How About A "Find My Posts" Link Imbedded in the Main, Forum Index Page?

I hope this is the right forum for this topic. I couldn't find another that seemed more appropriate.

I have a suggestion with regard to the "Find All of My Posts" feature here. At present, in order to find all of your posts, you have to (1) Click on Quick Links, (2) Scroll down and click on Your Profile (3) In your Profile, click on the Statistics tab and finally, (4) In Statistics, click on the "Find All of my Posts" link. Four, separate operations to get to your posts.

How hard would it be to put a permanent "Find My Posts" link somewhere in the Main Discussion Forum index page so that, when you first come on, you can click on that link and be taken directly to all of your posts?

I have been a member of another, rather well known political message board for a number of years. They have always had such a link, available on the main discussion forum index page. It was always the first thing I did when coming onto the site - check my posts to see if there have been any responses and if so, to answer them.

Four clicks to get there is three too many, seems to me.

Thanks for listening.

GC

How about clicking on your user ID, then user statistics, then find all posts by user? This ain't rocket science, percy .....

Yes, you can do that. But how much better to do it with a ONE-CLICK link on the Main Page, wouldn't you agree?

No. Works just fine as is.

How about a one-click link on the Main Page, thereby making it a helluva lot more convenient for your users here than having to make multiple moves to find all posts?

That ain't rocket science either.

But there IS one on the first page, main menu. It's called SEARCH. Plug in your own user name, click all posts, then advanced search and it will give you several options to narrow your search. Most people are searching for a specific thing they said, which narrows down that search considerably, rather than just listing them all page after page randomly.

Thanks, but I'm not sure you understand what I am after here. The whole point of an imbedded link on the Main Page is ONE CLICK gets you what you want. Good Lord - what you suggest here is even more rigorous than going the Quick Links/Profile/Statistics route.

You are aware of the Find All Posts feature, right? Get to your Profile, click on the Statistics tab and then on Find All of My Posts link. It takes you to a page that lists all of your posts, most recent on top.

How much better to be able to get there with one click, rather than the various, alternative (and tedious) methods now available, don't you agree?

Depends on what you're searching for, I suppose. Were you clear on that? If you're looking a response to something you posted in a specific thread, it can sometimes be easily found by switching the display to "hybrid mode" which cascades all responses in one place, rather than chronologically. The route I described is one you would use to find someone else's postings, not your own, but since at the moment anyway you seemed displeased with some of the solutions you had already been given, I thought I'd show you another option.

Depends on what you're searching for, I suppose. Were you clear on that? If you're looking a response to something you posted in a specific thread, it can sometimes be easily found by switching the display to "hybrid mode" which cascades all responses in one place, rather than chronologically. The route I described is one you would use to find someone else's postings, not your own, but since at the moment anyway you seemed displeased with some of the solutions you had already been given, I thought I'd show you another option.

All I was interested in was a link embedded in the Main Forum Index page, that would enable users to go immediately to all of THEIR posts with one, easy click of El Mouso. I am aware of the Search function - that plays no part in my request.

Click on your user name. The fourth link down enables you to go to all of your posts. Problem is, that link is not available (nor is your user name) when you first sign on at the Main Forum Index page. You have to go hunting for it. How much nicer (and easier) if you could get all of your posts with one click on one link when you first sign on.

Looks like that isn't going to happen, however.

Forum List

Back