CDZ Housing Prices Increasing Twice as fast as Income

People trying to move to urban centers. Plenty of surplus in flyover country if you don't mind making less money and Wal-Mart being the big destination spot for you and your neighbors.

Back to reality. The poorer you are, the better Walmart is for you as a shopper. You get more for less money. See how that benefits a poor person ???

Then there is how they help low end workers by giving them experience to train them to get a better paying job if they are willing to work.

Walmart is a great American company
My post wasn’t any commentary on Wal-Mart. Though I don’t like how they help workers to sign up for welfare so they don’t have to pay them more, but you gotta game the system when you can I guess

OK, it sounded snarky towards Walmart.

As to your follow on. Why isn't it the responsibility of the low end workers to work harder and care more about their jobs rather than Walmart to pay them more than they are worth?
These days? I don’t know. The administration might pass a tariff or subsidy for people who want more than they’re worth at any time.

That made no sense in terms of the post you responded to. Try again.

Why isn't it the responsibility of the low end workers to work harder and care more about their jobs rather than Walmart to pay them more than they are worth?
I agree with you I just wanted to be a dick about Trump's tariffs

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Wow even with show ignored content I can't follow all of the missing posts. I take it the moderators cracked down.

People trying to move to urban centers. Plenty of surplus in flyover country if you don't mind making less money and Wal-Mart being the big destination spot for you and your neighbors.

Back to reality. The poorer you are, the better Walmart is for you as a shopper. You get more for less money. See how that benefits a poor person ???

Then there is how they help low end workers by giving them experience to train them to get a better paying job if they are willing to work.

My post wasn’t any commentary on Wal-Mart. Though I don’t like how they help workers to sign up for welfare so they don’t have to pay them more, but you gotta game the system when you can I guess

As to your follow on. Why isn't it the responsibility of the low end workers to work harder and care more about their jobs rather than Walmart to pay them more than they are worth?

Damn right. And why should they be paid at all? Merely being allowed the privilege of making some 'businessman' rich is a huge reward in and of itself alone.

Housing bubble is caused by flippers in the main, running around buying up houses in big numbers, and on the West Coast Asians are paying high prices for houses here in the U.S.

As for the claims of some kind of 'shortage of skilled workers', that's nonsense. Houses have gone up on lots within 4 blocks of my house, and all four are still empty after several months of being on the market. Overbuilt and over-priced for the area. Several others, older homes, have been sold, gutted and remodeled, some sold, some still on the market. again over-priced and speculators will probably go into bankruptcy rather than price to sell, same as in the last bubble, and let the Fed eat the loss, like good little 'free market' business-people everywhere always do.Then blame left wingers because their hustle failed.

Flipper profits are getting squeezed but flippers are not the construction business. Asian buyers generally pay cash. They are both red herrings. Construction companies are still trying to sell houses in over served markets and the areas that have the land do not have the construction crews. The nearest new development to my house is around 40 miles away. Yeah there are PUDs, Condos, flips and apartments nearer but very few new single family dwelling and they are nearly all water front.

When have we seen this before.

And idiot Congressional Republicans, with a few Democratic idiots tagging along, seek to undermine banking regulations put into place the last time housing prices increased faster than income.

Damn right. And why should they be paid at all? Merely being allowed the privilege of making some 'businessman' rich is a huge reward in and of itself alone.

Gotcha, Karl.

Now what if you answer the question. A man with two kids doesn't show up for work reliably on time, doesn't work hard, doesn't care about his job. Why is it Walmart's job to care about his kids, not him?

We make less money in flyover country because we aren't burdened by state governments sucking us dry for liberal schemes. Prices across the board are lower in flyover country, so it takes less to live. Companies pay higher wages in places like New York and California because those states would be ghost towns if they paid what the rest of the country gets paid. The question is, why haven't those companies moved? I'll give you a for instance. My 2800 sq ft house that is worth $289k would cost you well over $1M on either coast. I'll stay in flyover country with a relative wage/cost than your stinking, festering, decaying urban center.
Your house is worth less because the economy and market where you live have only a fraction of the competition and demand for products and services that exists in urban centers. In other words, if you live somewhere where nothing’s going on, don’t expect people to be outbidding each other for the chance to work and/or live there.

LOL You don't know shit about what you're talking about. We had one of the lowest state unemployment rates during the disastrous Obama economy.
So? The market dictates that your house is cheap because there’s little demand for it. The most basic economic principle there is.

You're a moron. Go back to school.

Gotcha, Karl.

Now what if you answer the question. A man with two kids doesn't show up for work reliably on time, doesn't work hard, doesn't care about his job. Why is it Walmart's job to care about his kids, not him?

Sorry, no interested in your right wing dumbass memes, outside of their entertainment value. Unless of course you have some real evidence they're being paid low wages just because they're like, all lazy n stuff, or whatever handwave is current with your Hive this week.

Gotcha, Karl.

{elevator music}

Gotcha, Karl.

Sorry, no interested in your right wing dumbass memes, outside of their entertainment value. Unless of course you have some real evidence they're being paid low wages just because they're like, all lazy n stuff, or whatever handwave is current with your Hive this week.

So you're saying they work hard and Walmart won't pay them? That's just ridiculous and completely baseless. Anyone who works hard in this country and cares about their job isn't worried about making minimum wage

Forum List

Back