Houston elects first openly gay mayor

You really are ignorant. While Texas as a whole is a Republican stronghold, the city of Houston is not. Houston's last Republican mayor left office in 1982.

You have a point? Or just running your suck with nothing to say ....

I'm saying his premise is pretty faulty. Just because Texas is heavily Republican doesn't mean that Houston is. Just like how Georgia is a Republican stronghold, but the city of Atlanta surely isn't.

Texas is not heavily Republican. That's a myth perpetrated by the left.

1689.jpg

hillary_clinton_1101.jpg

You have a point? Or just running your suck with nothing to say ....

I'm saying his premise is pretty faulty. Just because Texas is heavily Republican doesn't mean that Houston is. Just like how Georgia is a Republican stronghold, but the city of Atlanta surely isn't.

Republicans have won four gubernatorial races in a row, hold both Senate seats, are a 20-12 majority in the state's House delegation, and have carried the state in the past five presidential elections by an average of twelve points. That's about as heavily Republican as you can get.

She didn't win on a GOP ticket...

No? Got news for you Mr Atlanta .. don't presume to know about our politics here without educating yourself first, huh.

Parker's a Democrat.
Annise Parker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But got elected in a Republican stronghold, huh? And your argument is Houston is an exception to the stronghold.

Whatever dude.

Let me clear something up for you about Texas local politics ... we vote for who can do the job, not the letter behind their names nor what they're doing in the privacy of their own homes later.

Again, this is sensationalist, deflective bullshit.

No? Got news for you Mr Atlanta .. don't presume to know about our politics here without educating yourself first, huh.

Parker's a Democrat.
Annise Parker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But got elected in a Republican stronghold, huh? And your argument is Houston is an exception to the stronghold.

Whatever dude.

Let me clear something up for you about Texas local politics ... we vote for who can do the job, not the letter behind their names nor what they're doing in the privacy of their own homes later.

Again, this is sensationalist, deflective bullshit.

The entire point is that the city of Houston isn't a Republican stronghold.

Republicans have won four gubernatorial races in a row, hold both Senate seats, are a 20-12 majority in the state's House delegation, and have carried the state in the past five presidential elections by an average of twelve points. That's about as heavily Republican as you can get.

But that has nothing to do with mayoral races in the cities, right?:cuckoo:

Keep on talking, bud .... :lol:

The cities are much more liberal than the state as a whole. Sheila Jackson-Lee, who represents a House district which covers Houston, was reelected in 2008 with over 75 percent of the vote. The district is 24 points more Republican than the state as whole.

Oh gee another stereo type all gays are so talented and artistic.

I don't care who she does what with in the privacy of her own home. And it may well be that other things mattered more in this election than her being a lesbian. Where does she stand on immigration and a host of other issues likely had more to do with it than her sexual preference.

Funny how you are able to get "all" out of "so many". Did you just "fail"?

☭proletarian☭;1803475 said:
sounds like a pretty stupid reason to distract from her responsibilities as mayor and what she plans to do about any issues the city is facing

Religion is stupid in and of itself. So of course it's a stupid reason.

Being gay doesn't mean she will be a good mayor. But considering how talented so many gays seem to be, it's probably a good start.

I bet she will have lots of Republicans who want her to "fail". Republicans are good at "fail". Either they do it or they want others to do it. What they need is to learn how to "succeed", but I suspect at that, they will "fail".

Each of your posts gets dumber and dumber. I'd put you on ignore if you didn't provide me with daily laughs.

You're right. They are dumb. Can you think of any Republicans ever, who publicly stated that they want someone to "fail"? And we all know what Republicans think of equal rights, especially for the gays. Glad we cleared that up.

The last governor that was any good was Ann Richards.

Rick Perry has so many scandals brewing he will end up to be worse that George Bush.

He possibly banned straight marriage.

Texas accidentally 'bans' straight-marriage - THE WEEK

The gay stories just won't go away:

Austin News: Naked City: The Real Sins of Gov. Perry - AustinChronicle.com

Texas Governor's Gay Sex Scandal Covered in Austin paper, the  First Non-Internet Media Outlet to Report On It.

He picks a "magical creationist" to run the schools:

Gail Lowe: Perry Picks Creationist To Run State Education Board

He rejected federal money for jobless claims and then begged for the money later:

Texas Gov. Rick Perry rejects stimulus money for jobless claims | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News

He even talked about seceding from the Union:

Think Progress » Gov. Rick Perry: Texas might have to secede.

This guy is such a perfect representative of the Republican party. Stupid, religious, hypocritical, you wanna bet he ends up on their next Presidential ticket? He's perfect, everything they want and more.

In my personal experience...Texans are primarily for Texas.

Further, a "Liberal" Texan would be considered a "Conservative" New Yorker, and vise-versa. None of this, however, changes the fact that this is a step in the right direction.

The cities are much more liberal than the state as a whole. Sheila Jackson-Lee, who represents a House district which covers Houston, was reelected in 2008 with over 75 percent of the vote. The district is 24 points more Republican than the state as whole.

I lived in Houston for about 15 years, and was never allowed to vote for a mayor of Houston, or any other place.

Only the inner city is in this special zone. What happened to no taxation without representation? No Go in Houston. I lived near the corner of FM 1960 and Hwy 290, known as Cypress-Fairbanks to locals. We basically had no local government, except for the massive school district.

has houston been smited by god yet?

Are you fucking kidding?!!:eek:

He's going to make it a Hot, Humid, Fire-Ant-Infested Hole.

He will send Hurricanes that will choke the routes out of town with cars having empty gas tanks and screaming kids.

....Then he will laugh when the storm turns away from the city.

He will cover the beaches with Tar Balls and Jelly Fish.

He will cause traffic to jam, despite 10 lanes of highway, both ways.

He will cause noxious air to flow from Petrochemical Plants all the way to Benham.

Forum List

Back