How about adding a "Get Serious" button to our feedback options?

E]
I hate the funny button as a dismissive, insulting comment on a serious post. I don't use it that way and it pisses me off when others do. If you aren't willing to make a comment to disagree/disapprove, just move on. You don't need to reply to it. Until we get a button that would more accurately reflect how we felt about it. The funny button should be for stuff that makes us laugh, but not in a mean way..
I agree. That's why I'd like to see a better option: the "Get Serious" button.

It would be better to leave the "funny" button to indicate that we found a posted idea amusing. But it's too late now, the "funny" button has been hijacked as a way to quickly state a negative opinion of a post. And there's nothing you and I can do to change that. Nothing, except call for a better option.
Yeah, I held a bitch session about it last week and just got called a whiner, loser, the usual. Maybe at most one or two people agreed. Whoever said people come here to bash the other side is probably right; they have fun with it.

I like my multi-function funny button!
We know.
Hitting the funny button is better than replying "you idiot" 98 times a day, isnt it?
Well, it's easier for you, that's for sure. You think some remarkably astute and thoughtful people are idiots and funny them on a regular basis.
awesome people say idiotic things. I do it, too. We all do.
You're being mighty nice today.

I like my multi-function funny button!
We know.
Hitting the funny button is better than replying "you idiot" 98 times a day, isnt it?
Well, it's easier for you, that's for sure. You think some remarkably astute and thoughtful people are idiots and funny them on a regular basis.
My birthday was saturday. My old age is calming me down

We've got the little Smiley Face that links us to a lot of them and I suspect most of us find them too difficult to locate and use.

:dig:
Yeah, we now have a million emojies to choose from, and they give a wider choice of expressions. But posting a new message then going to the smiley face to open the emoji window, then going through all the choices and finally settling on one particularly fitting emoji is just too clumsy and time consuming when one only wants to send a quick, snarky, silly, message. I think that's why so many members hit the "funny" button instead.

Happy Birthday!!!

We've got the little Smiley Face that links us to a lot of them and I suspect most of us find them too difficult to locate and use.

:dig:
Yeah, we now have a million emojies to choose from, and they give a wider choice of expressions. But posting a new message then going to the smiley face to open the emoji window, then going through all the choices and finally settling on one particularly fitting emoji is just too clumsy and time consuming when one only wants to send a quick, snarky, silly, message. I think that's why so many members hit the "funny" button instead.
If i funny your post, its because you make me laugh. You are good at blasting our peaches-in-chief AKA amnesty don.

What might seem nonsense to you may seem perfectly honest and reasonable to someone else. I agree it would be great to have a thumbs down button to "disagree" with, but I wouldn't necessarily let other posters' ratings cause me to "skip" reading a post or a thread.
I wouldn't let the Thumbs Down button stop me from reading any post.

The numberof times the Thumbs Down was clicked might just give a quick idea of how many people disagree with the post. That might actually encourage many people to read the post in question. Lol...

Happy Birthday!!!
Thank you!
32 couldnt get here slow enough lol

So, folks, if all your friends were jumping off a bridge, would you go along?

It does seem strange that a political message board doesn't have a single "disagree" button. As if posters will all have rosy thoughts about each other. Maybe it was too debated a topic if a "disagree" should not count in the ratings or should subtract one from the total, like I hear the old rating system did. I'd be in the hole, for sure.

Yeah, I think the "Get Serious" or whatever it would be called, button should NOT be counted at all in the overall ratings count. Because the negative button would certainly be exploited by some of our more venomous members to attack their perceived foes.

Imo this button should only be used, by readers, as a relative indication of disagreement to a particular message, not an official 'post' so to speak. There is no need to count it at all.

Last edited:
I hate the funny button as a dismissive, insulting comment on a serious post. I don't use it that way and it pisses me off when others do. If you aren't willing to make a comment to disagree/disapprove, just move on. You don't need to reply to it. Until we get a button that would more accurately reflect how we felt about it. The funny button should be for stuff that makes us laugh, but not in a mean way.
I agree.

But many members are now using the "funny" button as an insult. Saying, in effect, "your post is pure crap". And they're doing it because it's a simple, quick way to show their disagreement with a posted comment. Because it's being widely used (and understood) in that way I find myself sometimes using it that way, too. So the "funny" button has become a point of confusion.

For instance, when I read a post by a member whose political leanings are not known to me, and the post has several "funny" ratings, I now have to click the 'list' button next to the "funny" emoji in order to see who clicked the "funny" button — that's the only way to understand what they meant when they clicked the "funny" button. Only by comparing the political slant of the post to the names in the list who clicked "funny" can one finally understand the clickers' meaning.

Now, if we had the "Get Serious" button I'm suggesting, it would be a simple matter to look at the number of members who used it to get some guage of how the opposition feels about that particular post. Granted it wouldn't be very accurate, but using the "funny" button to show disagreement is ridiculous (but we can't stop people from doing it). Then the "funny" button could go back to being used only to indicate that someone found the post amusing.

It doesn't seem like this issue would be worth all this effort and time, but right now the "funny" button is confusing rather than helpful. Not good for a forum built to discuss politics.
One question: If a poster makes a comment that doesn't make their political leanings obvious, why do you need to dig further to try and find it out? Would you be embarrassed to hit agree on a post from someone who is on "the other side?"

Just curious.
No, sorry, that was just a quick example. And not a clear one.

If I see the number of "funny" clicks are kind of high, I'm always curious to read the list naming those who used it. I do the same (read the list) with the other buttons: Winner, etc. After a while you see certain members appearing in patterns.

And, yes I read posts from members on both sides. I also agree (and disagree) with members of both sides. There are some days when I end up arguing with people from both political sides. It's funny, because there are some people who attack me as being a raging liberal, and others who get angry because I agree with some fairly rigid conservative ideas.

I actually agree with trump on some issues. Immigration primarily. But there are other areas in which I think he's going in the right direction. But, as a man, I think he's disgusting, lacking in character, and totally self-absorbed. Unfit to be our president.

For you TNHarley you you Cockzzzzucker :smoke:

328865.gif

And:

happy-birthday-cunt_o_6615039.jpg

Forum List

Back