Houston Texans don't want players who knelt

Private company can set their own standard for behavior. These days companies look at your social network footprint to see who you are, and they use that information to decide if your values match theirs. As far as I know it’s all perfectly legal.

• Banned
Maybe we'll see a counter boycott by NFL players refusing to play for Houston. Wouldn't that be interesting? I'm so glad NFL players brought their personal politics to the NFL.

• Banned

It's fine. You make decisions and teams can decide how they are.

The league should not be able to make such a decision however.

If Houston doesn't do well, well that's their problem.

The league can't ban players? They suspend players all the time for off the field conduct. The NFL could absolutely ban kneelers, if they wanted.

I would encourage teams and players to work out policies they all agree to follow, independent of what they may have done in the past.

So if players agree to stand for the anthem now, or they agree to be off camera if they don't want to stand in public, as long as they follow an agreed policy NOW, that's what matters more.

Frankly, I see nothing wrong with kneeling in prayer for fallen officers, heroes or any others people want to pay respects to, then standing for the anthem.

Why not turn this into a positive prayer instead of political protest?
Nothing wrong with that, and it has even more meaning if it brings people together who may have differed in the past, but came together on a solution. That sends a better stronger message than judging people for past actions instead of rewarding people for coming to a sincere resolution.

It's fine. You make decisions and teams can decide how they are.

The league should not be able to make such a decision however.

If Houston doesn't do well, well that's their problem.

The league can't ban players? They suspend players all the time for off the field conduct. The NFL could absolutely ban kneelers, if they wanted.

I didn't say they couldn't ban them. That's not the point I was making. I said they SHOULDN'T ban them, it should be up to teams to decide.

I would encourage teams and players to work out policies they all agree to follow, independent of what they may have done in the past.

So if players agree to stand for the anthem now, or they agree to be off camera if they don't want to stand in public, as long as they follow an agreed policy NOW, that's what matters more.

Frankly, I see nothing wrong with kneeling in prayer for fallen officers, heroes or any others people want to pay respects to, then standing for the anthem.

Why not turn this into a positive prayer instead of political protest?
Nothing wrong with that, and it has even more meaning if it brings people together who may have differed in the past, but came together on a solution. That sends a better stronger message than judging people for past actions instead of rewarding people for coming to a sincere resolution.
I sense that you want to broker some sort of a peace. However, your suggestion is fraught with problems. religion and prayer are individual. What religion? Which prayer? These issues are always sectarian. The whole "taking a knee" thing was/is meant to emphasize that, in the U.S., there is is a big difference between who we say we are and what our values are and what we actually do as a nation. This is the overriding issue that we, as Americans, must address.

The whole "taking a knee" thing was/is meant to emphasize that, in the U.S., there is is a big difference between who we say we are and what our values are and what we actually do as a nation.

Oh, is that what it was/is about? And all this time I thought it was about white, racist policing.

The whole "taking a knee" thing was/is meant to emphasize that, in the U.S., there is is a big difference between who we say we are and what our values are and what we actually do as a nation.

Oh, is that what it was/is about? And all this time I thought it was about white, racist policing.

I take it that you do not understand that these issues combine to be the same thing.

I didn't say they couldn't ban them.
You said they shouldn't be able to do so. I'm guessing that's not what you meant.

I said what I said.

The teams should do the banning, not the league.

The league could ban, but shouldn't be able to. It should be a team thing. I'm more in favor of how they do leagues in Europe than in the US where there's no relegation or promotion, no reason not to fail and it's all just pathetic. In Europe clubs are independent, they hire and fire their own staff without the player belonging to the league.

Yes, the league has rules and can ban players, but it can't stop them from signing players.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t virtually the entire league take a knee at one point?

Forum List

Back