How a conservative film critic reviews movies, he reviews them like a normal person

Wow. Two film critics with different views.
The world just stopped turning !!

As a lefty, you cant see the truth, facts, or reality....
You did this about a year ago.
Had a whine about how Hollywood was anti gun then failed to offer any proof that it was.
I kicked your arse that time as well if I remember.

No....I gave you evidence......you refused to believe it....then did the happy dance as if you achieved something....like when monkeys throw their poop around....

Here we have the review of The Great Wall...'The Great Wall' Review: Matt Damon Mates with Despotic Chinese Govt to Produce 80's-Style Fun

Never for a moment did I believe anyone who mattered was in any real danger. Never for a moment was I worried the Tao Tie might break through the Great Wall, which would mean the end of all life on the planet. Never for a moment did the CGI convince me any of it was anything close to real.

You know what, though?

I had a good time.

I frequently chuckled at the banter. The handful of imaginative battle scenes captured my attention. I only checked my watch twice. No part of my butt went numb.

Good enough for me.

Will I see it again? Yep. "The Great Wall" is going to sit on the shelf right next to "Godzilla vs. King Kong" and "Predator."

And now the political commentary.....

Let's talk a little about the politics of all this. The movie itself isn't political. But what are we really looking at in this $150 million act of fornication between left-wing Hollywood and China?

What we're looking at are soulless Leftists, those who constantly rail against the dangers of conservatism and Christianity, jumping into bed with one of the most repressive, illiberal, murderous regimes in modern history.

Yep, there is Mr. Human Rights himself, Matt Daaaaaamon, spooning naked with human rights abusers of the first order.

And it is all done only out of a grasping, bottomless greed and need for more fame and more wealth.

In my opinion the main problem is that they shouldn't do all these remakes. Almost everytime they're not on the same level with the orginal ones :(
For example I love Ghostbusters (the first one) and I don't wanna see the 2016 remake. I'm pretty sure it's not funny like the original movie :)

True. Oftentimes they used second rate actors or bad casting. I watched new movie Amytiville and Ben-Hur.......... just a waste of my time.

In my opinion the main problem is that they shouldn't do all these remakes. Almost everytime they're not on the same level with the orginal ones :(
For example I love Ghostbusters (the first one) and I don't wanna see the 2016 remake. I'm pretty sure it's not funny like the original movie :)

Absolutely Moon! I agree.

Try watching "Total Recall", it's one of the few I thought was far better than the original. You might like "RoboCop" too. I was better than the original, but not that much better.

I liked the 1989 Batman, and Batman Returns, more than the new movies, but I hated Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin.

The new movies are far better than those two. Did you like any of those?

Try watching "Total Recall", it's one of the few I thought was far better than the original. You might like "RoboCop" too. I was better than the original, but not that much better.

I liked the 1989 Batman, and Batman Returns, more than the new movies, but I hated Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin.

:bye1:
I like Robocop but I prefer Total Recall (the original one) :)
I'm not an Arnold Schwarzenegger fan but I like him in that movie ;)

Did you see the new Total Recall? It's pretty good. I liked it.

I always enjoyed Arnold as long as I saw him as being funny. In total Recall he's locked into a chair with steal plates over his hands, and all he does is scream....

arnoldface.jpeg

and then breaks the steal chair. To me that's funny. :p

Did you see the new Total Recall? It's pretty good. I liked it.

I always enjoyed Arnold as long as I saw him as being funny. In total Recall he's locked into a chair with steal plates over his hands, and all he does is scream....

View attachment 113453

and then breaks the steal chair. To me that's funny. :p
No I didn't see the new one! I'm almost sure it's not like the original movie Andylusion :)
I remember that scene where Arnold Schwarzenegger is locked into a chair... but I prefer this one :biggrin:

Maybe they werent great films.
Are you saying that films with a social message cant make money ?

If the social message is bad, yes.

The left-wing likes to paint itself as being the view of everyone everywhere. So they turn a movie, into a propaganda flick, and all the left-wing reviews give them high ratings.

But when the bad message of left-wing crap meets the world... if falls on it's face. People don't believe all the Feminist, Homo, Pro-Gov message.

Interestingly, both of the movies in the OP, are movies that I wrote off just from the trailers. Good to see my judgement is accurate.
You have mis-read my question. The OP highlighted the losses made by a couple of films and was making a point that films with a social message were unpalatable to larger audiences.
I dont think that the social message aspect is relevant at all. if its a good movie then people will go and watch it regardless of its social conscience.

When the message is painfully idiotic and always the same, and/or insulting to the institutions and values of the target audience the movies suck.

Forum List

Back