How about a simple solution?

Should they give up their claim to the Lands that were taken by force and threats of terrorism ?
Would you negotiate with a thief over the return of half of what he took?
The Palestinians did offer to give Israel 78% of Palestine.

Israel refused the offer and has yet to agree to that concession.
You forget, Tinmore, that the Hashemites were given control of 78% of the Palestine Mandate which is now called the country of Jordan. The remaining 22% was to be divided equally between the Jews and the Arabs. The Jews accepted, and the Arabs turned it down. I think Tinmore believes there are large parcels of ancestral land awaiting him so he keeps on posting the same old things..
The remaining 22% of what?
Are we playing dumb again, Tinmore? Of the 100 percent of the Palestinian Mandate, 78 percent was given to the Hashemites and is now called Jordan, and the remaining 22 percent was to be divided equally between the Jews and the Arabs. You should tell your friends over there that they should have accepted the 11 percent allotted to them and started building a country the way the Jews did with their 11 percent instead of immediately trying to wipe out the Jews. If they still feel unhappy, tell them to take it up with the King of Jordan to pass over some of that 78 percent of the Mandate.

The Palestinians did offer to give Israel 78% of Palestine.

Israel refused the offer and has yet to agree to that concession.
You forget, Tinmore, that the Hashemites were given control of 78% of the Palestine Mandate which is now called the country of Jordan. The remaining 22% was to be divided equally between the Jews and the Arabs. The Jews accepted, and the Arabs turned it down. I think Tinmore believes there are large parcels of ancestral land awaiting him so he keeps on posting the same old things..

The ORIGINAL MANDATE OF PALESTINE that was destined by International treaty to be the4 RESURECTED NATIONAL HOME OF THE JAEWS
Mandate of what again?
Try to keep up with the thread, Tinmore, and stop acting like a coy little high school sophmore girl in heat.

And you would know all about how coy little high school sophomore girls in heat act Tex....

The ORIGINAL MANDATE OF PALESTINE that was destined by International treaty to be the4 RESURECTED NATIONAL HOME OF THE JAEWS
Mandate of what again?
Try to keep up with the thread, Tinmore, and stop acting like a coy little high school sophmore girl in heat.

And you would know all about how coy little high school sophomore girls in heat act Tex....
And the birdbrain probably knows all the pimps in her town, but she plays coy about that while she is propping up Tinmore and his same old nonsense.

Mandate of what again?

And the birdbrain probably knows all the pimps in her town, but she plays coy about that while she is propping up Tinmore and his same old nonsense.

YAWN!

I think many people seem to have missed the fact that recognition of a palestinian state is not absolute but conditioned on a negotiated settlement.
Everyone would like the palestinians to have a state and stop the violence against Israel, the problem is the negotiated settlement. Nations that would like to recognize a palestine want to get Abbas back to the table and for hamas to be disarmed. Taking hamas off the terror list is a gesture to help them to take that step. If Hamas and Abbas don't or won't talk turkey with Israel they can be put back on the terror list just as quickly.
The EU is trying to open the door for them. Will they enter with an olive leaf or an AK47?

If the PA declare a state on land they now control that will be the end to Israel leaving the rest of the WB in any way. Palestine will be a group of inland islands that will need visas and authorized ID to travel from one area to the other by passing through Israel.

If they talk they will likely get a solid piece of land with some sort of land trade leaving Jerusalem with Israel open to tourists and Israeli muslims and limited access from non-Israeli muslims on Fridays and holy days. Muslims in the WB and G would have to attend their own mosques and apply for visas to visit the mount a few times a year. Israel would control how many foreigners can visit at any one time to prevent any hostile action against Israel.

Jerusalem is not part of the required pilgrimage my muslims. They might wish to visit but they are not required to do so my Islam.

If palestine take unilateral action they will be surrounded by forces that could crush them on at a time if they fire on Israel. No hiding behind "international resolutions". They will be a state of islands in a sea of Israel waging war and can be cut off trapped in a jail of their own making.

If palestinians want a real state they will have to come with the intent of being flexible and truly willing to work with the Jewish Israeli state as a permanent fact, and cooperative neighbor.

If they squander their chance the rest of the world might not be will to truly recognize them ever again. They can come hat in hand or sword in hand, but they will get more with only the hat and a will to do the realistic best for their people.

Time for dreaming to end and to wake to a new year and a new outlook.

This is the closest I've seen to a reasonable suggestion in this thread. This is basically the same as what I meant.

If the Palestinians would just drop the 'sword' and quit throwing rocdks, rockets, molotov cocktails, firecrackers, stabbing, driving cars into people, stabbings and just declare a non-violent and peaceful independent state with what they have right now, they would have a chance at something, finally.

Israel nor anybody else is going to line up on their border to wipe them out, and I bet that once they establish their peaceful intentions, Israel would certainly relax the restrictions. Yes, their country would for now be fragmented, but once they show Israel and the world that they truly want to co-exist peacefully, the pressure, or better, the incentive for Israel to do some land swapping, wall removing, 'occupation' removal, etc., would surely come into play.

Forum List

Back