDZ... Unfortunately -- no one responded with SPECIFIC content to the debate the Prez ACTIONS rather than words. So -- welcome to try again. Never hurts to be more specific in the OP and LIMIT the scope of the discussion... Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back